Glad I found you all

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't find the appropriate category, so just ask. Who makes CCTV Security Pros equipment? Searched for hours and seems to be a reputable company, but can't find what the equipment actually is. Thanks in advance. Will probably have more questions once it arrives. Buying this at auction, brand new. 8 camera system.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Just an offhand comment, and I haven't looked for CCTV Security Pros at all, but if you can't find anything about them do you really think they are reputable or even popular or worthwhile?

"Systems" are generally nice if all you want is broad over views that won't let you identify who did what, especially at night. Each camera in a system needs to be specific for the job it has and the area it watches. One size fits all solutions rarely, if ever, work out well.

Read the Wiki in the blue bar at the top of the page. High resolution cameras are only good IF they have a large enough sensor to support that resolution. Focal length is the next most important parameter. A 2.8mm lens will only get good identification shots if the subject is 15 feet or less away from the camera and the camera is mounted no higher than seven and a half feet.

Read, plan, read some more, revise the plan, read everything again, look at the plan then ask questions here.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can't find the appropriate category, so just ask. Who makes CCTV Security Pros equipment? Searched for hours and seems to be a reputable company, but can't find what the equipment actually is. Thanks in advance. Will probably have more questions once it arrives. Buying this at auction, brand new. 8 camera system.
HI @Twister

Do you have any pictures, model numbers?

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For all, thanks for the pointers. The model of the NVR is CSP-PROPOE8-4k. Cameras not sure yet.

looney2ns, thank you. Really been on the site unregestered for a few days trying to learn. Did a search for the brand and only got a couple hits. Thanks.

As for other considerations, will be short distance maybe 30' or so with a few long range in back yard just to see movement.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For all, thanks for the pointers. The model of the NVR is CSP-PROPOE8-4k. Cameras not sure yet.

looney2ns, thank you. Really been on the site unregestered for a few days trying to learn. Did a search for the brand and only got a couple hits. Thanks.

As for other considerations, will be short distance maybe 30' or so with a few long range in back yard just to see movement.
spec sheet for NVR .. I'm still not certain of the OEM ..

Attachments

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mat200, I have the specs on the NVR, just waiting to find out the cameras. Should know by tomorrow. As I said, this is a local auction and I trust the company that all is new. For the price I've seen for a new system, I feel my offer is reasonable for a good starter unit. Already have SmartPSS downloaded for PC and have TONS of pc stuff from when I was in the business.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oops, only thing is a survellience hdd which found that Seagate Skyhawk is not that expensive for getting in the 5tb range which will be more than enough for my needs.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a link of the pics I have.

Looks like an Excellent win .. for a"4K" kit considering the supply chain issues and inflation ..

1654635986000.png
1654636014393.png

note: NVR picture is upside down here ..
1654636056954.png

The CSP-PROPOE8 spec sheet shows:
1654636224478.png

note it states IVS .. often a Dahua OEM related term .. so wondering if this is a Dahua OEM NVR .. hmmm ..

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mat200, we have been considering a system for a while. Since this seems to be a somewhat pro system, that's why I'm going for it. Wife won't like my final bid maybe, but to good to let slip by.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mat200, we have been considering a system for a while. Since this seems to be a somewhat pro system, that's why I'm going for it. Wife won't like my final bid maybe, but to good to let slip by.
Hi @Twister

I'm hoping you got a solid score on this kit ... looking forward to a bit of a quick update once you get a chance to bench test it.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Twister

I'm hoping you got a solid score on this kit ... looking forward to a bit of a quick update once you get a chance to bench test it.
Watching the auction now. Have a few more hours, but will get it. Am anxioius to get it home and find all the capabilities. I figure the system is about $3,000 approximate from what I've researched. Have 10% on it right now and probably will go a bit higher. This auction I am used to the folks that bid, so can snooker them a bit. See how it plays out. Thanks for your support. Is a nice starter unit.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea from the model what these cams can do? Thinking regular color during daytime, crap IR at night, and maybe some audio pickup.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I looked at their site the other day and they didn't seem to post much information about the cameras, like sensor size in particular. Another thing to be careful with is the cables that come with it. Make sure they are solid copper and not marked as "CCA", copper clad aluminum.