Glad I found you all

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up kit today and is brand new. NVR has 2tb set to go and here are the 8 cams.View attachment 130158View attachment 130159
Hi @Twister

Looks like older model cameras .. 3MP ..

Perhaps similar to this USA Dahua model ..

1654739703238.png

Thus I would consider augmenting the kit with at least one better Dahua OEM 4MP 1/1.8" sensor camera to cover the most critical low light view ..

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did some looking and closer to Uniview maybe. IR distance for recognize is 164 ft. Furthest for me is about 50 ft. With SmartPSS can set zone distance for alarms. Still have to setup NVR to see what's there. System was purchased in mid 2018.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found the pdf for this camera. Yes it is a 3MP.
Once I get things setup, may sell a couple of the cams and go with your recommendation since there is 1 zone that is low to no light. For my needs, could get away with 6 or possibly 4 cameras and make it work. Have to wait and see the ROI I get.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
samplenhold, yea see that now. My bad. Been doing a lot around here trying to get ready for super price inflation ahead. Garden, fuel pre-purchase at today's prices, security just in case. Lot's happening that a lot of folks don't realize. Anyway, you all are helping me build a strong knowledge base to proceed with security.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of research about this system and if you look at the pdf in #20, shows PTZ specs. Looking at the actual camera, for the life of me can't see how. Is it a software/digital thing?

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Been doing PC work since Win 1.0:wtf: All good. Will be firing up the NVR with 1 cam to learn the system tonite. Thanks

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reading another thread right now and there is a link to Dahua OEM that shows all the rebranding they do. So my system is a rebranded Dahua to CCTV Security Pros. I LOVE THIS FORUM! So much knowledge just by taking the time to read.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow! Lots of things to learn. Front of property laid out and mounting cams today. Run nic cable tomorrow. Confirmed solid copper cable.

The cameras are REAL basic but good enough to get going. I have lots of short distances so confirmed "I" not a problem. Even caught a plate number today. Have 1 camera hooked and placing to get best coverage. Truck went by and got usable LPR. Will post some shots later this week. Got the standard "warning" signs with this, but I like this one better.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! Lots of things to learn. Front of property laid out and mounting cams today. Run nic cable tomorrow. Confirmed solid copper cable.

The cameras are REAL basic but good enough to get going. I have lots of short distances so confirmed "I" not a problem. Even caught a plate number today. Have 1 camera hooked and placing to get best coverage. Truck went by and got usable LPR. Will post some shots later this week. Got the standard "warning" signs with this, but I like this one better.
Remember Junction boxes optional,
Drip loops important ...

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got Phase I of the install completed. Cameras are okay for starters, but will be looking for a couple better ones later.

Great thing is all my distances are within 15' or so except 1 which is about 60', but even with that not to bad. Did some image tweaking last night and getting much better images now. As promised, here's a couple pics.

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you get the siding out of the view of two of those cameras the image will improve dramatically. There also seems to be some reflection in the first camera view as well. Counting from left to right, top to bottom, they are numbers 1, 3 and 4. The IR light being reflected by the siding, especially in 3 and 4, is effectively blinding them at night. In the view of camera 1 there seems to be a double reflection at the top of the view. Additionally, have you done any "tuning" in terms of adjusting exposure, brightness, contrast, gain, exposure compensation, back lighting and so on?

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you get the siding out of the view of two of those cameras the image will improve dramatically. There also seems to be some reflection in the first camera view as well. Counting from left to right, top to bottom, they are numbers 1, 3 and 4. The IR light being reflected by the siding, especially in 3 and 4, is effectively blinding them at night. In the view of camera 1 there seems to be a double reflection at the top of the view. Additionally, have you done any "tuning" in terms of adjusting exposure, brightness, contrast, gain, exposure compensation, back lighting and so on?
I have done tuning need a bit more needs more I agree. On 1, that's a tree. Moved camera today will see. #3 can move camera a bit. #4 is a pain. It's under a small over hang, but looked at it 15 minutes ago and can get it a few more inches away from the siding. I might make a shield if need be to put on the side. I'm retired and did industrial fabrication at one time. Thing is to keep it no further forward of the lense than the top shield. That way it "should" dampen the glare and not get into the view field.

As for tuning, have a ways to go. I know better images are there than now. #5 surprised me. That is a no light area and fairly good image considering the camera.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd just move/rotate the cameras using their mounts to get things out of the field of view. By getting rid of that reflected light you'll get much cleaner, sharper, video.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was just looking at the night images live and 2,3,&4 are moving tomorrow. Will get a bit more of what I want and the siding won't be an issue.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So question before I totally mess up. The OS is embedded on the NVR(supposedly). NVR has a 2tb HDD and just ordered 2 6tb HDDs. So putting the 2 new ones in should not disrupt the OS except for settings which through SmartPSS I can save. Does that sound right?

The 2tb was formatted today so that would only get new video and get rid of the setup garbage. There was a difference of about 12gb between free and total space after format. Looks like there may be inmportant things on the 2tb. That's why I ask the question.