GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you set the "less secure Apps" to on? I have found I get the authentication error of it is not enabled
I mucked around last night confirmed google less secure apps was enabled

hikvision domes on 5.3.5 5.2.5 or thereabouts all various GMAil settings
ports 25/ 2525/ 587 / etc

and nothing worked with respect to hikvision email test and gmail.

id been using gmx for a year but their recent updates have broken that as well.

opaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Could you help please. Just want to get a firmware update on DV-7204HVI-SV.

it seem a could't find it anywhere. Its just an old DVR 2 years ago.

opaw

n3wb
Reaction score
anybody manage to find solution to run email notification? could anybody share it please?

thanks

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm, refining my setup yielded the following

NVR is DS-7604NI-E1 V3.4.95 build 170626
Camera is 2142FWD-IS V5.4.5 build 170124

gmail works from the camera but NOT from the NVR :(

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did it used to work from the NVR and then you did an update?
Gmail has worked OK for me for a while on a couple of NVRs with 3.4.90 and 3.4.91
Sorry, I never tried to setup the NVR on the original FW, as I say I am refining as I go and only add the flash bits once the basics are working, so I often flash before tuning to avoid any old issues, yeah I know it introduces more :)

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My GMX stopped working on the 11th of July. I just logged in and they have purged all of my emails. To be fair, I probably had >100GB of them...

opaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, refining my setup yielded the following

NVR is DS-7604NI-E1 V3.4.95 build 170626
Camera is 2142FWD-IS V5.4.5 build 170124

gmail works from the camera but NOT from the NVR :(
Hi Silas, what set-up did you used to run this?

Reaction score
not sure if it helps, but my email settings get screwed up around once a month at least.. a random character will be inserted into the to for from address.. This firmware on mine is beyond buggy.

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the problem is with hikvision instead of Gmail. I have no problem using Gmail to send me alert from my other foscam. Instead of Gmail or gmx, I now use the email provided by my ISP and that works. Is there a reason why we all tend to use Gmail instead of the email provided by our ISP?

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
So my mails stopped again yesterday on hikvision? Was working fine for last couple of months since hikvision sent me new updated firmware.

Anyone else experience new problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melli

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat...I tried various email servers/ports/gmail's app/etc., to see if I could still do 'SSL' emails. Nothing...nada.
I have two cams DS-2CD3132F-IWS and DS-2CD3132-I
Running V5.2.5build 141201 firmware in both.

So, I have two cams that I can still see via cellphone, computer (firefox/IVMS), but I no longer get alerts, which is the reason I bought them.
What to do? I downloaded IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.41_170707 firmware....debating whether I should give it a twirl, and probably brick them.
Any ideas? Any firmware that supports TSL for my cams?

I need email alerts via an PoE IP cam, preferably the same quality as what I am getting. Any cams that fit the bill that are reasonably priced?
Can I offer these to someone to play with if I find a couple of cams?

I cannot believe what I've read about Hikvision and their blatant attempts to kill retailers and suckers like me, who bought grey market ones through Amazon (unknowingly). Nobody in their right mind would buy these cams if they are going to be paperweights from upgrading the firmware.
I don't understand their logic...I ran into the same sort of deal with a printer (Epson?) I bought a decade ago, only to discover they were muscling out AFM cartridge makers...eventually, couldn't even refill a used one. I will never buy from them again, ever. Hikvision is going down the same path.

Such a shame, as when I got these two years ago, I was floored. Once I figured out how to set them up, I was in la-la land. A security system that sent pics (good enough for me) to the cloud. No NVR (not required, and safer having pics on cloud if I had a B&E).

idk