GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
Not works for DS-7608N-E2 / 8P on V3.0.8 build 140825

Yes Gmail is the recipient but doesn't make a difference.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yandex seems to work for me. Sent and received test emails. Haven't actually gone outside and triggered an event yet. My cameras are a xc2042 that nelly's changed firmware to 5.3.6 yesterday (made no difference) and a xc2020 on firmware 5.3.0. I also was able to set the xc2042 to record to angelcam.com (free 3 day) but I can't get the xc2020 to connect to angelcam.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a westen region 2CD2332-I fw 5.1.6 build 140612 and it does not work with yandex.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Obviously our results vary depending (among other factors) on the device, firmware version and (possibly) region of firmware (western or Chinese).
To all members: please state the camera/NVR model, your firmware and region of item, in order to identify possible patterns of success or failure.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why only gmail?

Why does hikvision not work with other emails?

spikegv

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried a few different providers and all fail. Yandex, Microsoft, Yahoo.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yandex is working for me. Both test emails and event triggered emails.

My setup:

3 CCCH DS-2CD2132F running 5.2.5 b 141201
1 CCWR DS-2CD2532F running 5.3.0 b 150513
1 CCCH DS-2CD2132F running 5.3.3 b 150514
1 BBWR DS-2CD2142FWD running 5.3.6 b 151105

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 4 2332 and 1 2532 all with the latest firmware updated earlier this year. The nvr is 7608nei2. It was working until 8pm eastern time on the 22nd and then stopped. I didn't even realize it. No idea what I did but that day I was simply reviewing some footage. No changes were made. I have Verizon, ntp works no problem, the cameras are accessible inside and out I'm using the virtual ports and then doing internal forwarding. If I use gmail with 465 and ssl it says failed to connect test server, if I use 587 and no ssl it says testing failed. Created a new gmail account turned off extra security nothing. Tried yahoo, nothing.

wroom

n3wb
Reaction score
Had the same issue. On the 22nd was the last time I got an email alert and then it stopped. I tried everything mentioned in this thread and Yandex worked for me. I've created a new yandex account and forwarded it to my gmail. Test email from my camera works, not sure yet about the event though. I've got a DS-2CD2332-I with V5.2.5 build 141201 firmware.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
saw this and the earlier one and just tried it GREAT SUCCESS!!! I was almost about to wipe my devices and start over. I've got the latest firmware on it which is 150513 v5.3.0 and on the nvr i've got v3.3.6 build 151229. Updated earlier this year around march and been working fine. In any case sent hik support a note just now before trying this. Either its gmail upto their shenanigans or the software cant handle their shenanigans.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND KEEPING EVERYONE SANE IN THIS AND OTHER ENDEAVORS
Had the same issue. On the 22nd was the last time I got an email alert and then it stopped. I tried everything mentioned in this thread and Yandex worked for me. I've created a new yandex account and forwarded it to my gmail. Test email from my camera works, not sure yet about the event though. I've got a DS-2CD2332-I with V5.2.5 build 141201 firmware.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
one question though why forward the yandex to gmail instead of just using yandex to send to gmail within the device (unless that is what you mean and I'm reading too much into it :) )

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking... Hikvision. I hate it even more now. I will try yandex route.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
aside from the what seems to be bad coding for firmware and non consistent support (maybe out of place saying this) I think they have a solid product. Then again not sure what to compare to. AXIS and the like are well beyond my $ scale.
Fucking... Hikvision. I hate it even more now. I will try yandex route.

db0511

n3wb
Reaction score
Using Yandex i keep getting wrong user name and pass. Same credentials work on the site.
DS-2CD2032-I with V5.2.5 build 141201

ogoname

n3wb
Reaction score
Yandex only works for the test mail, but not for alerts, what could it be?

highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
Yandex only works for the test mail, but not for alerts, what could it be?
I'm having this exact same issue with my service providers smtp.

With yandex it won't send test emails at all.

Why did Gmail have to stop working....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

PRC_Save_Me

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You create and use an app-specific password not the e-mail's password. Click the gear settings button, go to "Two-factor authentication - Start using one-time passwords" then you'll find a place to generate "Application passwords" and it'll generate app-specific password for Hikvision's email alerts

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The question is why Hikvision only worked with Gmail did nothing to support other providers. Google warned about dropping support for a while. Like I said... $%_#$^&+÷$#!! Hikvision. Is Dahua working with other providers?

spikegv

n3wb
Reaction score
You create and use an app-specific password not the e-mail's password. Click the gear settings button, go to "Two-factor authentication - Start using one-time passwords" then you'll find a place to generate "Application passwords" and it'll generate app-specific password for Hikvision's email alerts
Do you add the DVR as a mail client under the yandex settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk