GW Security 8 Camera Package, Feedback?

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you haven't already, might try doing a forum search for "gw security", ... looks like there a few threads out there from folks that have experience with them.

Off the cuff, the cameras are 5MP (with what looks like a run-of-the-mill 1/3" image sensor). I have one 3MP camera (with an run-of-the-milli mage sensor), and while it looks great during the day, it stinks at night compared to my 2MP Dahua Starlights. I spent a decent amount of time tweaking that 3MP camera, ... at night, I can get OK-looking images (very noisy/grainy compared to the Starlights, but still useful)... as long as nothing's moving. If something moves (like a person walking by), the movement part of the image is a blurry mess. Cameras with more megapixels (and run-of-the-mill image sensors) almost always have an even tougher time with that problem.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Stephan,

1) I would be cautious with 3rd party sellers on Newegg, as I am not certain if Newegg is properly vetting them

2) Do take a look at the camera models in the cliff notes - those we know a lot more about.
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

3) Do take a look at reviews here from members, 5MP sensors are new - and reviews here are just coming out on those cameras.

4) Do look for vetted vendors which members recommend. ( example Andy, Nelly's ... )

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score