Hardware Review for 7 Camera Setup + DR

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you logged in remotely using something like teamviewer?
No.. Directly.. also the BI UI is reporting the same thing. But not task manager.

with respect to the fps, try connecting the blue iris pc to the same switch as the camera, not the router.
No Ports left atm on switch but fair enough

Still I don't see how this 100% CPU usage is happening? I mean it was good and then I dropped the bitrate to 4MB and suddenly the spike and 100% but task manager not reporting this. Maybe I drop from 1080p to 720p ?? still don't see why as initially was working fine..

Another note - now that I am on 1080p recording, whenever I playback an alert on PC / Mobile or live view on PC.. the top few lines of the video is all garbage in between plays like its buffering / rendering.. Don't know if its related to the 100% CPU usage and thus its not rendering properly??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No.. Directly.. also the BI UI is reporting the same thing. But not task manager.

No Ports left atm on switch but fair enough

Still I don't see how this 100% CPU usage is happening? I mean it was good and then I dropped the bitrate to 4MB and suddenly the spike and 100% but task manager not reporting this. Maybe I drop from 1080p to 720p ?? still don't see why as initially was working fine..

Another note - now that I am on 1080p recording, whenever I playback an alert on PC / Mobile or live view on PC.. the top few lines of the video is all garbage in between plays like its buffering / rendering.. Don't know if its related to the 100% CPU usage and thus its not rendering properly??
no idea, there lines might be related to hardware acceleration...make sure you cams are set to h.264 not 264+...also make sure hardware acceleration is set to no vpp

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no idea, there lines might be related to hardware acceleration...make sure you cams are set to h.264 not 264+...also make sure hardware acceleration is set to no vpp
I am a bit lost.. All Cameras are set to H.264 and hardware acceleration is set to H.264 (No VPP). I have uninstalled and reinstalled BI, checked all settings like direct to disk and frame rate.

Task Manager reports about 30% CPU usage from BI, but BI and other reporting 100% CPU.. Just climbs up after restarting service

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another think I am seeing is (not sure if it was there before)

In Blue Iris Status I have a
1) Yellow ! mark
2) # : 519 and increasing.
3) Object: Driveway
4) Message: PTZ: 12031: /PSIA/PTZ/channels/1/presets/7/goto

Task Manager reports about 30% CPU usage from BI, but BI and other reporting 100% CPU.. Just climbs up after restarting service
This is still confusing the hell out of me

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another think I am seeing is (not sure if it was there before)

In Blue Iris Status I have a
1) Yellow ! mark
2) # : 519 and increasing.
3) Object: Driveway
4) Message: PTZ: 12031: /PSIA/PTZ/channels/1/presets/7/goto

This is still confusing the hell out of me
if it climbs you have a memory leak..search memory leak on this forum...

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if it climbs you have a memory leak..
Do you mean memory climbs? no that is sitting at 1GB and task manager reports CPU of 30%.. but still, BI UI and others using 100% CPU reported

search memory leak on this forum
So many threads.. can you elaborate? If its the one pointing to reinstalling display driver (Intel HD 5000) I have already tried that earlier today

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean memory climbs? no that is sitting at 1GB and task manager reports CPU of 30%.. but still, BI UI and others using 100% CPU reported

So many threads.. can you elaborate? If its the one pointing to reinstalling display driver (Intel HD 5000) I have already tried that earlier today
you need to install the correct driver..the threads discuss the correct driver...if it sits at the same level its not a memory leak

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have literally formatted my computer and restored BI - same issue.. Have raised a support request.. But a real bummer it worked for a bit after moving to direct to disc and then something has gone wrong and back to 100% CPU usage but in a wierd way task manager only reporting 30% usage :(

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you disable Motion Detection in BI?
?? No.. there will be no point for setup if no motion detection..

I have had it on from day 1.. so that shouldn't be the cause

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope you can find a solution. I’m having the same behavior. I’m running 24 cams on a i7 8th gen. All was fine for a few days and then bam 100% cpu usage. I can restart BI and back down to 30% and the randomly back to 100%.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have done some further testing on CPU usage.. So it is directly related to the HW acceleration for me. With it OFF the BI CPU hovers around 53% (did 2 restarts of service and left it running for 40min each).

As soon as I turn it ON task manager drops the BI usage to about 30-33% but BI reports 100% CPU usage (including 8Gadgets All CPU Meter which I use).

Screenshots attached of both scenario (not what BI is reporting at the bottom which is also what All CPU Meter reports).

Just wondering, what should camera video properties be for each camera when HW acceleration is ON/OFF? I have had ‘Also BVR’ checked and unchecked with no affect. Wasn’t sure what that and the limit decoding value should be.

Camera Video Properties.png

I have Intel Graphics HD 5000 with driver version 20.19.15.4624

I also tried HW Acc ON with VPP.. that keeps the CPU to 90% (although fluctuating a lot from 60% - 100%) approx with task manager reporting BI around 20%

Currently, have disabled HW Acceleration thus high BI CPU usage (53% around) but not overall CPU usage like 100%

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you can find a solution. I’m having the same behavior. I’m running 24 cams on a i7 8th gen. All was fine for a few days and then bam 100% cpu usage. I can restart BI and back down to 30% and the randomly back to 100%.
Search memory leak..it's the Intel driver..

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Search memory leak..it's the Intel driver..
Do you think its for my case as well? I don't see memory usage building up massively.. unless you think I haven't left it running long enough?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think its for my case as well? I don't see memory usage building up massively.. unless you think I haven't left it running long enough?
Not sure about your issue... email support.