Have you purchased a HUISUN IP Camera?

Have you purchased a HUISUN IP Camera yet?

• Yes

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Refer to this thread:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year

Have you purchased a HUISUN IP Camera?

I have had mine for about 2 days now, and so far I am very impressed and will probably purchase at least one more. I have (7) Hikvision cameras, but frankly I am turned off on how they have decided to sell them now and I am just curious if Huisun may becoming the new DIYer favorite

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Huisun is limited to only one cam which doesn't work well for indoors due to its size. They need more offerings and looks like they are working on some new stuff.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its also important to consider that we dont know how reliable these will be. Particularly the led's and the focus mechanism. Its cheap enough that if you buy one or two, its not big deal if they fail...but if you buy 8 for an entire system you might be sorry...only time will tell.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Its also important to consider that we dont know how reliable these will be. Particularly the led's and the focus mechanism. Its cheap enough that if you buy one or two, its not big deal if they fail...but if you buy 8 for an entire system you might be sorry...only time will tell.

Good point - but I just ordered a second :)

I was going to use the first one in my back yard - but then I tried it out front along with my 10mm Hik that I use to try to capture license plates. I really don't need a PTZ for that, but having it sure made it easier to set up and zoom in to just the right spot

Time will tell...

This is what I have it set to - the street about 100' away

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and ordered one this week. Still processing.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good point - but I just ordered a second :)

I was going to use the first one in my back yard - but then I tried it out front along with my 10mm Hik that I use to try to capture license plates. I really don't need a PTZ for that, but having it sure made it easier to set up and zoom in to just the right spot

Time will tell...

This is what I have it set to - the street about 100' away
Hmmm, can't seem to make out the street in that capture. :D Is that a manhole cover? :)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not in my hands quite yet, but I've been wanting a decent PTZ since forever. I can't wait...but...I can wait...what other choice do I have?!

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have I purchased Huisun IP Camera yet?? I bought 5!

dalepa

Reaction score
Ordered mine on the 7th, scheduled to arrive via DHL tomorrow.

Im planning to use mine to setup a Osprey Cam like the image below this weekend. Can't wait to be able to PTZ in on the action.

stacks_image_23.jpg

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yowzuh! Individually, or lump sum? Common thought here is to order 1 at a time to avoid excessive fees....
Ordered 2 and then decided to get 3 more. Maybe it's a bad idea to do that because of the import duties and DHL making extra money because they paid my duties tax. It was like $27 and change for the first 2 cameras. I have not received the bill for the 3 cameras but I'm not looking forward to it.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered 2 and then decided to get 3 more. Maybe it's a bad idea to do that because of the import duties and DHL making extra money because they paid my duties tax. It was like $27 and change for the first 2 cameras. I have not received the bill for the 3 cameras but I'm not looking forward to it.
I think $28 was what I paid for 'quick' DHL ship on my single cam (as opposed to epacket)..so you essentially paid twice for buying two cams at once?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Well I still haven't got my camera, i order mine on 11/5 and still not ship yet, they claim they do not have stock, I order the one with alarms and audio, Aliexpress is going to cancel the order if is not ship in the next 3 days, So I don't know what to think anymore, I feel like I am kissing 177.00 good bye.
Watch out.
Regards.
Chewie

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Monica is a very trusted seller, basically we have stripped them of all stock. They never thought they would sell as fast as the have, just from my first post. But loads more are on there way for sure.

No money would be lost as Ali Pay is better than PayPal so your money is secure.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not surprised. Sony sensor and decent design, and above all - great customer service. Good business model from Huisun and thumbs up from me.

My cameras are looking a bit big, so I might swap them for turrets soon. Personal preference rather than criticism.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I am using my first Huisun camera to replace my 'license plate reader' cam which was a Hikvision 2032 with a 10mm lens

Here is an overview. This is from my Hikvision 2032 with a 4 mm lens which is mounted just below the Huisun camera on the eaves of my 1 story garage. Their are two man hole covers. The first is pretty much centered in the road and is just to the left of this truck which is about 80' away. There is not much traffic on my street and people like to cut the corner so I try to position the camera to catch cars coming both ways
overview.jpg

Here is a front shot of the Huisun at about 5.3x zoom (out of 10)
front 5x.jpg

Here is a rear shot
rear.jpg

Here is a night shot (still trying to tweak the settings)
night.jpg

Another night - same vehicle
night rear.jpg

Daylight shots are easy and I have some advantages the way my street makes a 90 degree turn for the night time ones, but it still takes some playing around with shutter speed etc to find that right balance. So far, very happy with the Huisun - especially at that price point. Second one I just ordered is going to be for the back yard

Edited to add - I have a Hikvision 2532 for my front door cam and it actually does a pretty good job catching the cars going by, especially during the day. (front door is on opposite side of garage cams)
front door.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Well I still haven't got my camera, i order mine on 11/5 and still not ship yet, they claim they do not have stock, I order the one with alarms and audio, Aliexpress is going to cancel the order if is not ship in the next 3 days, So I don't know what to think anymore, I feel like I am kissing 177.00 good bye.
Watch out.
Regards.
Chewie
You will receive an immediate credit if the order is canceled... Why do you think you lost your money?