Having trouble figuring out which dahua NVRs support IVS and no POE

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have about a month now with my first dahua camera using synology surveillance station and I've found I really like the IVS detection and find it much better than the motion sensing from both the camera and the synology.

What i'm having trouble with is understanding the model numbering/tech sheets on the dahua site. I figure I only really need a max of 4 channels but may as well go with 8 in case i get more in the future. But I have a unifi switch that I use for POE and from what I read it could cause issues trying to run a POE NVR with dahua and a POE switch (the NVR not liking the fact that the cameras are not directly connected to the NVR).

Which of the dahua NVRs support 8 channel with IVS detection support and are non-POE?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have about a month now with my first dahua camera using synology surveillance station and I've found I really like the IVS detection and find it much better than the motion sensing from both the camera and the synology.

What i'm having trouble with is understanding the model numbering/tech sheets on the dahua site. I figure I only really need a max of 4 channels but may as well go with 8 in case i get more in the future. But I have a unifi switch that I use for POE and from what I read it could cause issues trying to run a POE NVR with dahua and a POE switch (the NVR not liking the fact that the cameras are not directly connected to the NVR).

Which of the dahua NVRs support 8 channel with IVS detection support and are non-POE?
Welcome Morlup,

Dahua naming convention includes the number of PoE ports a NVR may have.

Example:
NVR5216-4KS2 has no PoE ports, can handle up to 16 cameras
NVR5216-16P-4KS2 has 16 PoR ports, can handle up to 16 cameras
Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

I recommend taking a closer look at the NVR5216-4KS2 model and seeing if that works for you.
Note a lot of people here really like Blue Iris, and that may be also a good option for you. ( it runs on a windows PC )

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

morelup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. And yes I started looking a bit at blue iris, it was just more config than I think i was looking to get into (at least from the short time i played around with the trial system)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. And yes I started looking a bit at blue iris, it was just more config than I think i was looking to get into (at least from the short time i played around with the trial system)
That is the beauty of blue iris...you CAN set lots of various options or leave most things at default and you would be at the same level as the NVR....if you think you can just turn on the NVR and go, you are wrong.