Hello from Australia need reply concerning if neighbor is spying.

Reaction score
Desperately need a reply from qualified persons to a image I have taken. I think my neighbor has been spying on me. Or worst case scenario I'm losing my marbles. Just have to workout how to upload image

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Desperately need a reply from qualified persons to a image I have taken. I think my neighbor has been spying on me. Or worst case scenario I'm losing my marbles. Just have to workout how to upload image
Or........click on the "insert image" icon as shown below, then browse to find the image or drag it into a box that will pop up.

IPCT_post-image.jpg

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am interested to see the image.

A lot of my cameras likely appear to be looking where they are not. Most also cannot see very much detail past my property line even though they are pointed that direction.

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the replies.
Tiny backstory, almost everytime I would step into backyard I would hear neighbor say curse words directed at me.
I thought I had good video of this shot with smart phone but realized I didn't hit the record button so had a another go but quickly flipped my phone camera around corner to take footage. My neighbor recently put and umbrella pretty close to my fence. Now when viewing the umbrella at night time with naked eye it would appear as an umbrella should at night time but when viewed with camera it had a glow and also strangely revealed the internals of umbrella which clearly does not look like standard internals. Also on the crappy video footage I can see a quick tiny red flash when I assume trigged some sort of motion detection. Which is invisible to naked eye but was visible with camera. Oh I feel like a total crackpot explaining this.
Those circle things look similar to the led things I've posted below. Also further back to the right I noticed tiny light that only appears when I viewed with a glint finder so I'm either paranoid that a spy cam in distance and that umbrella set up is to create more light for the cam in the distance.
IMG_20230701_110625.jpgScreenshot_20230701-113436.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230702-051821.png
That is light that was in the distance that was behind the umbrella not the red tiny flash I mentioned but a separate light that was in a fruit tree nextdoor that I picked up with a glint finder. That is invisible to naked eye

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Your cell phone picks up IR as purple light at night. Some of the old
web cams can have the IR filter removed. If there are IR cams, you will
find them with one.

Reaction score
Your cell phone picks up IR as purple light at night. Some of the old
web cams can have the IR filter removed. If there are IR cams, you will
find them with one.
After filming that umbrella shortly after I heard the neighbor with a battery powered drill quickly do something. And then I went to film that umbrella again and guess what it did not glow anymore and also that other light was no longer there..

Reaction score
I know that 940 nm led are supposed to be invisible even if filmed with phone camera and I can see with that image their is no brightness beaming out from the two circle bits from them but just wondering if because they are concealed like that the fabric created a glow I could see with phone cam. That's assuming there was something underneath. And to me it clearly looks like there was. Far out this sounds so crazy

Reaction score
lol, you need the help from one of these....
Lol for half a second I thought your reply was an advertisement any explanation as to why the internals of that umbrella looks like that and why it only glowed when viewing with phone camera and now no longer does?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol for half a second I thought your reply was an advertisement any explanation as to why the internals of that umbrella looks like that and why it only glowed when viewing with phone camera and now no longer does?
Sure. Its easy to explain. Its a mental disorder. Whatever was reflecting depends on the viewing angle and other factors. No camera glows green. Its all in your head. If you really believed it was a camera you would buy some binoculars or a zoom lends and see for yourself. Get help.

Reaction score
Screenshot_20230702-063805.png
That's what infrared turns up as on this app thats from a board I had laying around and just powered it up to show you that infrared will display as green on this app

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Time for fun projects... Take a look at this..

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.