Help identifying Dahua OEM NVR from Speco N8NXP

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, everyone
I have bought the same NVR from BH Video and would like to flash with DaHua firmware.
I followed val-ipcam,s guide. but I think I stuck at the step of
Via CLI set NVR network settings and tftp server usng “setenv” command.
Actually what is the (CLI) mean?
I think I did not setup the NVR setwork setting right. because there is no ip address shown for the NVR on my router GUI.
when I tried to run dr, du dw...etc command which give me error messages like Bad Magic Number and flwrite error from Putty.
Hope anyone can help with my problem....
Thank You very much!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, everyone
I have bought the same NVR from BH Video and would like to flash with DaHua firmware.
I think I did not setup the NVR setwork setting right. because there is no ip address shown for the NVR on my router GUI.
when I tried to run dr, du dw...etc command which give me error messages like Bad Magic Number and flwrite error from Putty.
Thank You very much!!!!!
CLI = command line interface ( think DOS / Unix / Linux terminal )

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
CLI = command line interface ( think DOS / Unix / Linux terminal )
thank you for the quick reply.
can you more details how to ??
please check on my attachment.
do you think the problem is on my NVR network setting??
Sorry, i m newbie!!

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, everyone
Thank You very much!!!!!
so I’ll ask some initial questions first...did you have good network connection before attempting this process...with the NVR booted? That’ll probably be setup one to make sure you have all your IP address info correct. Next, once you’re in the boot menu and setup the IP address info, you need to also be able to ping from NVR out to tftp machine, and from tftp machine to NVR. If that doesn’t work, I would not run any of the programming commands.

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
so I’ll ask some initial questions first...did you have good network connection before attempting this process...with the NVR booted? That’ll probably be setup one to make sure you have all your IP address info correct. Next, once you’re in the boot menu and setup the IP address info, you need to also be able to ping from NVR out to tftp machine, and from tftp machine to NVR. If that doesn’t work, I would not run any of the programming commands.
I think the tftp server connection is good. but the problem is on NVR.
after turned power on NVR I hit CLRL-C at putty for interrupt the boot.
because the NVR did not boot completely. it freeze at (speco technoliogy logo) on my TV . so there is no ip address generated.
please teach me if i got anything wrong.
thank you.!!!

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the tftp server connection is good. but the problem is on NVR.
after turned power on NVR I hit CLRL-C at putty for interrupt the boot.
because the NVR did not boot completely. it freeze at (speco technoliogy logo) on my TV . so there is no ip address generated.
please teach me if i got anything wrong.
thank you.!!!
Well I just want to make sure that you can boot the system normally (without trying to flash it) and get it on your network. If that works you should take note of the network settings that are configured and use these to setup the network setting when booting via serial. Are you able to boot the NVR and get to all the menus and see your cameras or at least ping the NVR?

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I just want to make sure that you can boot the system normally (without trying to flash it) and get it on your network. If that works you should take note of the network settings that are configured and use these to setup the network setting when booting via serial. Are you able to boot the NVR and get to all the menus and see your cameras or at least ping the NVR?
yes. i can boot into NVR normally.
and
when i boot into the serial mode and do following command
  • ipaddr -> The IP address of the camera
    • setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.108
  • gatewayip -> The IP address of your networks gateway (router)
    • setenv gatewayip 192.168.1.1
  • netmask -> The netmask/subnet of your network
    • setenv netmask 255.255.255.0
  • servip -> The IP address of your computer (that runs the TFTP server)
    • setenv serverip 192.168.1.2
after these command I Did the ping as attach pictures.Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
yes. i can boot into NVR normally.
and
when i boot into the serial mode and do following command
  • ipaddr -> The IP address of the camera
    • setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.108
  • gatewayip -> The IP address of your networks gateway (router)
    • setenv gatewayip 192.168.1.1
  • netmask -> The netmask/subnet of your network
    • setenv netmask 255.255.255.0
  • servip -> The IP address of your computer (that runs the TFTP server)
    • setenv serverip 192.168.1.2
after these command I Did the ping as attach pictures.View attachment 68186View attachment 68188View attachment 68190
What is your network information for NVR when booted normally?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What's the reason? I know amcrest released new version of nvr firmware that work with chrome without plug-in.... Would that be a bridge? Speco -> new amcrest -> dahua?

Or can the flashing be done via the rs232 in the back without soldering the pcb?

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
What's the reason? I know amcrest released new version of nvr firmware that work with chrome without plug-in.... Would that be a bridge? Speco -> new amcrest -> dahua?

Or can the flashing be done via the rs232 in the back without soldering the pcb?
I didn’t try it, but it seems like Speco might have locked down the files. I’m guessing some sort of signature in the file that Speco looks for.

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally, I got success to flashed by run command of "SIP" (set server ip address) and "LIP" (set local ip address).
but I dont why I still could not ping the address correctly after I run those command.

so I just gave it try, but successed .....

Thanks for everyone help!!!

ooh, one more problem
after RUN DR command complete write 100%, the NVR suddently reboot.......
then I keep finish the remaining command ........
My NVR run fine now, but still shown Speco Logo (I m using the firmware DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_SpnEng_V3.212.0000.1.R.20170224)
Here is my work process copy from Putty....
Capture6.JPGCapture7.JPGCapture8.JPG

Last edited:

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally, I got success to flashed by run command of "SIP" (set server ip address) and "LIP" (set local ip address).
but I dont why I still could not ping the address correctly after I run those command.

so I just gave it try, but successed .....

Thanks for everyone help!!!

ooh, one more problem
after RUN DR command complete write 100%, the NVR suddently reboot.......
then I keep finish the remaining command ........
My NVR run fine now, but still shown Speco Logo (I m using the firmware DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_SpnEng_V3.212.0000.1.R.20170224)
Here is my work process copy from Putty....
View attachment 68218View attachment 68219View attachment 68220
So I think I ran into the same problem initially. I think it’s because whatever file that updates the logo wasn’t/isn’t in the base file that we all started with. Once you update to latest Dahua firmware for the NVR, it should be there.

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
So I think I ran into the same problem initially. I think it’s because whatever file that updates the logo wasn’t/isn’t in the base file that we all started with. Once you update to latest Dahua firmware for the NVR, it should be there.
I still keep using the old firmware.
cuz some people said 3.216 or newer did not support chinese OEM cam well, and the mobile App gDMSS plus hard to get connected sometimes.
I think I need more feedback for the newest firmware 4.0, maybe it work better for mobile app?

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
I still keep using the old firmware.
cuz some people said 3.216 or newer did not support chinese OEM cam well, and the mobile App gDMSS plus hard to get connected sometimes.
I think I need more feedback for the newest firmware 4.0, maybe it work better for mobile app?
I’m using one of the newer firmware versions and it’s been working great for me, but my cameras are also running newer firmware versions as well. DMSS connects just fine, playback is good, and I get IVS.

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m using one of the newer firmware versions and it’s been working great for me, but my cameras are also running newer firmware versions as well. DMSS connects just fine, playback is good, and I get IVS.
what cameras u have?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So must use the pcb pin/connector to flash? Cannot do it via the rs232 port in the back?