Help identifying inexpensive 1080P Cam

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
I just picked up a fairly inexpensive ($55Cdn) 1080P IP camera from my local Canada Computers store (I'm located in Toronto), branded with their in-house "ICan" branding. This is the link to the camera on the store's web. Got it set up an working with BlueIris. Image quality seems ok. Will test it out over the next few days. I actually picked it up to server as a "SkunkCam" - been having problems with what I think is a skunk digging up my lawn.

Wonder if anyone else (here in Canada) might have picked up one of these, and can help identify it?? The web interface looks like a pretty generic interface you see on a lot of Chinese cameras, though everything is in English.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I just picked up a fairly inexpensive ($55Cdn) 1080P IP camera from my local Canada Computers store (I'm located in Toronto), branded with their in-house "ICan" branding. This is the link to the camera on the store's web. Got it set up an working with BlueIris. Image quality seems ok. Will test it out over the next few days. I actually picked it up to server as a "SkunkCam" - been having problems with what I think is a skunk digging up my lawn.

Wonder if anyone else (here in Canada) might have picked up one of these, and can help identify it?? The web interface looks like a pretty generic interface you see on a lot of Chinese cameras, though everything is in English.
Looks like a basic camera out of China that just has a basic sick screen logo. I've seen these (at least that look very close to this) with orange rings, blue rigs, green rings, and black rings. The companies that make them let you pick your ring color and logo placement. I don't know who the actual manufacture even is as it seems they come from a lot of factories.

If you have a screen shot of the web interface that may help us narrow it down though.

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the login screen, and one of the settings page.

Screenshot1.png Screenshot2.png

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
yea... I got nothing for you.

Appears to be a generic interface.

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
I do indeed have it hooked up with Blue Iris which recognized it no problem. Camera is functioning fine - as noted in my OP I got it to monitor wildlife that was digging up my lawn. I've posted a couple of the nighttime captures here. Quality seems fine for a 2MP camera, at least for purposes I need it for. The camera comes with squat in the way of documentation, but if you are all familiar with IP cams you should be able to get it working ok.

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Instructions are for losers!

What did you use for a power injector for PoE? Or do you have a PoE switch?

Do you think the camera is worth it for the price?

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
I had an unused TP link power injector that I used for the PoE. I have a number of other cameras on my system (which I use to monitor weather, not for security purposes), some of which are also PoE powered, which I do have hooked up to a POE switch. Once I'm done using this camera to spy on the critters digging up my lawn, I'll probably repurpose it as another weather camera. I got the camera on sale for $55, and its current "normal" price is $60. It's hard to go wrong for that price, especially since I can pick it up locally so no shipping charges. I suspect if I put it side by side with the two Hikvisions I also have (which are 3MP) the image quality would not be as good, but again, for what I need it for, I think it was a decent deal. I've had it running 24/7 for close to 3 weeks now, and I hasn't caused me any problems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Instructions are for losers!

What did you use for a power injector for PoE? Or do you have a PoE switch?

Do you think the camera is worth it for the price?
Buy a known good reliable camera....this no name junk always comes back to bite you in the ass...

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
Buy a known good reliable camera....this no name junk always comes back to bite you in the ass...
I generally agree, however, for my non-essential needs, I've had some luck with the "no name junk". Three of my IP cams are cheap offshore cameras that have been running fine, non-stop, for more that three years. Two of those are outdoors, exposed to Toronto winters and summers (the other is indoors, pointing out a window).

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It's POE? Specs said 12VDC on the website. Cheapos usually at least get the essentials right on the spec sheet, but not all the time I guess...

Dayve

n3wb
Reaction score

Just wondering if you found who makes these cameras? I also picked one up. I could not pass up deal.
What I'm trying to do is stream to my home automation server "Home Assistant". Just cant seem to figure out the URL for the stream.
I see you got your working with BlueIris. Which protocol did you use?

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondering if you found who makes these cameras? I also picked one up. I could not pass up deal.
What I'm trying to do is stream to my home automation server "Home Assistant". Just cant seem to figure out the URL for the stream.
I see you got your working with BlueIris. Which protocol did you use?
Using the Onvif Device Manager software, it identifies the cam as manufactured by ZSGL. I tried to find info about manufacturer or camera, but didn't find anything useful. Using the software though, it does give you video feed url: rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/H264?ch=1&subtype=0&proto=Onvif (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP number for the camera). I think this is what Blue Iris uses. It's been working just fine with my BI since install, with no reboots required for at least 4 months. Have been viewing all the nightly wildlife in my backyard just fine!

Dayve

n3wb
Reaction score
Using the Onvif Device Manager software, it identifies the cam as manufactured by ZSGL. I tried to find info about manufacturer or camera, but didn't find anything useful. Using the software though, it does give you video feed url: rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/H264?ch=1&subtype=0&proto=Onvif (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP number for the camera). I think this is what Blue Iris uses. It's been working just fine with my BI since install, with no reboots required for at least 4 months. Have been viewing all the nightly wildlife in my backyard just fine!
Thanks.
Just did some more playing around and got this to work. rtsp://User:password@xxx.xxx.x.xx/H264?ch=1&subtype=1
Works real great for a cheap camera.

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think it's a Hikvision but the menus look very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew S

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

I don't know if you still have these cameras or still interested on the info, but I did some "mild" digging on these cameras seeing as I have a few of them myself.

You're absolutely correct. for the prices of cameras today they're decent with video quality. I just haven't got the audio part of things to work correctly, if anyone has got that working please let me know! As for the software. The layout I use is the web software for configuring the camera itself, many options in there for tweaking the image quality, gain, recording etc. and the SGSeye for my phone software for remote access to the cameras when I'm in the compound and when I'm on the other side of the world. In regards to the server client software. Blue Iris is nice, however, I've tried out a great deal of software for compatibility with the cameras, features offered, price, licenses, etc and I've come up with ONE... MIlestone XP Protect, it's a beautiful application that supports up to 4 cameras at 1080P quality, free license.... forever. Even the add-ins with the program are amazing for a free application, and it looks very professional.

Digging into the cameras further as I'm looking to see if firmware updates and etc are available as one of my cameras are at a lower firmware version as the other two. I found that the company that makes these cameras go by the name of Guangdong Zhongshan GL Electronic Co., Ltd. They're located in the 3rd floor of the Wanhua Buiding in Wanhe Industrial Zone, Xiaolan, Zhongshan, China, Right across from Xinglong Park. Beautiful place, by the way, I flew over there to check it out. Seems as they're a company that manufactures a wide number of electronics for cars, alarms, security systems. etc. Their website is zsgaolong.com. You won't find anything in regards to the cameras on the site though. It's such a cold shame that Canada Computer didn't provide ANY of this information on these camera's but it's not a surprise as well.

It's best to talk via email with a Lily Gao - gly@zsgaolong.com or Lilygao@hotmail.com. I'm sure she can route you to wherever info you need.

Hope this helps...

Matthew

Last edited:

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
I've actually got 6 of these cameras now. Four of them I have up on my roof as weather cams, viewing in 4 different directions. Images are good quality, they've stood up to both summer heat and winter cold here in Toronto, and they work great with BlueIris, and also with Motioneye. The only shortcoming I have found so far is that there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the IR. Image attached is from BlueIris UI of the four cams on my roof.Screenshot_2019-02-24_11-18-05.png

Reaction score
Hi All. Hoping someone can help me. I picked up an ICan dome camera from a clearance center as an open box item. It powers up and the IR lights up but i can't seem to connect to it. Is there a way to reset it? I tried the onvif device manager and it doesn't see it. Used my router to reserve it an IP and tried connecting to it in web browser and site can't be reached" error. Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks.ican.JPG