Help with moving BI & Cameras to a new PC

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to pickup a new computer and want to know the simplest way to transfer my BI settings... I have 4 Dahua cams and a indoor Hykamic cam. When I originally set these up a few years ago I struggled some but watched YouTube videos and asked a lot of questions here. I’m getting up in age and don’t really remember what procedures I had to do.

1. So what are my options? Is there a simple way?

2. Could someone give me a detailed step by step procedure what I do first from downloading Bi to adding the cameras?

2. When I download BI on the new computer do I immediately transfer the license?

3. I remember having to change the cameras IP address from 1 to 0 but don’t remember how I did it. Does this have to be done again?

4. I also remember having to do some sort of initialization, is this required again?

Thanks for any help in advance!

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I sure could use some help with whether I'll have to change the IP address from 1 to 0 again like when I first got the cameras? Also will initialization have to be done again and if yes what software to use for this?

Reaction score
Initialization of the cams would not need to be done. They are already initialized and that had nothing to do with BI.

3. I remember having to change the cameras IP address from 1 to 0 but don’t remember how I did it. Does this have to be done again?
No, that should not need to be done as long as the new PC is on the proper sub-net.

@wittaj and @Flintstone61 can you help this guy?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct the cameras are already initialized.

The best thing to do is to build BI from scratch and not export out the settings from the original and import into the new one. With 5 cameras it will be a quick setup.

If you do not have an active BI license, then make sure you don't load the most recent BI version or it will watermark evaluation and you will have to rollback.

Although not recommended, if you are scared something weird will happen, clone the existing C drive onto the drive in the new computer or pull it from the existing computer and pop it into the new computer.

You do run a risk of some driver incompatibility, but Windows usually resolves it.

If you don't do that, then make sure you de-activate/deregister your existing BI before you key the license in on the new computer.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys that's the info I was looking for. I originally was going to transfer the settings but I'll try doing it from scratch.

Yes I have an active license and a Basic Support Plan.

So I'll just download the V5 download their website and proceed from there making sure I de-activate the existing BI on old computer first. Thanks!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You can read about backing up the .reg file(s) here.
You can play around with importing, and if things get Wonky....you can set them( the cams) up manually

1727512002556.png