Hi from Alabama

ajmikola

n3wb
Reaction score
hello,
My name is alex. I am seeking advice. I have a really junky old night owl 720 system, ran the wires myself.
I have researching....alot.....for a new system.
I want to keep an eye on my house and the front street. Watch my kids, etc, etc.
I dont want a generic system, but i cant really afford a high end.
My budget is 800$ max.
Not afraid to run ethernet for PoE, i dont know about ip setup, but am a quick learner. The amount of stuff is daunting, i need a little help.
Thx

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Alex, welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of knowledge to read here and some very helpful people.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello,
My name is alex. I am seeking advice. I have a really junky old night owl 720 system, ran the wires myself.
I have researching....alot.....for a new system.
I want to keep an eye on my house and the front street. Watch my kids, etc, etc.
I dont want a generic system, but i cant really afford a high end.
My budget is 800$ max.
Not afraid to run ethernet for PoE, i dont know about ip setup, but am a quick learner. The amount of stuff is daunting, i need a little help.
Thx
Welcome @ajmikola

Take some time to review the Cliff Notes - lots of good information in there thanks to numerous members sharing the experience and knowledge.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.
Read study, plan before spending money. Plan plan plan

Stick with dahua, hikvision or ipct cameras. No Chinese hacked cameras.
No wifi
No cloud

For our side starlight , night fighter cameres