Hik 2032 getting signal loss and green screen frequently.

sirsoccerhead

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hik 2032 getting signal loss and green screen frequently. My other 3 cameras are doing just fine. 2 hiks 1 foscam.

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera has been doing this all day.... prior to now, it only happened once in awhile. I have five cameras. Four are Foscam with no issue and the one turning green is my Hikvision DS-2CD2012-I Outdoor HD 1.3MP IP Bullet Security Camera. I talked with their vendor and since its not turning green on the cameras own live view site, it has to be BI so they suggested I post here.
Driveway.20140623_084015.jpg

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
Stays green for 3-10 seconds then goes back to normal. I'm running v. 3.56.03

dalepa

Reaction score
My camera has been doing this all day.... prior to now, it only happened once in awhile. I have five cameras. Four are Foscam with no issue and the one turning green is my Hikvision DS-2CD2012-I Outdoor HD 1.3MP IP Bullet Security Camera. I talked with their vendor and since its not turning green on the cameras own live view site, it has to be BI so they suggested I post here.
View attachment 717
I've seen the same green effect sometimes on my Hik 2432. Not sure what's going on here... Some type of BI issue I think. I sometime disable/re-enable to or bring up the camera web page and change some image parameters and it goes way.

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
No one has yet to offer a suggestion... I have another brand new Hikvision doing the same thing off and on. This is just in BI. On the camera's webpage the live video is just fine.

Attachments

dalepa

Reaction score
I believe this is a network issue. Try replacing cables, and/or switches, etc..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm on BI 4 with auto-update so I don't think that link applies to me. So, you're saying that if my FPS is set to 10, I need to set my iFrame to 10 as well? I read somewhere else on this forum that iFrame rate should be double your framerate. Also, I have another Hikvision that isn't doing this and both have the same settings in the camera. I'll need to check in BI to see if they match there too. Also, when the video finally comes back, I get this.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, set it to match...and make the other changes as well.

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe this is a network issue. Try replacing cables, and/or switches, etc..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a wifi so no cable to replace. Wifi signal strength is near 80% at this location.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a wifi so no cable to replace. Wifi signal strength is near 80% at this location.
Wifi = problems particularly with high megapixel cameras...what is the bitrate set to? Try lowering it...Have you made the other suggested changes?

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. It seems to be cleared up using the settings I just posted. All the other things were already tried. The interesting thing was this was isolated to BI. The video was always fine in the Hikvision web viewer. Not getting steady video now according to the time stamps on the video. Seems to be skipping 3-5 secs now. My guess is something is now set too low.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. It seems to be cleared up using the settings I just posted. All the other things were already tried. The interesting thing was this was isolated to BI. The video was always fine in the Hikvision web viewer. Not getting steady video now according to the time stamps on the video. Seems to be skipping 3-5 secs now. My guess is something is now set too low.
Try upping your bitrate to 2048...
BI is sensitive to frame drops and thats what is happening here...the web viewer may simply keep the frame frozen so you dont notice it.

Aspiring Geek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Found this forum in my search for a solution to a similar problem with a Hik DS-2CD2155FWD-I (image attached).
As per fenderman's suggestions, have increased network buffer from 3.0 to 5.0 and have matched frame rate and i-Frame rate at 20 and BI at 25 (running 5.25.10 on Windows 10 x64).
6 cameras, all ethernet cabled POE, i7 CPU at circa 40% CPU usage. BI set to 25 fps (PAL). Two other identical cameras, and have noticed similar issue on one of those previously but not both - and not currently. Settings identical as far as I can ascertain.
Stripe not visible in Liveview (Camera GUI) through IE11, only on screen capture through BI.

Help/ideas welcome please.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Found this forum in my search for a solution to a similar problem with a Hik DS-2CD2155FWD-I (image attached).
As per fenderman's suggestions, have increased network buffer from 3.0 to 5.0 and have matched frame rate and i-Frame rate at 20 and BI at 25 (running 5.25.10 on Windows 10 x64).
6 cameras, all ethernet cabled POE, i7 CPU at circa 40% CPU usage. BI set to 25 fps (PAL). Two other identical cameras, and have noticed similar issue on one of those previously but not both - and not currently. Settings identical as far as I can ascertain.
Stripe not visible in Liveview (Camera GUI) through IE11, only on screen capture through BI.

Help/ideas welcome please.
Is the green there all the time or only for a few frames? Is your camera set to h264+ rather than h264? Being able to adjust the iframe interval indicates 264 but double check your settings. Frame rates and iframe interval rates need to be set in the camera.
Post your cameras settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for quick response.
Few frames only - one still image but not both in capture email.
Camera set to H265, but not H265+.
You have a very high bitrate. Try 4096 and see if that changes things. On a camera like that running that bitrate wastes recording space.