Hik 2032 vs 2632

dalepa

Reaction score
Timelapse is super easy in BI...

In the camera settings tab, Select: Continuous, and under Options, check the Alt/Timelapse framerate, and set the rate to 5 (or 1-10 etc...) sec.. This will record a frame every 5 seconds. I also select the "Combine or cut each: 1 hr"

An other question for @dalepa: How are you doing your timelapse? Did you automate their generation? What kind of software do you use?
Do you use some special codec settings?
Maybe that is your secret, however I'd like to offer people a nice Alpine timelapse, therefore I ask ...

Jacob

dalepa

Reaction score
Thank you very very much to all of you. This thread is awesome.
On alibaba there are a lot of sellers, i have a little bit of a bad feeling to get scammed or get a fake one, or China version whatsoever ...
Where did you buy yours? @dalepa: You said you got it for 180$. Where?

Jacob
I just received my new DeerCam Hik2032 Today for $108 HERE 4th purchase from them... Delivered in 10 days, awesome!

DearCam2032.20140420_111816_1.jpg

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice, thanks a lot. I think I am ready to go...

What is the BI (Browser Interface?)?
So am o right, that the cam is rendering the video?

I wonder why they all show 80° or 98° as the max FOV for the 2CD2632F-I on Aliexpress when the hikvision site says its 105.8° max FOV for the 2CD2632F-I ...

Im gonna do a project where I place two of them and then Stich them automaticly with opensource tools to provide a big alpine panorama... I will keep you updated.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice, thanks a lot. I think I am ready to go...

What is the BI (Browser Interface?)?
So am o right, that the cam is rendering the video?

I wonder why they all show 80° or 98° as the max FOV for the 2CD2632F-I on Aliexpress when the hikvision site says its 105.8° max FOV for the 2CD2632F-I ...

Im gonna do a project where I place two of them and then Stich them automaticly with opensource tools to provide a big alpine panorama... I will keep you updated.

BI = Blueiris http://www.blueirissoftware.com

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just received my new DeerCam Hik2032 Today for $108 HERE 4th purchase from them... Delivered in 10 days, awesome!
Thanks for the recommendation. Are their Hikvision cams chinese or english versions?

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same question as RDC :)

I sure hope they're English, as I just ordered one. It isn't disclosed that they're not English and I did not see any reviews stating that there was a language issue. So, knock on wood. Better not get stuck with either a language curve or a firmware issue. Knock on wood flashing firmware doesn't prevent future updates or more aggravation than it is worth. In that case I'll just learn Chinese ;)

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any issues with customs?

And, that sure does look like a lot of purple fringing in that image.
Did that happen out of the box, or did you apply some setting(s) to brighten up the shade?

dalepa

Reaction score
Any issues with customs?

And, that sure does look like a lot of purple fringing in that image.
Did that happen out of the box, or did you apply some setting(s) to brighten up the shade?
Dang, just noticed the purple fringing... Can't unsee that now... I've asked for a return.

Seller return policy:

"Buyer pays return shipping, or keep the product & agree refund with seller"

Not sure how the refund is going to work, but it appears that I may be able to keep the defective product and they will send another... We''ll see....

BTW: This is the English version...

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i contacted this seller to ask if its the chinese or english version. Their reply:

This model camera is the Chinese version of many languages

Attachments

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i replied explaining there are only 2 versions and how to check. Her reply:

"My store Hivision camera is Chinese version."

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dang, just noticed the purple fringing... Can't unsee that now... I've asked for a return.

Seller return policy:

"Buyer pays return shipping, or keep the product & agree refund with seller"

Not sure how the refund is going to work, but it appears that I may be able to keep the defective product and they will send another... We''ll see....

BTW: This is the English version...
Good to hear you have an English one.

Sorry about pointing out the purple fringing. It just really stood out to me. Generally speaking (non-surveillance) I know it is a side-effect of digital cameras, and it can be worse under some circumstances than others, depending sun/shade, light intensity, light angle, lens width, ... That's why I was a bit curious, plus worried as I have one on order.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i contacted this seller to ask if its the chinese or english version. Their reply:

This model camera is the Chinese version of many languages
Is/was the seller CCTV Camera?

And they're saying their shipped units are multi-language except English?

That's one heck of a little important detail they left out. If mine is non-English they'll be getting a little email from me, because they're selling them a] without disclosure that is is not English and b] show the English camera interface in the listing. G

I ordered one to try out and check out compatibility with my synology ( crossings fingers it will at least support one high resolution camera for recording, if I add more, I'll probably have to upgrade). My POE switch should be here soon. Now I'm crossing fingers for a non-purple English model.

... HIKvision of course couldn't have just left French/... out and included English instead for a worldwide model ;) Just kidding :)

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's tough because of the cost of shipping the cameras back to China with tracking. FedEx will likely charge you as much as you paid for the camera. USPS does have a lower cost solution, I believe about $46 for priority mail. You can do 1st class for less, but no tracking. China subsides the shipping to the U.S., unfortunately, our government does not the other way around. Cheaper to dump it on eBay.

Is that even really a Hikvision camera, because the image quality is pretty bad. I heard there's companies selling Hikvision clones now (nothing is sacred in China). I have one here that looks identical to a Hikvision, costs about half the price.

dalepa

Reaction score
Yep, the image is pretty bad... So this will be my 1st test of their return policy:

Returns accepted if product not as described, buyer pays return shipping; or keep the product agree refund with seller

I'm hoping for a $60+ discount on a replacement 2032, and I'll just keep the purple cam...

I'm also wondering if the power supply could cause a purple issue with this.... Im using a power supply that had issues before with another cam... Going to get some new PS's today...

It's tough because of the cost of shipping the cameras back to China with tracking. FedEx will likely charge you as much as you paid for the camera. USPS does have a lower cost solution, I believe about $46 for priority mail. You can do 1st class for less, but no tracking. China subsides the shipping to the U.S., unfortunately, our government does not the other way around. Cheaper to dump it on eBay.

Is that even really a Hikvision camera, because the image quality is pretty bad. I heard there's companies selling Hikvision clones now (nothing is sacred in China). I have one here that looks identical to a Hikvision, costs about half the price.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is/was the seller CCTV Camera?

And they're saying their shipped units are multi-language except English?

That's one heck of a little important detail they left out. If mine is non-English they'll be getting a little email from me, because they're selling them a] without disclosure that is is not English and b] show the English camera interface in the listing. G

I ordered one to try out and check out compatibility with my synology ( crossings fingers it will at least support one high resolution camera for recording, if I add more, I'll probably have to upgrade). My POE switch should be here soon. Now I'm crossing fingers for a non-purple English model.

... HIKvision of course couldn't have just left French/... out and included English instead for a worldwide model ;) Just kidding :)
NO. There are 2 version of this camera Chinese and English. Both have the multi language drop down option.
The ONLY difference from what i am aware (i haven't bought a Chinese version) is the day of the week in live view is in Chinese. Not really a big deal.

CCTV Camera are saying to me their Hikvision cameras are the Chinese versions however as you can read above Dalepa received a English version.

There appear to be 3 main reputable Hik dealers on Aliexpress. I contacted all 3. 2 said theirs were English versions. CCTV Cameras was the only one that said theirs were Chinese versions.

I prefer to buy in the US where possible as ive been through returns to China in the past however US dealers don't always have stock.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
NO. There are 2 version of this camera Chinese and English. Both have the multi language drop down option.
The ONLY difference from what i am aware (i haven't bought a Chinese version) is the day of the week in live view is in Chinese. Not really a big deal.

CCTV Camera are saying to me their Hikvision cameras are the Chinese versions however as you can read above Dalepa received a English version.

There appear to be 3 main reputable Hik dealers on Aliexpress. I contacted all 3. 2 said theirs were English versions. CCTV Cameras was the only one that said theirs were Chinese versions.

I prefer to buy in the US where possible as ive been through returns to China in the past however US dealers don't always have stock.
They charge a lot more too, don't get that shit, crooks.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

Well, from that screenshot it looked like it was in Chinese and couldn't be switched to English, making it look me like English was not included in whatever that was. Anyhow. I will see what I get. W

I know it is a gamble with DOA, issues, warranty. But between an English one for $180+ shipping and still only a 3 month warranty -vs- $108. I figured I'd take a chance. Helps buy the POE switch to test it out.

dalepa

Reaction score
Have you try to default the camera or force it into day mode and night mode ? I've never seen that purpleness before except when the IR cutter gets stuck, but then its all purple.

Ive tried several different setting changes...still see the purple in the upper left part of the image

still waiting for the return information...

dalepa

Reaction score
While the daytime has the purple haze, the nighttime image is much better than my 1st US Hik2032. Very little noise even with WDL set to 50.

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

Well, from that screenshot it looked like it was in Chinese and couldn't be switched to English, making it look me like English was not included in whatever that was. Anyhow. I will see what I get. W

I know it is a gamble with DOA, issues, warranty. But between an English one for $180+ shipping and still only a 3 month warranty -vs- $108. I figured I'd take a chance. Helps buy the POE switch to test it out.
Yes that screenshot Julia li from cctv sent doesn't help/confuses the issue. From all accounts it seems you will get a English version and Julia li is most likely wrong. That price difference is definately worth the risk. I usually factor in $50 for a return so you're well above that.

Dalepa - Keep us updated on the return communication/process. PS. i keep hoping one night your visitors forget the cameras are there let their guard down and arriving dancing or smoking a cigarette.

Last edited by a moderator: