Hik 2032 vs 2632

dalepa

Reaction score
Dalepa - Keep us updated on the return communication/process. PS. i keep hoping one night your visitors forget the cameras are there let their guard down and arriving dancing or smoking a cigarette.
After several exchanges with Julia li (the time difference is a problem, and I only got one message exchange a day) she finally agreed to give me a $30 discount on my next purchase. She offered to replace the 2032, but I would have to pay the return shipping which is over $80, so $30 is fair. I plan to get another Hikvision 2032 for $104 - $30 = $74 with free shipping. So I'll end up with 2 hikvision 2032 for $175 or $72 each.

So far, the ALI exchanges seem to work pretty good.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
After several exchanges with Julia li (the time difference is a problem, and I only got one message exchange a day) she finally agreed to give me a $30 discount on my next purchase. She offered to replace the 2032, but I would have to pay the return shipping which is over $80, so $30 is fair. I plan to get another Hikvision 2032 for $104 - $30 = $74 with free shipping. So I'll end up with 2 hikvision 2032 for $175 or $72 each.

So far, the ALI exchanges seem to work pretty good.

But one of them has problems no?

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, the first 2032 has a purple haze in the upper left and top of the image.

You mentioned in Post #48 that you received the English version but those photos you posted today show you have the Chinese version ????.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this version has multi-language support including English -- or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the Chinese version has multi-language support including English -- but the US version is different?

Yes. Both have multi-language including English.
You tell if its the Chinese version by going to live view. If the day of the week is in Chinese you have the Chinese version . Everything else is the same.
Even though dalepa has his set to English you can see Chinese writing on his screens above. English versions have no Chinese.
Hope this helps.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The difference between the USA version and the version made for the China market is there's a flag in the camera that does two things, it displays the day of week in the OSD in Chinese but I turn the day of week display off as it takes up too much screen real-estate, even on USA versions. The other thing is firmware checks the flag if you use the browser firmware update, but not with TFTP method. There's a 3rd type of camera that is made for the European markets that are in English, meaning the day of week displays in English. The problem is model and lens availability. For example, some cameras from Wrightwood are English and some are China, just depends on availability from distributors outside of China.

Nobody is allowed to resell Hikvision USA cameras except authorized distributors like ADI or TriEd to installers. So if you see an English version, don't assume it's the USA version unless it specifically says so. Also, you can hack the China camera to display the day of week in English.

dalepa

Reaction score
Is there any physical differences between the US and China cam, or are all the differences just firmware?

The difference between the USA version and the version made for the China market is there's a flag in the camera that does two things, it displays the day of week in the OSD in Chinese but I turn the day of week display off as it takes up too much screen real-estate, even on USA versions. The other thing is firmware checks the flag if you use the browser firmware update, but not with TFTP method. There's a 3rd type of camera that is made for the European markets that are in English, meaning the day of week displays in English. The problem is model and lens availability. For example, some cameras from Wrightwood are English and some are China, just depends on availability from distributors outside of China.

Nobody is allowed to resell Hikvision USA cameras except authorized distributors like ADI or TriEd to installers. So if you see an English version, don't assume it's the USA version unless it specifically says so. Also, you can hack the China camera to display the day of week in English.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My trial DS-2CD2031-I 4mm arrived.

Everything was in Chinese as far as sticker on the box, camera sticker & pamphlet. I panicked slightly.

Thanks to NCC I have it up and running using the mini cd. Dismissed at first as I didn't have anything handy to read it, and I typically never use any install discs anyhow. The downloaded version gave issues on laptop one, loaned an older laptop, mini-cd worked.

Mini CD was chinese & english. Once I found the camera on the network: English! :)
Camera did pull a local IP address on its own, by the way.
Live view doesn't say the day of the week and I'm not going to worry about changing that in settings (or such). Just the date is fine.

Initial trials seem okay.
Depending on settings there seems to be some lag between reality & what it shows on screen, when you pan the camera around.
Switches to night mode when you shove it in a drawer.
View off into the distance >100ft is fuzzy. Looking at a completely overcast sky & facing woods with pine branches moving in light wind.
Indoors, when it saw a textured ceiling, it seemed to constantly refocus & rebuild the pattern every few secs. Could be related to being an overcast day and limited light inside. Hope that won't be an issue once outdoors looking at the driveways ... as it could cause motion recording to be continuous rather when there's truly motion.

I'm pretty excited after the initial setup glitches.

Now I will have to paint the bugger, snake an ethernet cable from the basement through the attic to the eave, get the ladder out to mount it. Fun stuff. Hahaha.

And, I probably should run a second wire simultaneously in anticipation of a second camera going up there :cool:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
None at all. I have USA versions next to China versions, everything about them is the same.

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@davej: nice vid, thanks a lot!
@dalepa: This is what i got from the hikvision europe support:
Dear customer,
Indeed, we know the China version of our product is different on term of hardware and firmware.
That’s the only information which we have.
I am afraid that is the only answer which I can provide you about the china’s version
If the product has a china version you need to contact directly the distributor to have information about the FOV or other specifications
Regards

Lounis Ait arab

Technical Support Department

Europe B.V.
Add: Parellaan 24, Hoofddorp, 2132WS, The Netherlands.
Tel: +31(0)23 554 27 70 ext. 113
Fax: +31(0)23 5631112
e-mail: lounis.aitarab@hikvision.com

However, alle the aliexpress distributer say that differences are only firmware ...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

I downloaded your modified davinci.tar.gz even though I opened the one from my camera in a hex editor and changed it for fun. I am curious, if I tftp the english firmware onto the camera can I skip the hacked davinci.tar.gz and just basically convert my camera to an english version, and then do all future updates normally through the browser? Anyone got a link to the tftp method? I know how to do tftp I just want to know exactly how to do it with my chinese camera when it arrives. Of course I am contemplating just running it in Chinese and using chrome to translate it to english lol.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, once Chinese, always Chinese, it is its nationality since birth. Loading firmware of any nationality will not make a difference. If you compare the firmware files, the only difference is about 3 bytes that distinguishes the firmware's nationality.