Hik connecting DS-KB6003-WIP Wifi Door Cam to 7616NI-E2

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Whoops, I sent that last message to late. If it's working good I would leave it but if you ever decide to upgrade in the future you have to "step up" firmwares.

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
OK after fiddling with it for awhile this weekend, I've found that the 180726 firmware you sent me works the best so far, at least for my Uniden DB1. the 170731 firmware lacks the webserver and the 180515 wont keep a connection with my router for some reason. I haven't been able to upgrade to any firmwares later than that one. I dont know if Uniden blocks them or what. I've also noticed that between 170731 and 180515 the MAC address changes, so the device had to pick up a new IP address. Oh and my username was admin and my password was the one I set when I activated the device with the app. This is what I used for remote config with iVMS-4200, the webserver, and Blue Iris. Below is a screenshot of my Blue Iris config...

Thanks for all your help, I hope this info can help someone else.

Last edited:

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK after fiddling with it for awhile this weekend, I've found that the 180726 firmware you sent me works the best so far, at least for my Uniden DB1. the 170731 firmware lacks the webserver and the 180515 wont keep a connection with my router for some reason. I haven't been able to upgrade to any firmwares later than that one. I dont know if Uniden blocks them or what. I've also noticed that between 170731 and 180515 the MAC address changes, so the device had to pick up a new IP address. Oh and my username was admin and my password was the one I set when I activated the device with the app. This is what I used for remote config with iVMS-4200, the webserver, and Blue Iris. Below is a screenshot of my Blue Iris config...

I seem to have the same issues it seems, I have the same doorbell, and firmware 180515 running on it, I tried to upgrade the firmware to 180809 but it indeed doesn't seem to like that version and doesn't install it.

Where can I get that 180726 version? or anything newer that works best?

thanks,

Ron

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the link from Ryan on this post...

I believe you can downgrade it. Here's 7-26-18 if you want to give it a whirl: Box
This firmware was the most stable that I've used so far, but I just returned from a trip and realized that the device had gone offline shortly after I left. Upon rebooting it grabs an IP address that is not the one bound to it's MAC id and then reverts to 0.0.0.0 within 5 minutes. I'm wondering if it is overheating. We have had several 90-95 degree days here and it is warm to the touch.

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got the link from Ryan on this post...

This firmware was the most stable that I've used so far, but I just returned from a trip and realized that the device had gone offline shortly after I left. Upon rebooting it grabs an IP address that is not the one bound to it's MAC id and then reverts to 0.0.0.0 within 5 minutes. I'm wondering if it is overheating. We have had several 90-95 degree days here and it is warm to the touch.

That is interesting, of course heat can do that. Most controllers and CPUs nowadays have thermal protection and shut down. What I did notice is that if you connect to it frequently, with multiple connections it will disconnect (crash?).

For example, I built a webserver that pulls a still/snapshot from cameras every few seconds, also this doorbell. If I do that and also start streamin, via rstp, it will disconnect. same with connecting with the web interface, while doing "something else". It probably use "simple httpd" which has a tendency to do that.

I managed to get that firmware version on the doorbell, I found a link, googling the firmware version, it seems more stable then the older one. However, I can't find anything ONVIF, really.

Ron

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't see it with ONVIF device manager, but hikvision makes 2 Win apps that are useful. Look for SADPTool and iVMS-4200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is

VIS_28_H2_EN_STD_V1.4.62_180515_For6403.zip

or

DZ20180521_111_28_H2_EN_STD_V1.4.62_180809.zip

the latest firmware?

looking to get more than 12 FPS lock with this guy...

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
is

VIS_28_H2_EN_STD_V1.4.62_180515_For6403.zip

or

DZ20180521_111_28_H2_EN_STD_V1.4.62_180809.zip

the latest firmware?

looking to get more than 12 FPS lock with this guy...
I believe that the 6403 is a different model, but there is a 180515 for the 6003. I couldn't get any version after that to install on my Uniden model.

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe that the 6403 is a different model, but there is a 180515 for the 6003. I couldn't get any version after that to install on my Uniden model.
I found a 180809 version, that seems to be working by just "duckduckgo-ing" it (but I think you can find it with google too) (I have a Uniden U-Bell as well)

Ron

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a 180809 version, that seems to be working by just "duckduckgo-ing" it (but I think you can find it with google too) (I have a Uniden U-Bell as well)

Ron
I have the 180809 version from the Hikvision EU downloads page, but I was unable to get my device to take it. What process did you use to update the firmware?

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the 180809 version from the Hikvision EU downloads page, but I was unable to get my device to take it. What process did you use to update the firmware?
I used a blank FAT32 SD card, and copied the file on it, turned the bell off, inserted the SD card, and booted up the bell. It seems to run, but when I use the webinterface, the configuration seems to get messed up, so I downgraded to 180726 again (I am at work, so can't check the exact version now).

I am surprised that the webinterface and webcontrols is used, the web interface connects with firefox on Linux but the page layouts are messed up. (wonder why they didn't do that platform independent)

Ron

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have found the iVMS-4200 Program to be more useful than the web ui. If that firmware is more stable, I might try it.

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have found the iVMS-4200 Program to be more useful than the web ui. If that firmware is more stable, I might try it.

The firmware version I am using is 180726
the encoding version (??) = V1.0 180115
webversion: V4.8.51 171117
plugin version 3.0.6.6

I wonder why there are so many versions of different things.

Ron

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that's the same one I'm using too. I tried to update to 180809 via the microSD and it failed again.

orijonl

n3wb
Reaction score

OK, I have reverted back to firmware V1.4.61 Build 170731. This firmware has been the most stable with my network so far. Also I have found that I need to use iVMS-4200 to change the video output from PAL to NTSC or Blue Iris wont pick it up.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone got a Hikvision video intercom working on a desktop Mac? I've seen it working on a Windows laptop and I can see the live feed from the gate cam on my iMac but I can't interact with it to speak to my visitor or open the gate.

The sales guy who sold me the kit said it would work on MacOs but Hikvision now tell me it won't. I'm hoping someone out there knows different.

PS. Am I supposed to be able to view my gate station camera when I try logging into it via my web browser? I get nada.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone got a Hikvision video intercom working on a desktop Mac? I've seen it working on a Windows laptop and I can see the live feed from the gate cam on my iMac but I can't interact with it to speak to my visitor or open the gate.

The sales guy who sold me the kit said it would work on MacOs but Hikvision now tell me it won't. I'm hoping someone out there knows different.

PS. Am I supposed to be able to view my gate station camera when I try logging into it via my web browser? I get nada.
Try using IVMS-4200 for Mac

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are the chances your sitting at your Mac when you get a visitor anyways? Maybe connect the camera to the platform access, and use the hik-connect app on your phone