Hik connecting DS-KB6003-WIP Wifi Door Cam to 7616NI-E2

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have also noticed the video to be much better from an NVR vs direct. Has anyone had an issue with the IP address changing on the doorbell cam? I have installed 2 of these now, and the IP address changes every night. Yes I have disabled dhcp, and to correct it I setup ip reservation in my router. However, I’m not able to do that at my other installation. That router doesn’t support ip reservation... so now the camera keeps dropping off from the NVR!

lordzhon

n3wb
Reaction score
The verification code is beside the QR code. You have to open the front cover to see the QR code and verification code.
Ive also just installed the Hikvision wifi doorbell and am trying to login via the web app on its local IP address as I am keen to set it up to use ONVIF to record. However I cannot work out the login details. I have tried u/n as Admin
and for the password have tried: admin, password, 1234, 12345, ABCDE, the password setup during registration of the app, and am getting nowhere!! Any one have some guidance on the correct login username and password for the web app (and some guidance on how to connect it via ONVIF to a DVR). I guess I need to connect via port 554, 80 or 8000?

Mr-C

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I found the issue was nothing to do with the app. Apparently it seems if you set the camera up with the old firmware and upgrade to the latest firmware it doesnt adopt your password.
So, reset the doorbell to factory and reinstall it. On setting up with the new firmware (via web browser) you will be asked to set a new password for the camera to access the settings via browser (which provides additional
settings to the app). Still havent managed to connect remotely other than via the app though...

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Odd... I have installed 2 of these now, both times I used the app to setup initially and after updating the firmware it always kept my original admin password

Sarck

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody had had issues setting this doorbell up to work on an android device, specifically the Samsung s8?
I've installed, setup and updated filmware correctly but the blasted thing will not ring through via hik connect on my phone...
I'm getting motion notifications no problem and notifications to tell me I've missed a call but no rininging with 2way audio.
I've tested it on a iPhone and it works perfectly everytime but when setting it up on my phone it's always the same issue!!

Reaction score
Subscribed.......need help also.....Nelly's version of doorbell changes IP addresses.....DHCP off. Address reservation isn't helping....

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Subscribed.......need help also.....Nelly's version of doorbell changes IP addresses.....DHCP off. Address reservation isn't helping....
Same here. IP reservation works on my ASUS router, but does not work on a customers netgear router. I still don’t understand why the IP address changes every 24 hours... maybe it’s meant as a security measure

wayguk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ,
I,ve eventually succesfully connected the hikvision doorbell with a chime and NVR. I also used hikconnect to manage and response to the doorbell.
But when I share the hikvision doorbell witrgh another account, the alarms do not seem to work.
Did anyone have the same problem? Only the hik connect account through which the doorbell was registered seem to react to alarms.

This is regarding the ds-kb003
Hi,

Would you be so kind as to explain how I go about setting up the doorbell and existing Hikvision NVR to enable the NVR to record the video from doorbell?

Regards,
Colin

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Would you be so kind as to explain how I go about setting up the doorbell and existing Hikvision NVR to enable the NVR to record the video from doorbell?

Regards,
Colin
Use either the hik-connect app, or iVMS-4500 app to determine what IP address the doorbell cam has. Then, log into the NVR and add another camera using that IP address

wayguk

n3wb
Reaction score
Use either the hik-connect app, or iVMS-4500 app to determine what IP address the doorbell cam has. Then, log into the NVR and add another camera using that IP address
I found the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address for the camera. I can log into the webserver directly, so it is definitely working, and I can see the camera video via the hikconnect app. However when I add the ip to my nvr I am either getting user password error or something else. can you confirm with protocol I should be selecting please? hikvision of onvif or another?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Is anyone using this with Blue Iris and is NOT HAVING THE IP ADDRESS CHANGE????

IF SO CAN YOU SHARE are you using address reservation? DHCP off or is there another trick?????
See attached file.

I found the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address for the camera. I can log into the webserver directly, so it is definitely working, and I can see the camera video via the hikconnect app. However when I add the ip to my nvr I am either getting user password error or something else. can you confirm with protocol I should be selecting please? hikvision of onvif or another?
In most cases you'll use the ONVIF protocol but if it's a Hikvision NVR you can probably use the Hik protocol. If that doesn't work try ONVIF. Did you put in the password you created when first setting up the doorbell when adding the IP address to the NVR?

Attachments

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the doorbell ring through the vsm app? The hik app seems like crap

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@suzukifd Are you referring to the iVMS-4500 app? As far as I know the doorbell notifications don't work through it, only Hik-Connect. What issues are you having with Hik-Connect?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey there. I have the RCA version of this, and when I set it up via the HIKVision app it never asked for a password or anything like that. Is there a way to get the password again so I can log into the doorbell?

EDIT: Reflashed firmware from the SD card and suddenly it works.

Last edited:

denisl

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed the RCA version as well and cannot connect to the web interface (http://192.168.1.xx). When I did the setup with the QR code I don't recall setting any password other than the one for my newly registered account for the app. Has anyone connected to the camera via the web url?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Try admin + verification code for the default password if you didn't see the prompt during setup. For example: If your verification code is ABCXYZ...

The default password will be adminABCXYZ.

Note: The very last step of the setup process is where it prompts you to create the default password, most people miss it. If the default password I mentioned above doesn't work reset the doorbell by holding the button for 15-30 seconds and then go through the setup slowly. At the very end you should see the option to create the password. If not, upgrade it (using the upgrade option in the app) and try again.