Hikvis DS-7608N-E2/8P - Bricked after firmware update

hitesh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

made a bit more progress,

i used the firmware V3.0.8 build140825 Multi-lingual and used hiktools05r1 to change the language. Its now finally english, however the device thinks its a DS-7116n-sn ( according to the config menu on the nvr) i also cant see any of the cameras

im guessing i now need to change it to a DS-7608N-E2/8P.

please can you also confirm what the default password is once flashed?

Thanks

hitesh

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so the NVR has been unbricked. That's good.
When you log in via the web GUI, what model does the system information show?
The 3.0.5 and 3.0.8 firmware should have a 'telnet enable' option in the menus - I forget exactly where, under network I think.
If you enable telnet, and log in with PuTTY or similar as 'root' with your admin password, what does
cat /proc/hkvs/bootpara
show?

Hi
When i log onto the gui web page (192.168.1.2) the model is shown as DS-7116N-SN
sorry, but i do not know what you mean but the rest of the comments

when logged directly onto the nvr
the model is DS-7116N-SN
firmware v3.0.8 build 140825
encoding version v5.0 build 140816

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry, but i do not know what you mean but the rest of the comments
If you can find the option in the web GUI to enable telnet access, then at the telnet prompt:
You will need a program that can do telnet. Windows can, but you have to enable it as on option. PuTTY is a popular program that can do telnet, SSH and more.
Then the command
cat /proc/hkvs/bootpara
will give you the hardware information about the NVR.
It's strange that it now appears as a 7116N-SN
I'm wondering if the seller has messed with it to make it appear as a different model.

hitesh

n3wb
Reaction score
Easy one to work out if it's a 7116 or 7608: What colour is the NVR?
Hi the box is black. Just a thought I can use Google translate to help me identify the model , there is some text on the right hand side

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi the box is black. Just a thought I can use Google translate to help me identify the model , there is some text on the right hand side
It's not a 7116 then. The text with model number is in English, the other text says Hikvision in Chinese.

hitesh

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not a 7116 then. The text with model number is in English, the other text says Hikvision in Chinese.

Hi All

the supplier where i purchased the nvr finally got back to me today, he providedme with a firmware update. According to the device info page its

Model DS-7608N-E2/8P
Firmware 3.3.4 Build 150616

It does not solve the TLS encryption issue, however I’m glad that it’s now inworking order.

Thanks to Del Boy and Alastairstevenson

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All

the supplier where i purchased the nvr finally got back to me today, he providedme with a firmware update. According to the device info page its

Model DS-7608N-E2/8P
Firmware 3.3.4 Build 150616

It does not solve the TLS encryption issue, however I’m glad that it’s now inworking order.

Thanks to Del Boy and Alastairstevenson
Please share to help people with same issue later.

Warwick

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested with my DS-7616N-E2/8P but failed,now can't find ip address on SADP.
please find attached the tools i used resotre my hikvision NVR
attached you will find
1. Hiktools
2. TFTP
3. Firmware for DS-7608-E2/8P (V3.4.6 BUILD 160405) In english

Reaction score
Hi Hitesh, have you tried the V3.4.8 firmware on your NVR yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Hitesh, have you tried the V3.4.8 firmware on your NVR yet?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thanks for all your help,
According to the setting page, its a DS-7608N-E2/8P
[h=2][FONT=微软雅黑]I so far have downloaded the firmware as suggested by Del Boy DS-78、79N-EX系列支持萤石云程序包[/FONT][/h]Thie firmware is from the Chinese Hikvision site
You might want to change your EZVIZ 6 digit password, just in case, since you posted it on that picture.

BigCaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Any luck with the V3.4.8 firmware? I have the same system and I'll let you be the guinea pig. :)

BigCaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
please find attached the tools i used resotre my hikvision NVR
attached you will find
1. Hiktools
2. TFTP
3. Firmware for DS-7608-E2/8P (V3.4.6 BUILD 160405) In english

Awesome. This worked perfectly for my 7608N Everything is working great. Thanks.

ilikevubu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I need help.

Ran into same problem as OP. Bought DS-7608N-E2/8P on eBay, mistakenly for DS-7608NI-E2/8P and upgrade the firmware using DS-7608NI-E2/8P firmware.
Now it boot, beep, reboot.
Tried using the the hitesh files. Started the TFTP server but it stuck at "TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized". The NVR continues to boot, beep, reboot without getting the firmware from the TFTP.

Help, I'm stuck.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
upgrade the firmware using DS-7608NI-E2/8P firmware.
What was the source of the firmware?
Do you have a note of the serial number of the NVR?

"TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized".
When you started tftpserve.exe did you get a Windows pop-up about Windows firewall blocking parts of the program? Clicking OK is required to allow inbound access to the program.
Just to be sure, check your Windows firewall shows inbound allow rules for tftpserve.exe

Also - the PC should be on a wired, not wireless connection, with the PC and NVR wired as normal to the LAN.

BigCaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Its been a few months but I don't think you use the Hitesh files until it's up and running in Chinese. Make sure you completely shut it down after running the TFTP software.

ilikevubu

n3wb
Reaction score
What was the source of the firmware?
Do you have a note of the serial number of the NVR?

When you started tftpserve.exe did you get a Windows pop-up about Windows firewall blocking parts of the program? Clicking OK is required to allow inbound access to the program.
Just to be sure, check your Windows firewall shows inbound allow rules for tftpserve.exe

Also - the PC should be on a wired, not wireless connection, with the PC and NVR wired as normal to the LAN.
@ work. I have to get home for the serial #. The seller just sent me a firmware.
It is a wired connection directly from PC to NVR. OK on the firewall pop up window.
I tried PC. I tried laptop. Both stuck at "TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized".
The problem is the TFTP is not connecting with the NVR. It seems there's not enough time for the connection before it's reboot.

Its been a few months but I don't think you use the Hitesh files until it's up and running in Chinese. Make sure you completely shut it down after running the TFTP software.
I tried the Chinese firmware also. The problem is the TFTP is not connecting with the NVR. It seems there's not enough time for the connection before it's reboot.

BigCaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
ok. I see. You may want to disconnect the drives and all the cameras from the NVR.