Hikvision 2XXX English (multi language) 5.2 firmware - need way to modify it

bullngator

n3wb
Reaction score
Regretting upgrading a few of my cams to 5.2 vs. incremental update to 5.1.6 and not happy the GUI blocks me from downgrading (lesson learned).

Based on research I should be able to revert to 5.1.6 via TFTP? Posts on here indicate I can do so via existing POE switch vs pulling cameras down and powering locally + direct connecting via ethernet to pc.

Can I do this on my existing managed switch which has 12 other hik cams or do I need to isolate?

Thanks in advance for feedback as I hate to pull down the cameras I just installed to make this change!

-Brian

lingnau

n3wb
Reaction score
Regretting upgrading a few of my cams to 5.2 vs. incremental update to 5.1.6 and not happy the GUI blocks me from downgrading (lesson learned).
Based on research I should be able to revert to 5.1.6 via TFTP? Posts on here indicate I can do so via existing POE switch vs pulling cameras down and powering locally + direct connecting via ethernet to pc.
Can I do this on my existing managed switch which has 12 other hik cams or do I need to isolate?
Thanks in advance for feedback as I hate to pull down the cameras I just installed to make this change!
-Brian
Once you have the recovery software running on a PC on the same subnet with the correct IP address and the firmware image you want to apply, you can power them off and then on one at a time, each on of them will then download the file from the TFTP and apply the older firmware. The problem is they will only correctly power on after the update if the software is then closed, otherwise they will endlessly apply the firmware from the recovery tftp.

bullngator

n3wb
Reaction score
I completed the update for one cam using the tool and closed the program after it was complete. I am now unable to locate the camera on the network. Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its probably back at the default 192.0.0.64 use sadp to change it..also make sure you put your pc back to obtain ip address automatically...

bullngator

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I tried those steps w/o success. I recall reading about a reset button on these cameras. Would that help and if so whats do I unplug the network cable, hold the button down and plug the network cable back in?

bullngator

n3wb
Reaction score
Disregard. I unplugged the port to power cycle the camera and it came back up allowing me to update the IP. Thanks!

mbwdekeijzer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
finally I get my cam back to multi in stead of chineese.
but the osd is still chinees can I change that.

adderllyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I got the 5.2 multi language firmware from my dealer for 2xxx cameras (I have 2332) Chinese version from Hikvision which installed fine over previous firmware (I have 5.1.6) and its in FULL English. I don't think this is released for the general public. Unfortunately, before I got this firmware I upgraded a few of my cameras with the 5.2 from Hikvision website which defaulted to Chinese and no way to change it (easily).
I am willing to share this firmware but I need someone to let me know how to modify the firmware so it can be installed OVER a previous 5.2 Chinese installation. When I try it comes up with an error.
Oh, I haven't tried using TFTP but its a hassle as the cameras are installed in inaccessible areas and I don't have a POE injector so attaching them directly to reprogram is going to be a pain. I would much rather an installable file that works through the web interface.
Thx
can you share your multi language firmware with me? thansk

ysmforum

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not work for the last build version after 2014-Oct, like 5.2.3_141024

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, have this cam (2015-01, inside was 5.2.3), flashed via TFTP and nothing :-(

titanmanus

n3wb
Reaction score
@lingnau , @soupratt thank you both. It seems that is what I exactly need, also have a DS2CD2132-I. I had also 5.2 multilang, then tried to upgrade to 5.3 but failed with language mismatch. Then TFTP-ed back to 5.20 but this is fully Chinese.
Lingnau did you used TFTP to upgrade to this Raptor_2_520_f_10_14_c.dav or admin web surface updating also be good? thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

lingnau

n3wb
Reaction score
@lingnau , @soupratt thank you both. It seems that is what I exactly need, also have a DS2CD2132-I. I had also 5.2 multilang, then tried to upgrade to 5.3 but failed with language mismatch. Then TFTP-ed back to 5.20 but this is fully Chinese.
Lingnau did you used TFTP to upgrade to this Raptor_2_520_f_10_14_c.dav or admin web surface updating also be good? thank you
Hello @titanmanus

I've actually never used web surface updating, only TFTP/recovery update.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the firmware 5.1.6 in my signature below then your camera will be fully English