Hikvision 3.3.4 firmware

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please stop stalking me on the forum. You need more help than I do.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you didn't post the spam the same thing in multiple threads then you'd be easier to avoid. But thanks for making a good example of the perils of updating with the wrong firmware especially after being told that it will brick your NVR.

Bye!

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like an administrator to go through and look at the harassment I have received from DEL BOY on this forum for no apparent reason so they may evaluate if
he is perhaps operating here outside of the conduct guidelines of the forum.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sure one will be along in a minute. Maybe they'll tell you it's not good forum etiquette to call someone an idiot for recommending you don't brick your NVR and then realise you needed their help to unbrick it later. Actually that's got nothing to do with forum etiquette, only a real idiot would do that.

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/forum_etiquette.asp

Check out the following bits especially:

Do Stay On Topic. Many people use forums for knowledge gathering as well as social interactions. Forum posts and threads can be read by hundreds or thousands of users, and as such it's important to read the topic of a particular discussion and keep your posts related to that topic. If you are looking for general chat and comments, look in the forums for an off-topic discussion area. OK this one is optional around here but not when spamming multiple threads.

Don't Double Post. When using Internet forums it annoys other users when you post the same message more than once, in more than on discussion thread. If you make a post and no one replies, then leave it at that. Reposting the same message or slightly edited versions of the same message will not earn you any respect from other forum users, and in fact it may earn you warnings from the moderator.

Do Search Before Posting. Before posting a question or asking for help on a particular topic, do use the forum search option to make sure this question has not already been asked and answered by other users. Even if your question does not appear in the thread list, it may still be available as an archived topic in the forum.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does it feel good? Are you enjoying how your mind is at this moment?

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was able to use HIKTOOK.exe and tftp server to dial back the firmware.... Hopefully find a tried and true upgrade path here for this older unit... :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Was able to use HIKTOOK.exe and tftp server to dial back the firmware.... Hopefully find a tried and true upgrade path here for this older unit... :)
Well done for getting it back into a working state.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you Penhead.

Thought I would share that as I read that the newer firmware would lock out downgrades, though for whatever reason if you brick your older NVR like myself you have pretty
smooth avenue back... little letdown as I was kinda psyched about getting out my serial cable though :)

Any idea how the US firmware GUI compares with what the Europeans/Chinese have? There a way to use the Euro firmware on US machine?

Last edited by a moderator:

Penhead

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Penhead.

Thought I would share that as I read that the newer firmware would lock out downgrades, though for whatever reason if you brick your older NVR like myself you have pretty
smooth avenue back... little letdown as I was kinda psyched about getting out my serial cable though :)

Any idea how the US firmware GUI compares with what the Europeans/Chinese have? There a way to use the Euro firmware on US machine?
It supports virtual host, 2.3.10 did also. It still has the same look, not the 3.X style the newer ones have.

I stick with US releases since my box is legit, don't need another paper weight.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Appreciate the pointer. Will just stick with 2.3.11. Any reason Euro/ML so many releases ahead of US? Can't imagine its a larger market?

Cheers,