Seadog73

n3wb
Reaction score
Is me replacing from mtd5 and 6 OK?

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can i somehow download the mtd files from my camera that have english language and put it in to my other camera with chinese language?
there both the [h=1]DS-2CD2132F-IS[/h]model.

thank you
It's not a good idea as each file is different, serial numbers and mac address

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
@Seadog73 - if you really are going to do this - make the same changes on both mtdblock5 and mtdblock6. Don't use a different location on mtdblock6 to balance the region change - use part of the MAC address as you have done on mtdblock5.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In your mtdblock6 you show changing byte 0x1E - that's part of the 'unique code' not part of the MAC address, which is being changed in mtdblock5. For consistency change byte 0x36 in mtdblock6

Seadog73

n3wb
Reaction score
but it's the same problem again.

the camera did not boot.

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera must have booted or you would not of got the mtd files from it. Unless you were doing the boot mtd recovery
SADP would have shown you were in min-system.

Seadog73

n3wb
Reaction score
what does that mean exactly?
What can i do now?

Dirk

can everybody help me. For example with an Teamviewer Session.

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,
Maybe I am confused. I completed the changes shown in the attached images on the first post, 02 to 01 and 56 to 57 in mtdblock5 and 02 to 01, 57 to 58 in mtdblock6. The checksums matched, and I used cat to write the contents back to the respective device files and rebooted successfully. Is that all there is to it?

My two Chinese 5.2.5 cams I did this to already reported language 1 in prtHardInfo, but the mtd files had the 02 and now they're staying 01. What does that say?

Am I safe to load USA firmware now?

Thanks for sure!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cams I did this to already reported language 1 in prtHardInfo, but the mtd files had the 02 and now they're staying 01. What does that say?
That probably means they were Chinese region cameras (Language=02) but with seller-installed firmware that made the cameras appear to be English (Language=01).
What you now have is cameras where Language=01 in the 'hardware descriptor block' segment of the flash memory.
What difference are you looking for by loading 'USA firmware' when the menus are English?

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I see the USA firmware is not needed unless I wish to load a language 1 file on it.Ultimately I wish to downgrade to 5.1.6, preferably through the Web interface (the cams are 600 to 900 feet away, on the cameras that will do it. I have some 5.2.0 2032s and some 5.2.5 2332s. So far it seems I have to TFTP to 5.1.6 from 5.2.0. Will the 5.2.5s go back with TFTP also?

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
If you update the camera you have to use Chinese firmware, with the region changed on the firmware with hiktools
to region 1.
Why is this if the USA/China firmwares are the same except the language digit?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There not the same the later cn firmwares have no English language files, this is one of the issues in 5.30

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK I see the USA firmware is not needed unless I wish to load a language 1 file on it.Ultimately I wish to downgrade to 5.1.6, preferably through the Web interface (the cams are 600 to 900 feet away, on the cameras that will do it. I have some 5.2.0 2032s and some 5.2.5 2332s. So far it seems I have to TFTP to 5.1.6 from 5.2.0. Will the 5.2.5s go back with TFTP also?
No the 5.25 won't go back, but I'm working on it at the moment, there's a lot to change to get the 5.16 ghost firmware to work

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
No the 5.25 won't go back, but I'm working on it at the moment, there's a lot to change to get the 5.16 ghost firmware to work
Oh OK good to know. The US 5.1.6 is the same as China 5.1.6 from your Dropbox just flip the language with hiktools?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 5.16 I did was a freedom release, one firmware all 2cdxxxx camera's (until 5.2.5)

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision's TFTP process was new to me, I'm a Mac guy, AND the two cameras I did are 900 feet away. It was easier than expected. I used VirtualBox with XP, and Hikvision's SADP, Batch Configurator, and TFTP Auto Update utilities. I left everything plugged in the way it was, changed my XP IP, changed the camera IP with SADP, ran TFTP on XP, used Batch Configurator to reboot the camera, the TFTP happened and the camera rebooted. I figured all was well, but it came back with v4.0x Min System. I found the camera was still searching for TFTP when I rebooted it with Batch Configurator, so I ran TFTP again and re-flashed. Still Min System. After some time I realized power cycling the camera made it then boot the new flash as long as it's the proper one. I used the Chinese 5.1.6 from @whoislooking Dropbox with the language flipped by hiktools. One cam is Unbranded USA model from Nelly's and other is China model region changed by CBX. Both were 5.2.0 before.