Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

donnexx

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guy can anyone send me a link to download the tftp tool . please

slav

n3wb
Reaction score
What model and what firmware are you on? If it's one of the newer firmwares, this tool no longer works. You have to download the latest SADP tools which allows you to export an XML file which you have to send to Hikvision and they send you one back that you have to import. I had to go through this process for the first time today. If you need any more info, I think I have the documents they sent me. Hopefully someone will come up with a way to decrypt the new method :p
Hi, thanks. Yes it is new one. Problem is that when you are sending xml file to them you cant turn off device. And you must wait for answer. And I am in work and cant leave buzzing the NVR thanks to that small buzz device, which cant be turned off withou menu....

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The reset procedure with the tool here doe not work on my DS-7616NI-E2/A NVR.
so,i guess i will have to go through the xml procedure.

stupid strong passwords.

Is there a way to set the level of the required password ? To leave it at 12345 is not too save if the network is ever compromised.

Reaction score
Hi All!
Thanks for the important info provided in this thread.

I face the following issue with my camera.
I tried to change my admin password and set it to camera67, but unfortunately my keyboard was on Greek language and set the password ψαμερα67!!!!

The problem is that now I can't login neither with camera67 nor with ψαρεμα67. The reset password didn't work.
Could someone help? I have a new model of chinese camera with the following details:
model: DS-2CD3335-I
firmware: V5.3.3build 150624
serial: DS-2CD3335-I20151020AACH547487578

I also have the QR code included in the box which resolves to www.ys7.com(and something like serial number concatenated).

Probably my camera doesn't have a reset button. I didn't see it when installed, now it is on the roof to recheck!

Thanks a lot

Reaction score
Update: So Finally restored my password!!!

I used the serial number as it is with the model prefix.
The security code didn't work with SADP.
The security code worked with iVMS-4200!!

The password was reset to 12345 instead of 123456789abc

SteveJ3333

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help - I have just received a Mini Dome PTZ Camera. Am trying to log into it but usual default password 12345 does not work.
Does anyone know hat the default passwd for the newer cameras is? I tried 123456789abc

SteveJ3333

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, tried 12345abc, still not accepted. Manual says it comes without password and needs activating, but just goes to normal log in screen, with User and Password.

SteveJ3333

n3wb
Reaction score
admin / admin not working either. Have Tried the Tool on this thread, still no joy. And the guy I bought it from is now on holiday til the 14th Feb. How frustrating.

SteveJ3333

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, its Chinese, I bought it from same guy I bought the last three cameras (different models to this one), they all came with password 12345 and had to change them to Strong passwords. No option on this one. This one shows a firmware of V5.3.9 150910. Cant even find this version on Hikvision site.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using SADP tools 3.0.0.2, where do you insert the security code you get from from running the password resetter tool.

Or should I be using other version SADP tool, and if so, where does the security code go?

Thanks.

SteveJ3333

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally got an email back from the seller, and password was abc12345. I also got a reply from Hikvision Support (I know, I was surprised) with the file to unlock the password.
Thanks Everyone for the help.
Abacojack - In SADP, click "forgotten password" and enter the security code in the box in Step 2.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally got an email back from the seller, and password was abc12345. I also got a reply from Hikvision Support (I know, I was surprised) with the file to unlock the password.
Thanks Everyone for the help.
Abacojack - In SADP, click "forgotten password" and enter the security code in the box in Step 2.
Thank for the response, but attached is the only thing I see when in SADP3.0.0.2, and I have never been able to find a ""Forgotten Password" option....
And placing various codes from the Password re-setter tool (using the serial number including and not including model number) into the "Admin Password" box only gives a "Device Rejected" message.

Any...and all help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank for the response, but attached is the only thing I see when in SADP3.0.0.2, and I have never been able to find a ""Forgotten Password" option....
And placing various codes from the Password re-setter tool (using the serial number including and not including model number) into the "Admin Password" box only gives a "Device Rejected" message.

Any...and all help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
I think in the newer SADP versions you might have to double click the device's row or something. I'm not sure. Try this version: http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/USA/Tools/SADPT V2.2.3.6.zip

It is also possible that your device's firmware is too new, and no longer supports this older password reset procedure.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think in the newer SADP versions you might have to double click the device's row or something. I'm not sure. Try this version: http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/USA/Tools/SADPT V2.2.3.6.zip

It is also possible that your device's firmware is too new, and no longer supports this older password reset procedure.

Thank you VERY much bp2008, for getting back with me. I will go to 2.2.3.6 and try, and think I have a CD with 2.2.3.2 which I'll also try.

Where do I find the place to insert the generated security code? (Sorry for such a dumb question.)

Really frustrated as I was so looking forward to getting a better image than my previous system and it was working, then to have this happen.

If none of these versions work.....is there ANYTHING else I can try to get the camera back?

Thanks again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you VERY much bp2008, for getting back with me. I will go to 2.2.3.6 and try, and think I have a CD with 2.2.3.2 which I'll also try.

Where do I find the place to insert the generated security code? (Sorry for such a dumb question.)

Really frustrated as I was so looking forward to getting a better image than my previous system and it was working, then to have this happen.

If none of these versions work.....is there ANYTHING else I can try to get the camera back?

Thanks again.

^^^ right there

If your device is too new for this procedure, you will have to contact the seller or hikvision themselves, as outlined here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/password-recovery-hikvision-products-cristian-sas

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 3.x version of SADP, click the 'Forgot password' link bottom right to bring up the 'export / import' dialogue box.

Abacojack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Appreciate the suggestion, but that brings up the box after you have received a code from Hikvision which I thought was different from where to put the code generated from the Password Resetter Routine....
Are you saying that they are the same?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I thought you were looking for the place to apply the code that you'd get back from Hikvision under their new security regime when you've forgotten the password.