Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

keypal

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the new default password for cameras from China with version 5.3.3build150803!!
regards

Gourmet56

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks BP2008. This helped me out of a jam on a holiday weekend when there's no tech support anywhere.

Gourmet56

kbarb

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone trying to use the Hikvision Camera password Reset Utility made by bp2008, you need to use the date that you get from HikVision's SADP tool, not the current date. Mine was 1970/1/1.

Also, use the full serial number, at least that's what worked for my new Hikvision DS-2CD2135-I camera (and today is 12/3/2015 so the tool still seems to work).

After that, when I went to login using a browser and the camera's IP, the password I entered became the new password.
In other words, the password was reset to blank, but it was required that I create a new password to enter the camera's management pages.

Dzony

n3wb
Reaction score
So, where I can find the right date? I cant see any date in SADP? :(

johnsobhy

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to reset password for Hikvision NVR DS-7608N-E2 Below details as shown on the SADP v.2.2.3.6 build20150428
SN:
DS-7608N-E2/8P0820151010AARR547075810WCVU
Start time: 2015-12-08 17:47:14
don't know if this is relevant, the exported .xml file to send to Hikvision and then they send a file back, has this code "AwAAADU0NzA3NTgxMJO5nxI="
I have tried everything i could nothing is working can someone help? i am monitoring this thread to find a solution and will answer v.quiq

Last edited by a moderator:

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to use SADP to send the file back to the device.

The device checks that this file is signed by Hikvision and should reset password. If that's not working do the process again and make sure you don't restart the device between exporting and importing

johnsobhy

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to use SADP to send the file back to the device.

The device checks that this file is signed by Hikvision and should reset password. If that's not working do the process again and make sure you don't restart the device between exporting and importing
I don't have a signed file from hikvision. i am not sure what is the correct code and how to put it in a file signd by hikvision.
Can you please add more details. i am a dispirit Noobi :sad:

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood and thought you'd already got the file you need back from Hikvision.

If that's not possible, you could try using TFTP to reload the firmware on your device which might reset the configuration (and password). Not all newer devices will reset the configuration even with TFTP, and if the device has hacked firmware to make it English/multi language then you might end up with a device in Chinese.

johnsobhy

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I misunderstood and thought you'd already got the file you need back from Hikvision.

If that's not possible, you could try using TFTP to reload the firmware on your device which might reset the configuration (and password). Not all newer devices will reset the configuration even with TFTP, and if the device has hacked firmware to make it English/multi language then you might end up with a device in Chinese.
The device is brand new just arrived. I went through the wizard in the bigenning and configured the basic stuff and the admin password and then it won't accept the password again and i m sure it was correct...
I assume it is the chines version cos i bought it from ebay and arrived with chines manual and cds but yes it has English in it, not sure if it is hacked or not... don't know what is TFTP but it doesn't sound safe if it will turn the NVR to chines...

VincentLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,

I bought a wifi camera in China for a trial :DS-2CD2032F-IW
I have changed the password at the beginning but I have never successed to log in (wrong password) so I need to reset it.

*I m in contact with the china sellor for 3 weeks but he doesn t understand : he has sent me the process to reset password (good!). I provided him all information serial number DS-2CD2032F-IW2015093*******, start sate : 2004-01-25 12:40:38, Firmware version : V5.0,build 150327, provide him too the Device key exported from SADP but he didn t send me the new device key (to be imported in SADP) in order to close the reset password process...

*I have contacted too HIKVISION support but they don t managed as it s a product bought in China.

Could you please help me?

I thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Vincent

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I bought a wifi camera in China for a trial :DS-2CD2032F-IW
I have changed the password at the beginning but I have never successed to log in (wrong password) so I need to reset it.

*I m in contact with the china sellor for 3 weeks but he doesn t understand : he has sent me the process to reset password (good!). I provided him all information serial number DS-2CD2032F-IW2015093*******, start sate : 2004-01-25 12:40:38, Firmware version : V5.0,build 150327, provide him too the Device key exported from SADP but he didn t send me the new device key (to be imported in SADP) in order to close the reset password process...

*I have contacted too HIKVISION support but they don t managed as it s a product bought in China.

Could you please help me?

I thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Vincent
The tool in the first post of this thread will generate the key code you need. You just have to enter the serial number and the camera's current date and time accurately into the tool first. I know a lot of people struggle really hard with accuracy so if it doesn't work, double and triple check your inputs and be certain you have the correct camera date.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to reset password for Hikvision NVR DS-7608N-E2 Below details as shown on the SADP v.2.2.3.6 build20150428
SN:
DS-7608N-E2/8P0820151010AARR547075810WCVU
Start time: 2015-12-08 17:47:14
don't know if this is relevant, the exported .xml file to send to Hikvision and then they send a file back, has this code "AwAAADU0NzA3NTgxMJO5nxI="
I have tried everything i could nothing is working can someone help? i am monitoring this thread to find a solution and will answer v.quiq
I don't have any Hikvision NVRs to test with and I have never had the reset procedure ask for a file, only a short string of letters. So I really don't know what is going on when it comes to the whole file import/export thing.

VincentLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply Bp2008.

But the tool doesn t generate the key code from the device key exported from SADP tool.
For reset with SADP, I need to import file (new device key).

Do you understand what I mean?

Thank you in advance,
Vincent

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply Bp2008.

But the tool doesn t generate the key code from the device key exported from SADP tool.
For reset with SADP, I need to import file (new device key).

Do you understand what I mean?

Thank you in advance,
Vincent
This sounds like a new reset procedure, probably part of newer camera/NVR firmware. I know nothing about it. Sorry.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This sounds like a new reset procedure, probably part of newer camera/NVR firmware. I know nothing about it. Sorry.
I've already explained above that they changed it to be RSA sign based. You could TFTP but not all newer devices will reset configuration this way.

VincentLR

n3wb
Reaction score
Could I use an old SADP version in order to reset the password?
An old version without export/import file, then I could use the process described on the first page of topic.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No - but if you can TFTP an old version of firmware then that might work (or it might get reset anyway in the course of doing a TFTP reflash)

Bjdk

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for this tool bp2008. When I run it I get the message "password recovered" in SADP - however, recovered to what? Brief history - Camera would appear to be originally Chinese as it has a CCCH serial number, it was labelled as v5.3 on arrival in April this year but actually had v5.2.5 141201 FW on it. I just bought another camera which is running V5.3 so, stupidly with hindsight, I thought I'd upgrade the FW! Bad idea. Applying the v5.3 FW donloaded form Hikvision I ended up with the camera reporting as a DS-2CD-min-system. I have then used the downgrader and TFTP tool to reinstall v5.2.5 and that also worked however I now cannot log in to the camera either with what I believe was it's original default password (admin) or the password I had set on it when it was in use or, as a last resort the 123...abc one. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks once again for this great help you are giving people.
Bjdk

***UPDATE My memory of the default pwd failed me - I used 12345 and it worked. Thank you so much.