Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys I'm having a bad time with this NVR i bought from gumtree. The seller cant recall the password as he thought he had reset it to admin/admin but its not the case. I've tried the default 12345 and still nothing even tried my cameras password which was previously powered via a power injector but still nothing.

This is the model DS-7604NI-SE/P0420141115BBRR488654540WCVU

Used the tool above to no avail. What can i try next? Support doesn't look like an option unless i wish to wait a week for them to respond :D FML right now.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys I'm having a bad time with this NVR i bought from gumtree. The seller cant recall the password as he thought he had reset it to admin/admin but its not the case. I've tried the default 12345 and still nothing even tried my cameras password which was previously powered via a power injector but still nothing.

This is the model DS-7604NI-SE/P0420141115BBRR488654540WCVU

Used the tool above to no avail. What can i try next? Support doesn't look like an option unless i wish to wait a week for them to respond :D FML right now.

Do you try going here?

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
This is just the same way i mentioned of using technical support isn't it?
Try using the Forgot Password on the browser's GUI... try it there.. otherwise, you'll need to go through the support online.. it usually takes a day or two... they don't work weekends, only for enterprise customers.

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
So i fixed it basically this is what helped. I didn't realise you could click within the box to bring up the reset parameters on the nvr itself. Worked first time now I'm a happy bunny but i cant figure out how to add my camera. There are 4 cams listed which none of them are active so i assume they were from the previous owner however i try to delete them and nothing happens.

Help?

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
So i fixed it basically this is what helped. I didn't realise you could click within the box to bring up the reset parameters on the nvr itself. Worked first time now I'm a happy bunny but i cant figure out how to add my camera. There are 4 cams listed which none of them are active so i assume they were from the previous owner however i try to delete them and nothing happens.

Help?

This method only works for specific FW. I'm running latest FW on my NVR.. so, this doesn't apply to FW running 3.4.5 and up... I'm running V3.4.92 build 170228.

I got everything working well on my Hikvision.. the new FW allows you to set the reset parameters in case you forget the PW. That feature was not available at the time when I got this Hikvision.

As for your cameras not showing up.. if you can't display it on your local GUI screen, you may need to factory reset the IP cameras in the reset button of the camera button inside the dome covers.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/16P NVR running firmware version v3.4.90build 160926 and several DS-2CD2132F-I cameras running firmware v5.3.0 build 150513 but our CCTV provider has gone bust and I have no way of contacting them for the admin password(s) for the devices... can anyone tell me if the password reset tool on page 1 will work or must I contact Hikvsion EU support for this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/16P NVR running firmware version v3.4.90build 160926 and several DS-2CD2132F-I cameras running firmware v5.3.0 build 150513 but our CCTV provider has gone bust and I have no way of contacting them for the admin password(s) for the devices... can anyone tell me if the password reset tool on page 1 will work or must I contact Hikvsion EU support for this?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Try going to this link. You can send your info over and they will send you a key xml file to reset your Hikvision. Worked for me.

Reaction score
Try going to this link. You can send your info over and they will send you a key xml file to reset your Hikvision. Worked for me.
Thanks geek07. Does it matter that the site is a US site and I'm in UK?

Does resetting the password affect any recordings or configuration, or just the admin password?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
our CCTV provider has gone bust and I have no way of contacting them for the admin password(s) for the devices..
Have you checked if they have populated the 'Forgot password' link security questions on the NVR web GUI login page?
A long shot - but you never know till you try.
And when you do get the password set to your choice - a good idea to populate the security questions for reset yourself.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks geek07. Does it matter that the site is a US site and I'm in UK?

Does resetting the password affect any recordings or configuration, or just the admin password?
No, it should not matter where you're.

No, it does not, at least for me. Recording settings were intact when I performed a reset.

Have you checked if they have populated the 'Forgot password' link security questions on the NVR web GUI login page?
A long shot - but you never know till you try.
And when you do get the password set to your choice - a good idea to populate the security questions for reset yourself.
This is true but in my experience with the FW he's using, won't work, they now have a password reset with challenge questions in the new version. I didn't realized it until I saw this in the settings.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
This really good feature, which works well, was introduced in the 3.4.90 version of the NVR firmware.
Yes it is. It's great utilization, instead of waiting to get the reset password xml file. What a pain to wait. I got FW: 3.4.92 Build 170228. Works great. I like this much better than the older version. I can drag area of recording days very easily.. it's really neat and quicker for me to set it up than previous.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is not populated.

No, it should not matter where you're.

No, it does not, at least for me. Recording settings were intact when I performed a reset.
Great, thank you.

So based on my NVR's firmware, shoudl I be able to access password reset challenge questions from somewhere? Please advice where I can find this..

Thanks.

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Great, thank you.

So based on my NVR's firmware, shoudl I be able to access password reset challenge questions from somewhere? Please advice where I can find this..

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Challenge questions only works if you have it setup. If not, then, you're stuck with taking the long route, until you get the key file from Hikvision, then set the challenge questions after password has been reset.

Reaction score
Ok thanks geek007, I'll contact them tomorrow when I have physical access to the NVR and cams. Do they take a while to reply?

geek007

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks geek007, I'll contact them tomorrow when I have physical access to the NVR and cams. Do they take a while to reply?
Sometimes, but they have been pretty consistent in helping customers as of late. I did it on another NVR for a customer in my neighborhood. Took 2 days to wait.
As soon as you reset password, power cycle it so the CAMs can use its internal password.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
shoudl I be able to access password reset challenge questions from somewhere? Please advice where I can find this..
Only if the supplier/installer had been thoughtful and entered them during the setup.
As I said - it is a bit of a long shot, but easy to check.
Just click the 'Forgot password' link at the NVR web GUI login page.

*edit* OK, didn't see this in your post - "Unfortunately, this is not populated."

crisva

n3wb
Reaction score
Hola bunas noches, tengo un dvr bloqueado por usuario, el inconveniente es que no hay forma de ver el codigo para desbloquear, el desbloqueo se hace por patrón en la pantalla, alguien sabe como se hace para desbloquearlo, quedo atento a cualquier respuesta y ayuda

LaZona

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone help me to reset camera password? I cant use the online rest tool because my camera is running firmware v5.4. HIKVision USA wont send me the code because I bought on Amazon and they say Amazon is not an authorized distributor. The biggest retail shopping site in the USA is not a USA distributor? Thank you so much :)

Camera - DS-2CD2T42WD-I5

Serial Number - IPC8342WD20160825BBWR639764356

Start Time - 2017-05-12 00:27:28