Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

mtbeebs

n3wb
Reaction score
just bought 8 of these: Hikvision DS-2CD3145 It's unfortunately chinese version
I Can't access to the cam because I don't have the admin password.

I've tried:
-hikvision password reset tool: "impossible to connect to disant server"
-Online hikvision recovery: "access denied"

sadp.jpg password.jpg reset password.jpg
sadp Tool.jpg HI!
Thanks a lot for your help, I'm really lost

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Holy F @bp2008 you are awesome. Thank you.

Confirmed working on 5.4.0 (160530) Hik DS-2CD2032-I

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This thing is a godsend... My camera literally changed it's password (no idea how) I couldn't get help from hikvision USA because they said it was purchased from unauthorized reseller. Came here to ask for help and saw this tool.

Thanks to this app, I was able to reset my password!

Squadware

n3wb
Reaction score
I see. I sent an email to Hikvision support but it's taking too long and I need the camera for a project. Thanks for the info.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Hikvision hates end users so you're probably not going to get help, unless you bought from an "authorized" distributor.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Some cameras have a reset button on the outside. Others have a reset button on one of the circuit boards inside. Others can be reset by uploading new firmware via the tftp method, I think. Though if yours is a Chinese-hacked-to-english camera then you have a very high risk of bricking it with a firmware update if you don't do your homework first.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any other way to reset the password? I'm going mad right now.
Bullet camera with a reset button on the back?
If an English / update-able camera, the Hikvision tftp updater tool using the same firmware version that's already on it will clear the configuration.
Firmware here - sorry it's a bit broad but you haven't specified the camera : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Hikvision tftp updater tool and instructions (but not the firmware) via the second link here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Squadware

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that I can't access the cam webpage through a browser. The camera I have is the DS-2CD1021-I and it doesn't have the reset button, I looked for it so much.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't follow - the web GUI isn't working?
What's the link with a password reset?

What does SADP show?
You could try accessing the camera with the Batch Configuration Tool.

Squadware

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll explain: a co-worker connected the camera for the first time and typed a password. Now, when I try to log in using the camera IP I can't access using that said password. I can see the camera connected in SADP and all the information like start time and all of that. I'm like locked out of the camera and can't make any changes to it. I sent an e-mail to HIKVISION support with the information that SAPD shows. That's why I'm looking for another way to reset the password.

What's the Batch Configuration Tool?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so you can access the web GUI but can't login as you don't know the password. The Batch Configuration Tool won't help there, the suggestion was on the basis that you could not access the webpage using a browser.
The tftp updater should work ok.

Squadware

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried using the Batch and it's the same as the SADP, it asks for the xml. What firmware do I use with the camera I have? Could you help me with that?

Edit:

HIKVISION support replied with codes but they don't work as they are the "security codes" and I don't have that method to reset the password. I need the one with QR code or XML file.

Edit2:

Got the XML file from support. All good now. Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited:

ala139

n3wb
Reaction score
4 times in the past 3 weeks my DS-2DE7230IW would lock and then display "incorrect username or password" for no apparent reason. The first 3 times happened during business hours, so I was able to send in the XML file and get the password reset (the default password would not work.) I brought this to the attention of support and told me they never heard of the problem and I need to send it back to the seller for an exchange...I said for a password reset?!?! This is got to be a firmware issue, but they ignored me.
Anyway, it happened again tonight AFTER BUSINESS HOURS and I was in a pinch until I came across this reset tool....thank you!!!
I was about to give up using these cameras because of this issue and their reset method...which I understand to some extent but don't know why it is only available during business hours.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
4 times in the past 3 weeks my DS-2DE7230IW would lock and then display "incorrect username or password" for no apparent reason.
By any chance is the device accessible from the internet?
Anyway, it happened again tonight AFTER BUSINESS HOURS and I was in a pinch until I came across this reset tool....thank you!!!
If you used the updated version of the reset tool - that means the camera firmware version is vulnerable to the 'Hikvision backdoor exploit'.
There have been a lot of cameras compromised by this when users have allowed access from the internet by 'port forwarding'.