Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Reaction score
I cannot seem to reset my password. I checked my serial number is correct. I restarted my NVR and made sure the date was correct.
But I am confused by the instructions. The instructions say to enter the password reset code in the security code box. But the SADP tool I downloaded just has an export button and an Import file box. Is the Import file box the same as the security code box. Is there a different SADP tool I need to download? Can someone also verify what the password code should be for this date so I know if I am entering it correctly in the Import File Box. I took a screen shot of what the SADP tool show. This is an older NVR with software version v3.3.1. A long while ago I purchased this as a Chinese unit and along with the advice found on the site was able to convert it to English language version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Device Serial # = DS-7604NI-E1/4P0420150206AARR502968637WCVU
software version is v3.3.1
current start time show 6/17/2019
Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The instructions say to enter the password reset code in the security code box. But the SADP tool I downloaded just has an export button and an Import file box
Your very old firmware does not support the newer facility of the reset code, that's why SADP does not show it.

There is an interesting little trick recently posted for NVR password problems that may be able to extract the current NVR password.
All you need is a camera running firmware of 5.4.0 or older, reset it to defaults so it's 'Inactive', plug in to an NVR PoE port that's using 'Plug&Play' mode (the default), then trick the camera into coughing up the configuration file, which can be decrypted and decoded.
By default - the NVR uses it's own password to Activate the camera.

Have a read here, maybe try it :Alternative way of recovering HikVision NVR password
Good luck!

Reaction score
Thanks Stevenson. I will take a look at the link and see if I can recover it. Is there another option to send this unit somewhere to have the password recovered in case I fail. The reason I ask is because the police came by my house a few days ago looking for surveillance video from my camera. They are thinking there was a crime captured on it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there another option to send this unit somewhere to have the password recovered in case I fail.
I think the method will succeed - provided you have a suitable camera to operate as the trojan horse.

Just out of interest - also see if that firmware still has telnet enabled.
I don't recall exactly when obstacles such as psh appeared, but if it's not present, try admin/12345 root/12345 root/hiklinux
I forget the combinations that were used back then.
If you can get a root shell, the running configuration file could be extracted.

Reaction score
Im trying to figure out whats happening with my cam. I lost acess to it out of nowhere and i menage to gain change the password with your toll just fine(tnx a lot btw). The problem is that where i live power outages are a commom thing. my house goes out of power about once a month for a fez minutes to a cople hours. every time this hapens i lose acess to the camera again and i have to reset the password once more. Its nothing major and change it once a month is not that big of deal, but i was wondering why tahts happening.

Srry for the broken english

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Im trying to figure out whats happening with my cam. I lost acess to it out of nowhere and i menage to gain change the password with your toll just fine(tnx a lot btw). The problem is that where i live power outages are a commom thing. my house goes out of power about once a month for a fez minutes to a cople hours. every time this hapens i lose acess to the camera again and i have to reset the password once more. Its nothing major and change it once a month is not that big of deal, but i was wondering why tahts happening.

Srry for the broken english
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That seens to solve the problem
Are you saying that those passwords worked OK?
If so - the camera was hacked, and it will happen again until you close off the external access that is being allowed.
If you have not deliberately configured 'port forwarding' (a very risky thing to do), then check the router and the camera for UPnP being enabled, and disable it in both.

Be aware that the backdoor access to the camera can potentially also allow access to your LAN, and the devices on it and their data.

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this tool still functional (it's 40 pages long:idk:)? I just tried to setup a DS-2cd2120F1 camera in SADP and changed the ip of the camera, the gateway and then tried to use it in BI5. After several attempts to connect via BI 5, I went back to SADP and am unable to log into the camera. At first it was "rejecting" my admin password but now it says it's "locked"....It's a brand new camera and I have seven of them but this is the only one that I can no longer access......

Reaction score
Hi I’m alaa
Can you help me to retrieve the password of the surveillance camera
Serial no: 6e7cd848d6ccc768

Volta

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I don't happen to find "Security Code" box in my SADP software. Could someone help me resetting my admin password, please? Robberies in my neighborhood are increasing and it would be really bad if I couldn't have access to my cam videos in case something happens.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't happen to find "Security Code" box in my SADP software
The facilities available in SADP depend on the version of firmware in the camera. I'm assuming it's a camera that you are asking about.

If it's a camera - and the firmware as shown in SADP is older than 5.4.5 the camera configuration file can be extracted with no credentials needed.
And I could decrypt and decode the file for you, and extract the password.
All you'd need to do is point this URL at the camera using your browser, changing the IP address to suit.
Then zip up the resulting file and attach it here -
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

And if it's the NVR admin password that you don't have - if a camera with firmware older than 5.4.5 is attached to a PoE port on the NVR, the camera is likely to have the NVR password on it, which can then be extracted as indicated above.

Volta

n3wb
Reaction score
The facilities available in SADP depend on the version of firmware in the camera. I'm assuming it's a camera that you are asking about.

If it's a camera - and the firmware as shown in SADP is older than 5.4.5 the camera configuration file can be extracted with no credentials needed.
And I could decrypt and decode the file for you, and extract the password.
All you'd need to do is point this URL at the camera using your browser, changing the IP address to suit.
Then zip up the resulting file and attach it here -
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

And if it's the NVR admin password that you don't have - if a camera with firmware older than 5.4.5 is attached to a PoE port on the NVR, the camera is likely to have the NVR password on it, which can then be extracted as indicated above.
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes it's a camera, and I see that the software version as mentioned in SADP is V3.4.84. Tried that website and put the camera's ipv4 address in the url but no luck. I get "the site can't be reached" error. (using chrome)

gmo78

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 2cd2335-i V5.3.3 (from ebay) and few days ago it stopped to work on my NVR. Tried to enter through Internet Explorer, but it refuses the password. Tried to change the password using sadp and did not work.
Using the hikvision password reset was a success and now the camera works. Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried to enter through Internet Explorer, but it refuses the password.
Is the camera accessible from the internet? eg have you configured 'port forwarding'?
If so - it could have been hacked, as that version of firmware is vulnerable to the 'Hikvision backdoor exploit'.

If / when it happens again - try 1111aaaa and asdf1234 for the admin passwords.
These are commonly used by the hacking bots.

gmo78

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes exact, it is accessible from the internet because of port forwarding. Port forwarding is the fastest option to show all the cameras using fast android apps like "net eye camera".
Unfortunately I can't change firmware on this Chinese camera.