Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, RV2019zn. Good to have confirmed that the options I tried just don't work with the firmware of my device.

Fixing this myself sounds like a lot of hassle. I've taken a different path; called a local distributor and asked for a password reset following the procedure with the XML file from the SADP tool. In all honesty, I called four of them, to find one who didn't require an approved installer in the middle. It worked out perfectly and the camera was unbricked quickly.

It was a time consuming lesson. I ran into this problem, through my own fault, by installing Scrypted. At least half the time I spent on this problem, but in the end everything works great.

Last edited:

atiqar.pk

n3wb
Reaction score
password reset tool for Hikvision ip camera not reset as i checked at Everyware
DS-2CD1021G0E-I/ECO20210301AAWRF41369132

Reaction score
Hi,
I've bought this HiLook IPC-D140H camera earlier this year from a local big retailer. I did test it (just a simple offline network consisting of a laptop and a router was used), activated it and I did set a password (randomly generated one that I did save into a text file) then put the camera into storage.
On 23th of December I've finally decided to put it up. Connected it into my main network and while it works it won't accept my password. The reset tool doesn't work for me. When I tried to call the local HikVision the phone number has been disconnected and no one is answering my emails concerning the password reset.
Could someone please look into it? I mean I can still send the camera back since it's under warranty but that's a lot of hassle. I would rather get it to work.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As a long shot - provided the camera has not been powered off since you exported the password reset request file - send the file to support.uk@hikvision.com and see if they will respond.

I did set a password (randomly generated one that I did save into a text file)
What length password was generated?
With the caveat that I don't know the password length limit for that camera, try truncating it to 16 characters if it's more than 16.

edit There is a selection of other support email addresses here, depending on your more precise location :

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, at least you got there after some persistence.
Hikvision products aren't trash - but it's fair to say that some aspects of them can be awkward for the end user. They mostly deal with their 'authorised distributors'.

Reaction score
Well ending up with an essentially bricked device after the manufacturer goes bust is pretty "trash" in my book.
Then again these devices are extremely cheap.

Reaction score
Any manufacturer can go bust at any point. That's why it's important to buy HW that's not crippled with DRM (and this arbitrary restriction on password restore is a form of DRM). If I knew about this I would never buy such a camera.
Also the fact that they don't even bother to change their phone number when it gets disconnected shows how serious they are about their business.

chelsearko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my NVR so I need to reset the password but nothing has helped so far. The model is: DS-7732NI-SP
Software Ver. V3.4.5build 190715
DSP Version. V1.0, build 170418

Tried with the Hikvision support - No luck
Tried to reset the password with the SADP Tool
Tried with The Hikvision password reset tool on the site
Checked to see if there is any reset button on the NVR and there isnt

Does anyone know some Hikvision reprasentitive who can help ?

Yet to try with TFTP Updater but not sure if it will work

chelsearko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my NVR so I need to reset the password but nothing has helped so far. The model is: DS-7732NI-SP
Software Ver. V3.4.5build 190715
DSP Version. V1.0, build 170418

Tried with the Hikvision support - No luck
Tried to reset the password with the SADP Tool
Tried with The Hikvision password reset tool on the site
Checked to see if there is any reset button on the NVR and there isnt

Does anyone know some Hikvision reprasentitive who can help ?

Yet to try with TFTP Updater but not sure if it will work
Update* Tried with TFTP Updater and nothing happened. Tried configurationFile? auth = YWRtaW46MTEK it gave me a error 404

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried configurationFile? auth = YWRtaW46MTEK it gave me a error 404
Presumably on the NVR?
If so, that attack uses the Hikvision 'backdoor vulnerability' which is specific to cameras, not NVRs.

Update* Tried with TFTP Updater and nothing happened.
What IP address did you use for the PC running the tftp updater, and did you have the PC and NVR both connected to switch or router ports as normal?
What did the tftp updater window say?

chelsearko

n3wb
Reaction score
Just stayed on initializing the whole time. The PC was set to 192.0.0.128 and 255.255.255.0. Tried with no IP configs on the PC adapter. Had the PC directly connected to the NVRs LAN port no result. Had it connected to a PoE Switch the PC and NVR that didnt work. Tried directly with one of the PoE ports on the NVR same thing. Basically tried all combinations with the LAN cables.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just stayed on initializing the whole time. The PC was set to 192.0.0.128 and 255.255.255.0
OK.
Worth trying also for the PC IP address is 192.168.1.128
Some Hikvision devices have been using that address over the last couple of years just to confuse things.

chelsearko

n3wb
Reaction score
OK.
Worth trying also for the PC IP address is 192.168.1.128
Some Hikvision devices have been using that address over the last couple of years just to confuse things.
Will try tommorow. I managed to set the IP on the NVR to 192.168.0.64 throught the routers DHCP Static MAC Assignment for the IP address.

chelsearko

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally after the 'trojan horse' trick to extract the NVR password from the camera. I finally got it to work. Lucky that I got atleast one camera that hasnt got a update. to a newer version of the firmware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me to decrypt the attached file so I can my camera UP again?
The response file to your password reset request file must come from Hikvision technical support - only they have the private key.

What's the firmware version of the camera? Check using SADP.