Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I then tried it with the NVR but it refused it.
Was the NVR purchased from a Hikvision 'authorised dealer'?
If so - you could try requesting a reset code from their tech support.
Check out the 'forgot password' link when SADP shows the NVR details : SADP Tool

If that isn't possible - using the Hikvision tftp updater to re-apply the same or similar version of firmware will reset the NVR to default settings.
The tool and instructions here : TFTPServ
A selection of firmware here (though your quoted version isn't listed) :
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=portal/Technical Materials/02 NVR/00 Product Firmware/07 E-series/[7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4]

Reaction score
Was purchased through Aliexpress so I am unsure if they are an authorised seller.

I was attempting to use SADP as part of the recovery procedure, hence the 2022 and 2015 errors. Might find out who I bought it off and try to contact them.

If I can remember my unlock pattern I might have some luck. Haven't had a chance today due to working away from home so I'll have a go when I get back.

This is what happens you have something installed for over 2 years and haven't had to use it for anything since then. Should have written the password on the bottom of the NVR or something.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Was purchased through Aliexpress so I am unsure if they are an authorised seller.
No, they are not.

I was attempting to use SADP as part of the recovery procedure, hence the 2022 and 2015 errors.
OK, I'd assumed that was from the reset tool.

If I can remember my unlock pattern I might have some luck.
But unfortunately even if you do - it doesn't allow you to set / change the admin password, or reset to defaults.

Should have written the password on the bottom of the NVR or something.
The newer firmware, which you should be able to update through after you've regained access, assuming it's an 'updatable' model, has some very useful self-service password reset facilities. Some security Q&As, plus a 'GUID export file' facility.

The Hikvision tftp updater method is easy enough, and should work OK with that model.
If it had PoE ports, a 'trojan horse' camera could have been used to extract the NVR password.

ltsnewb

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been trying to use this tool to reset my LTD8316T-FT (which apparently is a rebranded Hikvision)

Serial is 1620151027AAWRxxxxxxxxxWCVU

I tried to generate codes using

LTD8316T-FT1620151027AAWRxxxxxxxxxWCVU
FT1620151027AAWRxxxxxxxxxWCVU
1620151027AAWRxxxxxxxxxWCVU
20151027AAWRxxxxxxxxxWCVU

It just says incorrect code for each one I try. I know the date is correct because the reset dialog at the terminal actually displays the date (not the serial), and it's correct (20191001).

Software version is v3.1.7 build 160418
DSP version is v5.0 build 160413

Any ideas?

Reaction score
No, they are not.

OK, I'd assumed that was from the reset tool.

But unfortunately even if you do - it doesn't allow you to set / change the admin password, or reset to defaults.

The newer firmware, which you should be able to update through after you've regained access, assuming it's an 'updatable' model, has some very useful self-service password reset facilities. Some security Q&As, plus a 'GUID export file' facility.

The Hikvision tftp updater method is easy enough, and should work OK with that model.
If it had PoE ports, a 'trojan horse' camera could have been used to extract the NVR password.
Forgot to update but I managed to jag the pattern unlock and was able to view the password to the one camera I hadn't connected or changed the password yet. So now I have my password!!

osmoses

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR Reset Tool generated the code but when applied via by sadp it says device denied.

gintas

n3wb
Reaction score
Could anyone help to reset a hikvision camera's?
I forgot my password.

Device Type​
Software Version​
Device Serial Number​
Start Time​
DS-2CD3345-I​
V5.4.24build 170303​
DS-2CD3345-I20170825AAWR817686159​
2019-10-27 11:09:05​
DS-2CD3345-I​
V5.4.24build 170303​
DS-2CD3345-I20170323AAWR734847923​
2019-10-27 10:08:58​

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Those versions of firmware should have the 'Hikvision backdoor' vulnerability.
Have you tried the updated @bp2008 password reset tool on the first post?

If that does not work, the password can be extracted from the configuration file.
Use this URL in your browser to extract the configuration files, zip them up and attach here and I will decrypt and decode and extract the passaords for you.

http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

gintas

n3wb
Reaction score
Those versions of firmware should have the 'Hikvision backdoor' vulnerability.
Have you tried the updated @bp2008 password reset tool on the first post?

If that does not work, the password can be extracted from the configuration file.
Use this URL in your browser to extract the configuration files, zip them up and attach here and I will decrypt and decode and extract the passaords for you.

http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
I have tryed password reset tool, but i get an error "unauthorized"

I have tryed password reset utility "Hikvision Password Reset Tool" with SADP. I get an error device denied

For link "http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK" authentication required.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, if it requires authentication that method will not work. That's a pity.
Re-applying the same firmware with the Hikvision tftp updater will reset the cameras to defaults.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Maybe u can help me.
I have such Ip Camera Hikvision DS-2CD3T10D-I3. I have no password for it and no invoices. I read and try all that is on this forum. But maybe I miss something. All the time all generator say "Not corect phrase".
I want to reset password or all camera. Maybe I can make it by taking away battery or connecting wires to this 4 points ?signal-attachment-2019-11-01-062323_004.jpegUntitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpgUntitled-3.jpgUntitled-4.jpgsignal-attachment-2019-11-01-062323_003.jpeg
Need help . If need XML file also can give !

Autodelta

n3wb
Reaction score
Hallo can anyone give me some tips, i am new with this kind of stuff, and i can see the trees thru the forest.i have lost my admin password of my DS-2CCD2T85FWD-15 with firmware V5.83 build 190221
I have made with the SDAPtool export xml file.

regards,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No Security Q&A set?

Does that device have an SD card hatch, under the shield? Is there a reset button under it?

I have made with the SDAPtool export xml file.
If the device was purchased through an 'Authorised Seller' you should be able to send the file to Hikvision tech support for a reset code to be returned.
support@hikvision.com
The exported file is date-encoded so the camera needs to remain powered until the reset code is returned.

Autodelta

n3wb
Reaction score
I have reset the camera SADPtool says that it is active, but in the iVMS client it is inactive
Tomorrow hopely have some time to look.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have reset the camera SADPtool says that it is active,
After a reset to defaults - SADP should show the status as 'Inactive' for the V5.5.83 version of firmware.

Another way to check the status is to point the browser at the IP address shown in SADP (probably 192.168.1.64) and you will see an 'Activation' page if it's 'Inactive' and requiring you to set a strong password to 'Activate' it.

Autodelta

n3wb
Reaction score
After reset i have change two times the admin password,
If i log in with a brouwser i can see live and can configure it. but it is not recording.
in SADP it is active
in IVMS-4200 in Main view i see nothing all settings look normal.