Hikvision Dealer

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
Are there any Hikvision dealers with online sales or any supplier in the U.S.? I mean a real one what is packaged with their label and has their warranty? Not the ones listed on many sites saying they are the real thing but can't provide a factory warranty only their business warranty.

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks acvb but they are not an authorized dealer. I'm sure they are a good company and they do warranty their products with their own warranty. I'm looking for an authorized dealer. This way I know I'm getting the real thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks acvb but they are not an authorized dealer. I'm sure they are a good company and they do warranty their products with their own warranty. I'm looking for an authorized dealer. This way I know I'm getting the real thing.
Most authorized dealers will not sell to end users..only to installers...BandH photo is an exception though they dont carry many models...
You can check the region of any camera when you receive it so you can test nellys...I am certain they will be US cameras...I have never heard of a fake hikvision..its just a matter of china vs US region...
hikvision has a list of dealers on their site..

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I posted about Wrightwood Surveillance in another thread but I guess they are NOT authorized. They do offer a 1 year warranty, and they also carry a separate line what they call "Chinese versions" of the cameras for lower price and less warranty period. I'm new to Hikvision and this is somewhat confusing as to where/what to buy. I would like to know the distributors that sell to installers.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My research told me that warranties Hikvisions cost twice as much as Aliexpress versions. That's a huge difference just for a warranty. I bet some of us would rather run the risk of a camera breaking, then buying a fresh one and still coming out even. But then again, I bet you receive excellent support from the Nelly's of the world if you run into any issues. With Aliexpress, you're on your own.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted about Wrightwood Surveillance in another thread but I guess they are NOT authorized. They do offer a 1 year warranty, and they also carry a separate line what they call "Chinese versions" of the cameras for lower price and less warranty period. I'm new to Hikvision and this is somewhat confusing as to where/what to buy. I would like to know the distributors that sell to installers.
There is a list on the hikvision site...

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My research told me that warranties Hikvisions cost twice as much as Aliexpress versions. That's a huge difference just for a warranty. I bet some of us would rather run the risk of a camera breaking, then buying a fresh one and still coming out even. But then again, I bet you receive excellent support from the Nelly's of the world if you run into any issues. With Aliexpress, you're on your own.
My research shows the same. As long as I can get a camera with English firmware I'm willing to take a chance. As far as support, there are tons of it on this and other websites. One option is to at least buy one camera initially from a U.S. dealer. Get it up and running and you have their support if needed. After that you should be good to go on Aliexpress sellers and do your own support.

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
US Warranty camera will cost you double. I am a small integrator and use the normal distributors (ADI, Tri-Ed) and they are double the price unless you snag them on sale. In reality you pay that price for support and warranty (3 yrs).

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As of the 16th June Hikvision UK trade prices 40% off
This is their attempt to stop ebay sales of grey imports but still not cheap enough camera prices £64 + 20% tax but this is time and stock limited.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
1. They will continue to make life miserable for firmware upgrades making it virtually impossible to go from one ("Non Chinese") firmware upgrade to another using Hikvision cameras intended to be sold in China elsewhere. Meaning, they will continue to use new techniques making it impossible to use one ("Hacking") method that may work on a series of firmware releases, with all future firmware releases.
In reality they have only made modest changes, and only put small obstacles in the way of the on-line sellers, the clever Russian hackers who provide their workarounds and the enthusiast community. It would be so easy to add a full lockdown that even NSA would struggle with. But they have not done that.
What they must do, and are doing, is to show their value-added authorised distributors that they are at least taking some steps to protect the distributors margins by squeezing grey imports.

2. They will start to make major hardware changes to those camera models intended to be sold only in the Chinese domestic market using lower quality components and potentially less onboard memory and/or cheaper/slower CPU's to help stop the bleeding while also allowing the cameras to remain cheaper domestically ("In China") than they are internationally.
"using lower quality components" What nonsense, in my opinion. What professional engineering organisation is going to deliberately break their products in this way and risk their reputation for excellence? Slowly gained, easily lost. They will continue to develop new models with features and pricing based on their market analysis of what they can sell and where. That's the normal product development cycle.

Hikvision has no choice but to be creative to fight this issue of their IP cameras intended to be sold in their domestic Chinese market being sold in the international market instead.
They could easily "fight this issue" and win it - and by doing so cut off a big chunk of their sales. The Chinese on-line sellers don't magic their stock up from nowhere.

Hikvision benefit from the ability to sell their very good products across multiple markets and outlets at prices specific to each region, whilst keeping their authorised distributors sweet by maintaining their margins in return for the brand recognition and penetration this provides.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
1. Cheaper components don't require using defective components.
Yes indeed. But my comment was about your suggestion they would be "using lower quality components" which implies a higher defect rate or failure rate, or wider tolerance spread, any of which could impact product quality and reliability, affecting reputation and market share.

2. What they are doing now may not be what they will do in the future to complicate installing ("Non Chinese") firmware in said IP cameras.
Agreed. And we'll have fun exploring it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not true by default.

My point is that what's known as the same camera model today could use different components based on where it is intended to be sold. One of many examples would be to use a different image sensor which maybe cheaper, Another would be to use a slightly slower CPU or even a different brand or model of CPU. None of which implies in any way, any higher failure rate or wider tolerance spread by default.

No need to waste money exploring with new IP Cameras intended for China domestic use when you can get used ones at much cheaper prices to do the same "Exploration". In case things don't work out as planned.

Don
All a bunch of speculation and nonsense....the notion is insane..buy US only because in the future at some point Uber predicts that hikvision MAY use different components in their chinese cameras...wow, what a stretch!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually. What I suggest makes common sense. Which is to by Hikvision IP Cameras which were intended to be sold in China only used vs. new. To save even more money.

Again, it makes sense since you can't get an official warranty directly from Hikvision when you buy the same IP Camera which was for domestic use in China only new anyway. So why waste money, when you can get the same IP Camera for less used?

Don
I makes no sense because you are simply guessing...speculating with NO facts to back your self up...have you EVER seen a HIKVISION china camera that used different components than a US camera, NO...
Please show me a US region used hikvision 2332 for under 90 dollars? With used cameras you never know what the other person did to it..maybe they opened it up to add a desiccant pack as a result of bad advice on a forum and now compromised the camera seal...who knows...
Warranty is worthless at double the cost...you can easily self insure....for folks who need support or those who wish to update firmware then yes its always advisable to buy US region cameras...otherwise if you buy 8 cameras and save 75-100 on each you can easily insure yourself.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As a professional Installer of CCTV systems for over 25 years, the support you talk of Don is worth nothing, most retailers do only one thing sell, some others read from a script, raw cost in this business is everything. As fenderman and others have said many times, saving upto £120 in the uk on a Camera. I can buy 1 and get one free from Aliexpress compared to ADI on their normal selling price at that price what is the warranty worth, yep sod all.

jamesf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
B&H Photo is a Hikvision USA Authorized Reseller which sells online. They carry newer models not found on Amazon.
I purchased from B&H. My post garnered at least one comment here intimating that I was foolish for paying full price. But that's the price you pay for being able to email Hikvision and have a Hikvision tech help me out more than a few times the past year and a Factory warranty. With B&H I pay no shipping and no sales tax. SO there is that. I have zero regrets and have bought more from them since and will again.
Oh and you're buying from an American company...