Hikvision doorbell camera - DS-KB6003-WIP

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone having issues registering the doorbell with the Hik-Connect server after updating to the latest firmware?

I get the error “The device is offline” when trying to add it to the Hik-Connect server via the app, even though I can view live video from it locally in the Hik-Connect app.

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not have an issue with the the hik connect. But i use blue iris. I really really want to get to the Mic to work. I was trying to use both apps since i could get the mic to work with hik connect but the camera seems to break when i am running both. It locks up.

Who has gotten the camera and MIC to work?
Thanks
Mike

charettepa

n3wb
Reaction score
how have you guys gotten this firmware update. mine is still 171219 and says no new update. mine is lts branded. can i upgrade using the hik firmware?
i have the cam working in the lts doftware and it also works in the hikconnect software
both say no available updates.
its available on hikvision europe, can this be used?
here is the link DOWNLOAD PORTAL
am i safe to use it?

also
does anyone have this working in an NVR with motion detection
if so what camera are you telling the NVR this is?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

working JPG URL address it is if anyone needs it
http://192.168.x.x/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
or
http://user:admin@192.168.x.x/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

Last edited:

wayguk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm also on V1.4.62 build 180515, but the check box for "Enable Motion Detection" keeps unchecking after a few days, by itself!!!! any suggestions on how to resolve?

Mike Law

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm also on V1.4.62 build 180515, but the check box for "Enable Motion Detection" keeps unchecking after a few days, by itself!!!! any suggestions on how to resolve?
Im also having this issue, ive found when the bell is pressed the motion detection on the dvr/nvr is disabled which is really annoying

cmce

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the DB1 version and updated it to VIS_28_H2_EN_STD_V1.4.62_180515_For6403 and cannot get the audio to work when the door bell is pressed. Says Unable to open audio channel. Does anyone have the original version that came with mine? It is V1.4.62 171114. I would like to put mine back to factory. CAn anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

bramschats

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running the DS-KB6403-WIP wifi doorbell and purchased it after I sold my "RING" doorbell because I wanted te be able to record the camera stream to my Blue Iris NVR. The setup works but I am experiencing some problems:
  • Audio is not working within BI;
  • The primair and secundair stream is not stable and drops in frame rate when watching live video and recording motion. The Hik-connect app on the other hand works just fine and the image on screen plays smooth.
It looks like they prioritized the Hit-Connect stream to have a good view in the app and tried multiple RTSP streams to BI but nothing seems to work.

Hope someone can help solving this issue.

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to change the wifi SSID this device connects to? I've recently made some upgrades to my wifi, and changed the main SSID and would like the Hik doorbell to connect to this new SSID.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone tried removing or modifying the lens to remove the IR glare?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m also curious about finding a way to disable the IR. The lens reflection is the only problem I have currently, mind you they are fairly new still (I have two).

It would work much better with a motion sensing light than the built in IR blasting off the lens.

Thanks!

pyrotenax

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m also curious about finding a way to disable the IR. The lens reflection is the only problem I have currently, mind you they are fairly new still (I have two).

It would work much better with a motion sensing light than the built in IR blasting off the lens.

Thanks!
Can you not just unplug the connection(s) from the circuit board ?

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone get this to go higher than the 12fps?

just upgraded to firmware VIS_28_H2_EN_NEU_V1.4.62_180515_For6003

And still stuck on 12FPS.....

Secondly, I was having "issues" with it recording. (Continuous through BI).

Lets say it would record 8:00:01am, then seconds 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 (if you watched it the seconds would not coincide with REAL seconds, but I figured its just display issues or whatever). Then it would pause for a second or two, then expecting to see 10, or 11, it would be 33, 34 35, then go for about 20-30 more seconds then SKIP 20-30 seconds. IT does this ALLLLLLLL the time..

still doing it after upgrade to newer firmware.

Is this because its constant recording? (isnt that the point??).

Ha signal strength of 75%+ (put an AP right near it (its about 3 feet away).

I even tried LOWERING the quality and the bitrate. Same issue.

Is this a firmware issue, is this the wifi limitation, is this a messed up model?

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone get this to go higher than the 12fps?

just upgraded to firmware VIS_28_H2_EN_NEU_V1.4.62_180515_For6003

And still stuck on 12FPS.....

Secondly, I was having "issues" with it recording. (Continuous through BI).

Lets say it would record 8:00:01am, then seconds 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 (if you watched it the seconds would not coincide with REAL seconds, but I figured its just display issues or whatever). Then it would pause for a second or two, then expecting to see 10, or 11, it would be 33, 34 35, then go for about 20-30 more seconds then SKIP 20-30 seconds. IT does this ALLLLLLLL the time..

still doing it after upgrade to newer firmware.

Is this because its constant recording? (isnt that the point??).

Ha signal strength of 75%+ (put an AP right near it (its about 3 feet away).

I even tried LOWERING the quality and the bitrate. Same issue.

Is this a firmware issue, is this the wifi limitation, is this a messed up model?
i was elated to get up to 12fps from 1fps, yeah i have ubiq UAP-AC-PRO on the ceiling very near to it and it either disconnects or reboots but, i'm on a high amp 16vac transformer i hear they need 24v. fyi the latest firmware is capped to 12fps

htndfw

n3wb
Reaction score
How does the unit look with the lens covered removed? Do you have a photo?
Spent about 3 min with a grinder tip..You could take 30 min and take the camera apart, remove lens cover, put silicone around the black bezel "if in direct elements". If you just cut it the seal around the lens is good enough.. You can also black sharpie where you cut to mask the cut.. GL

Attachments