Hikvision doorbell camera - DS-KB6003-WIP

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got a DS-KB6003-WIP.

I connected it in my existing doorbell wires (all ok with the power, etc.. checked in advanced)
The basics works great (Wifi connection, doorbell button, etc...)

I already have an NVR with 7 Hikvision cams (Cube, dome, mini dome, etc...) but I first wanted to fully test it before integrating it in my NVR setup...

I started playing with it a bit and configuring it but I got weird issues and behaviours... Hope someone can help...
I updated it on latest firmware: V1.4.62 build 171218

- I had condensation in the lens after installing outside. I read here that it's normal with the cold difference and it should got away, right? and how long would that be?

- Frame rate. in the settings, the frame rate seems stuck at 12 fps (1080p)... cannot change that...
Is that normal? is 12 fps really the max? I wanted 30fps at 1080p, nothing less....

- Port setup. I can't change from default ports, I get "parameter error" when saving... not sure why at all

- Max average bitrate. What is that... whatever it is, if I change it and save, when I refresh or switch tabs, it's back to 0...

I tested really fast the calling part when button is pressed but I need to setup the actual video correctly first...
So far, looks like the firmware is "special" and beta when comparing to my other hik cams...

Any help or advice would be appreciated...

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
by looking into it deeper, for the frame rate, it looks like latest fiormwares locked it at 12...
A poste confirmed older firmwares didn't have that lock (22fps, not 30 but still better)
Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR
Any idea why Hikvision did that? Don't get it...
I downgrade to V1.4.62 build 171201 and was able to set "full rate" or 22fps...

no idea about the rest of my issue...

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea why Hikvision did that? Don't get it...
I would guess that the SoC (cpu and more) in these ins't that powerful or maybe the wifi was choking if the bit rate got too high.

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would guess that the SoC (cpu and more) in these ins't that powerful or maybe the wifi was choking if the bit rate got too high.
Yeah I was afraid of that also...
I used and tested so many Hik cameras in the past, some are better than others but they ALL were super stable at 30fps, and all seemed to never have stability issues (even on Wifi).
And some of them were way cheaper than this doorbell...

And the web interface seems like a port of some other product with options that don't work and you can feel the lack of CPU I think there, with the delay when saving a setting.
Not sure if the fact that it's a "video conference" product, puts it in a category that makes it in a higher price range for less but this is not acceptable IMO.
I should have realized that not showing the FPS options in product specs on their site was a hint that Hikvision could not guaranty a stable normal camera FPS stream...

Last edited:

br1dge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The parameter error may be a browser compatibility thing. Chrome and FF have this problem, but IE with Web Components seems to fix the problem.

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The parameter error may be a browser compatibility thing. Chrome and FF have this problem, but IE with Web Components seems to fix the problem.
Thanks, yes I only use IE for Hikvision on web ui.
After changing firmwares several times, that might be why. After I reset to factory defaults and reconfigured it, I didn’t have the errors.
Although, the FPS limit to 12, VERY bad IR / len reflexion during night (actually useless in my case, see attached pic), video quality and the general slowness in the web ui are still problems for me.
The wifi might be the limit also. I had to setup a second Wi-Fi access point really close to it to gain stability.
It’s more stable viewing the stream through my NVR (vs lan ip or hik-connect)
For me, just very obvious and hard to ignore differences next to any of my other Hik cams.
But besides this, the ring button works great, including the hik-connect calling and two way talk. (When Wi-Fi is at its best). The 180 degrees lens is awesome too. Speaker and mic is fine, except a buzzing sound that isn’t that bad.

I’m still testing it, I like it more then first time I installed it, after spending time with it, not love at first sight (like any other Hikvision cam I tested in the past)

I keep hope future firmwares can optimize it better.

There is a US model of it that shows 30FPS on specs so maybe the hardware is better... we’ll see.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any update on this. I am new to hivision stuff. Just got my first camera (didn't realise this door bell was out there).

Been testing and really like the system. So ready to make the full plunge and get the whole house covered.

Has there been a firmware release/update?

I note LTS have a compatible camera? IS this better?

Thanks
Welcome Fhwong,

Remember to check the notes in the wiki also.
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
I cant seem to get my NSC-DB1 Two way intercom which is the same as DS-KB6003-WIP. Has anyone been able to get theirs to work?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just an FYI....the new firmware (not yet released) made a bunch of changes...change ports, fps, etc. Should be released soon.
I’m excited to try it! When will it come out and how’d you learn about it?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m excited to try it! When will it come out and how’d you learn about it?
Not sure when it will come out...I was able to get my hands on it and am running it on my doorbell, however, I can't send it to anyone. Sorry.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure when it will come out...I was able to get my hands on it and am running it on my doorbell, however, I can't send it to anyone. Sorry.
Good to know, Mike! Could you let us know us know what version number you’re running so I can watch for it?

I’m currently on v1.4.62 build 171219. Thanks!

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an FYI....the new firmware (not yet released) made a bunch of changes...change ports, fps, etc. Should be released soon.
Mike will I be able to flash my NSC-DB1 with that firmware when it comes out? I believe it's a rebadge hikvision
Also I can't seem to find current build v1.4.62 build 171219. On the us hikvision site .

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike will I be able to flash my NSC-DB1 with that firmware when it comes out? I believe it's a rebadge hikvision
Also I can't seem to find current build v1.4.62 build 171219. On the us hikvision site .
It looks like it's out, check link above. I flashed mine with it. Keep in mind that you will lose all your settings and need to program it again, including initial setup.

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like it's out, check link above. I flashed mine with it. Keep in mind that you will lose all your settings and need to program it again, including initial setup.
Mike what app did you use to register it?

suzukifd

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded mine. As you can see its a Nelly I did not have to reconfigure

Attachments