Hikvision DS-2DF1-714 Brick

arievanwyk

n3wb
Reaction score
I need resolving a firmware recovery.

Some idiot tried to update firmware did not what he was doing and I'm the idiot who needs to fix it.

I have tried all the update methods in this forum, but nothing.

I can ping the camera on 192.0.0.64 but it is not connecting to the tftp server to grab the original firmware to do the recovery. I cannot telnet into it either.

If it would help the serial on this camera is DS-2DF1-7140020110804BCWR404337426WC. I'm not to sure what the original firmware of the unit was since there is no labels to indicate this.

All the would be much appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, some basic questions to try to help:
Definitely the correct tftp server, the one that shows 'Hikvision TFTP server' in the window title?
http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1336

I can ping the camera on 192.0.0.64
Normally on power-up this IP address would only give 2 or 3 responses as it's used to probe for a tftp update server, then move on to its configured IP address.
Does the camera show on SADP and if so what information is listed?

Do you have both the camera and the PC cabled into a switch or router, and is WiFi disabled in the PC?
If the firewall is active in the PC, is there an allowed UDP inbound rule for 'tftpserve.exe'? This would normally be creating by responding affirmatively to the Windows prompt 'Windows has blocked some etc' when the TFTP server is first run. By default, the Windows firewall will block access to the tftp server. Rules can be checked under Firewall Advanced settings' in Control Panel.

I had a look at my usual download links, but could not find an exact match to the quoted camera. This is the closest:
http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download_more.asp?id=1508
digicap.dav file in the same Windows folder as 'tftpserve.exe'?

arievanwyk

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok this is now been resolve

Thanks alastairstevenson for the input.

Ok for anybody who has the same problem, here goes.

The Problem:

The TFTP Boot does not at all not with straight or crossover cable.

The solution:

I Refer you to maxk Post which was ever so help full. Please keep in mind the is a bit more advance.

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2666-UART-connection-to-recover-Hik-cameras?highlight=uart

Essentially and the bottom line is the camera was stuck in a reboot loop and no matter what i did it did not want to boot from the TFTP

Ones I had the UART hooked up to the diagnostic port on the camera I manage to get into the main root by pressing ctrl+u, where i force the camera to update the firmware from the tftp server.

Ones the firmware finished loading the camera rebooted twice and all was good. Keep in mind to have the right firmware otherwise you will have to start the entire process again.

Hope it works for you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok this is now been resolve
Hey, well done, "and I'm the idiot who needs to fix it" - you are now the hero that fixed it!
That maxk post has been pretty useful to lots of folk, myself included.