Hikvision DS-7616-NI cannot find downloaded files

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a real strange problem that has occurred, the setting address on my NVR for saved and downloaded files is C:\Users\Game\Web\DownloadFiles

I have downloaded files via the web interface and went to that folder location and it does not exits, I wen to C:\user\game and there is no Web folder at all on my drive so I cannot find the files I have downloaded.

The real stupid part it , if I try and select another address to download to via the web interface on the NVR its shows the Web fold and the downloadfiles fold to select.

Why cant I see this folder?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What version of windows are you running ?
Are you login as the administrator ?
in the tools folder options, do you have show hidden folder ?

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I am running Windows 10, yes I am running as Admin and I have show hidden folders selected

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you use Internet Explorer, uncheck the option: Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Enable protected mode. Then reboot the browser.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
uncheck the option: Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Enable protected mode
That's a global change that would reduce security for all use of IE11.

I am running as Admin and I have show hidden folders selected
To do this just for when you need to download from the NVR, in addition to being logged on as admin, you need to 'Run IE as administrator'.
Also, depending on your other security settings, you can also stop the downloaded files being stored in the very-well-hidden virtualised folder in the user profile by adding the NVR IP address as a 'Trusted site'

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you very much for all your help

I tried running both Windows and IE as admins and this did not seem to work, I then tried disabling protected mode just to see if it would work and it did, but I am worried about the security implications as Alastair pointed out.

With this being said, when I was trying to download these the other day would they have gone into that virtualised folder Alastair was referring to? if so how do I find it and stop the downloads from going there?, there may also be a crap load there from the other day

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried running both Windows and IE as admins and this did not seem to work
With no insult intended, and for the avoidance of doubt:
Running Windows and IE as admins is not sufficient.
What I was referring to is 'right-clicking on the IE11 icon in the program list and selecting "run as administrator" '.
That will certainly work.
And adding the NVR IP address to Trusted Sites usually works.

if so how do I find it and stop the downloads from going there?
A typical path to the files shown here :
Problem capturing photo image.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a global change that would reduce security for all use of IE11.
Yes, that's true. But my assumption was IE is used only for accessing the cameras (just like I'm using it). Who uses nowadays IE for daily browsing... Even Microsoft hid it deep in the Win 10 menu, and claimed Edge as a main browser. According to a global researches IE takes only about 2% from the browsers share.

Alternatively, Mozilla Firefox ESR edition (32bit) can be used instead of IE for camera access, does the same job.