Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all

the datasheet shows the ability to use a Mechanical Chime ( O p t i o n a l ) but seems vague on any details or compatible chimes

Any one able to provide any additional information or documentation?

thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all

the datasheet shows the ability to use a Mechanical Chime ( O p t i o n a l ) but seems vague on any details or compatible chimes

Any one able to provide any additional information or documentation?

thanks in advance
I believe that would be your standard chime...

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks

my knowledge of door chimes are you have a power supply a chime and a button this is an open circuit, when you press the butt is completes the circuit and the chime rings :) so i think i am missing somthing looking at the technical document

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
door chimes/bell seem to be either DC or 8/12vac and the two 24vac power supply's, i have tried have been outputting 28-30VAC causing the unit to get very hot

i didn't think it would be so hard to find a AC/AC power supply with a compatible door chime......

any one in the uk know of any one selling 16 /18VAC PSU please let me know, thanks

Reaction score
This would be what you need, but the price on this one is OUTRAGEOUS!

This one appears to be more reasonably priced.

Check your local electrical/hardware supplier. They may have them in stock for a much better price.

drewpw83

n3wb
Reaction score
With there being only 2 wires connected to the Hikvision doorbell, how does this operate the chime as i should imagine the doorbell requires a continuous 24v.
Hope i dont sound thick here... Surely the chime would constantly chime?

Reaction score
When the doorbell is pressed, it closes a normally-open (NO) single-pole-single-throw (SPST) switch, passing the 24VAC through to the chime, which then rings. When the doorbell button is released, the circuit is opened and the chime stops.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This would be what you need, but the price on this one is OUTRAGEOUS!

This one appears to be more reasonably priced.

Check your local electrical/hardware supplier. They may have them in stock for a much better price.
thank you for you reply but the input voltage is 120vav in the uk it is 220vac to 240vac, but i appreciate the your response

drewpw83

n3wb
Reaction score
Im having mine delivered tomorrow and also need to connect to a mechanical chime. Im going to have a good play around with it , when i suss it out i will let you know how i managed it....hopefully.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im having mine delivered tomorrow and also need to connect to a mechanical chime. Im going to have a good play around with it , when i suss it out i will let you know how i managed it....hopefully.
the only issue i have is sourcing the correct power supply in the uk, i was looking to find a 16vac psu and overdrive a 12vac door chime, but it seem most chime and PSU's are 8vac. i have found a rail doorbell supply but i have no room in the fuse board. the reason i want the door chime is if the mobile APP is closed on the phone you get no notification, i really do think the unit has issues from my limed testing.

please let me know how you get on :)

drewpw83

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a play around with my doorbell today and have it working lovely off my 24vac cctv psu using the supplied resistor. I still have no clue how to incorporate a mechanical chime into this circuit.
I have an old mechanical chime which i have been using as a tester. Putting 24vac to the chime causes it to make a horrible buzzing noise, but if i put 12vdc to the chime it works a treat. You can buy these little 24vac to 12vdc converters for about5 8 quid, maybe this will solve your problem.
I still dont know how the chime fits in in all this as the old door bell worked by completing the circuit, the hikvision doorbell needs a needs a completed circuit constantly

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let us know in detail how all this works out, i'm a little confused over how the chime circuit works and how the Hik doorbell gets its power - since it only has 2 connection points and the mains door chime is a NO device?

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so the new 18vac PSU turned up today and i get 20vac across the back of the device and i got a 12vac mechanical door chime from toolstation (item code54078
) at the weekend.

so i have it all hooked up and it works, wired up as the diagram in the above PDF. a wire from the PSU to the hikvision doorbell then the retrun to the door chime and then to the psu.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know! thanks for the toolstation link, will pick one of those up. Do you have a link to the 18v transformer your got?

I'm looking to fit one of this for a disabled person I know - has a mains doorbell outputting 14.7v AC from its transformer so might be worth taking a new chime and transformer as a backup incase the Hik doorbell won't power up.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know! thanks for the toolstation link, will pick one of those up. Do you have a link to the 18v transformer your got?

I'm looking to fit one of this for a disabled person I know - has a mains doorbell outputting 14.7v AC from its transformer so might be worth taking a new chime and transformer as a backup incase the Hik doorbell won't power up.
google "1A 18V ALTO ZMX862 MIXER AC/AC OUTPUT MAINS"

eshaq786

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this hikvision doorbell accept 12vdc?

I am trying to figure out a way of attaching a solar unit with battery pack to keep this thing powered where there is no power. So far I’ve read that as it takes 24vac I would need some kind of inverter for 12vdc to 24vac. But these are quite expensive and I’m also trying to keep the solution small and neat. Any ideas?

masmith22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please provide some pictures of the Hikvision Doorbell after the install. Also, provide your review. Thanks,