Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

RikP

n3wb
Reaction score
I have RCA version of this, does anyone knows the default login credentials? I want to get in and put Hikvision firmware in it.
Thank you

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
uid: admin, passwd is the verification code I believe. After you set it up with a phone, it's what you choose.

You can update the firmware, by putting it on a blanl fat32 SD card, that way you don't have to mess with the uid/passwd stuff when changing frmware.

Reaction score
i would try a different SD Card i have a 128gb class 10 card and i can initialize the card using the app and it saves images to the card.

my door chime is on the return wire to the AC Power supply see attached image :) no resistor

View attachment 26117
Sorry to jump an old post but i bought the chime you sugested and i cant get it to ding. Did you power the chime with batterys.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have the Byron 772. When I connect the cam, chime an transformer together the chime rings ones and keeps making a humming sound. Also the cam button back light, lights up once and then nothing. The cam seems to not start up.

Any help is appreciated.
Did you sort yours mine is exactly the same thanks

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mine is wired the same, wired across 1 & 2 on the left, i get one ding when i power on and every time the button is pressed

what happens when you put voltage across 1&2 on the bell directly? you should get a ding when applied and dong when removed also check the voltage with a multimeter?

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The doorbell chirps when someone gets close, it's taking a picture. Is there a way to adjust the audio level of the chirp? Wife is getting really annoyed that it goes off every time we use the door. Made a few trips to the car after shopping and it kept chirping loudly. :lol:

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The doorbell chirps when someone gets close, it's taking a picture. Is there a way to adjust the audio level of the chirp? Wife is getting really annoyed that it goes off every time we use the door. Made a few trips to the car after shopping and it kept chirping loudly. :lol:
Are you using iphone or android?

mikemod

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info in this thread, my configuration is using the Byron 771 and a 24VAC Transformer.

I also left the supplied resistor in series connected to Terminal 0 on the Byron, the other end connected to the Hikvision.
The Hikvision then connects to one end of the transformer.
The other end of the transformer then connects to Terminal 3 on the Byron.

All seems to work perfectly with a "Ding" "Dong" on each button press.

mikemod

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried it without it and it only goes "DING" and looks like it is driven quite hard one way
With the resistor added it goes "DING,"DONG" so just left it in.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using an iPhone.
iOS have not this choice.i use both iOS and Android and from android you can change the sound and the volume. With iOS only schedule and disable.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

RikP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all again, i was able to go to Hikvision firmware from RCA thank you all for the help.

one issue i am experiencing now is that it gets stuck in reboot loop and then gives up.
I looked at the logs and it seems like it is kept on rebooting with a message of Local: Abnormal Shutdown and right before that i see Network Disconnected exception and then shutdown.
It seems like it disconnects from WiFi then shuts down but is it normal if it disconnects from the network, it would reboot? The problem is it gets stuck in the loop of reboot then eventually it does not boot up. I have to physically disconnect the power and connect it back then it starts up.
Every night i see that when i wake up in morning the camera is dead usually. I was wondering if anyone has seen this or not?
Camera HSDB1, Firmware: V1.4.62 build 180809
Thank you for your help

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all again, i was able to go to Hikvision firmware from RCA thank you all for the help.

one issue i am experiencing now is that it gets stuck in reboot loop and then gives up.
I looked at the logs and it seems like it is kept on rebooting with a message of Local: Abnormal Shutdown and right before that i see Network Disconnected exception and then shutdown.
It seems like it disconnects from WiFi then shuts down but is it normal if it disconnects from the network, it would reboot? The problem is it gets stuck in the loop of reboot then eventually it does not boot up. I have to physically disconnect the power and connect it back then it starts up.
Every night i see that when i wake up in morning the camera is dead usually. I was wondering if anyone has seen this or not?
Camera HSDB1, Firmware: V1.4.62 build 180809
Thank you for your help
First you need to check your power adapter if ist ok with the output Ampere.The doorbel needs minimum 0.6A (15Watt).If the power adapter is 1A and going too hot it can be from the power adaptor.

RikP

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, i have not gotten a chance to measure the Watts but i disconnected chime and only connected the camera from transformer without resistor yesterday and its still up and running.
So you still think PSU might be too hot?