Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I have been thinking of replacing my Conlan door access system with Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME (+DS-KD-KP+DS-KD-M). I'm new to Hikvision so I have few questions.

-Is the indoor unit compulsory, e.g. DS-KH8350-WTE1?
-Is it possible to use analog doorbell or chime together with DS-KD8003-IME, i.e. when the call button is pressed, an analog doorbell would chime?

Any help would be appreciated.

loni66

n3wb
Reaction score
Happy New Year to All,
I'm trying to setup my new system with a Door Station: KD8003-IME1, a Indoor Station DS-KH8350-WTE1 and a NVR DS-7616NI-Q2/16P. Connection through PoE.
I'm setting this up through i-VMS-4200.
My problem: Door Station KD8003-IME1 is always offline.
When I go through the wizard on the indoor station, in step 4/4 related components, the Door Station doesn't show up.

Indoor Station and NVR are both online and activated.
Who can help me with this issue? I have tried everything but without success so far.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could be a problem with your network cable. Are you running latest firmware?

Also Hikvision gate and indoor stations can be picky about which POE port they will cooperate with so try switching them around, making sure to keep both devices in ports 1 and 2.

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had similar problem a while ago and in my case the problem was wrong password. I was somewhat confused about username/password so I didn't pay enough attention when setting up KD8003-IME1. Check also the firmware.

loni66

n3wb
Reaction score
Could be a problem with your network cable. Are you running latest firmware?

Also Hikvision gate and indoor stations can be picky about which POE port they will cooperate with so try switching them around, making sure to keep both devices in ports 1 and 2.
How can I update the firmware if I can't even connect to it since it's not online?
Regarding PoE, I have the Indoor Station on port#1 and the gate station on port #3. Which should I put on #1 and which one on #2?

loni66

n3wb
Reaction score
I had similar problem a while ago and in my case the problem was wrong password. I was somewhat confused about username/password so I didn't pay enough attention when setting up KD8003-IME1. Check also the firmware.
At what time do I have to put the username and password on the KD8003-IME1 door station? I connect it to the PoE but nothing happens. Do I have to go through the "add offline" devices setup? If yes what parameters do I have to use my IP or the default IP of the door station?

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Click Edit button under Operations tab, see attached picture. You need to add the device using "add offline".

My problem was that I had forgotten the admin password which I had given when I made setup for KD8003 in the first place. Once I figured it out and typed it, my KD8003 was online.

I wonder whether you have a keypad as a sub unit. I would like to make my keypad silent (i.e. no tone when a button is pressed) but haven't figured out it yet.

I gave up iVMS4200 and I'm using Blue Iris which is lot easier to setup. I never got recording (videos, pictures)) working when a motion alarm was triggered.

Attachments

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How can I update the firmware if I can't even connect to it since it's not online?
Regarding PoE, I have the Indoor Station on port#1 and the gate station on port #3. Which should I put on #1 and which one on #2?
I would put the gate station on port 1 and the indoor station on port 2. Have you tested the gate station cable?

There's a comprehensive Youtube setup tutorial here.

If you still can't see the gate station, get it exchanged.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed my kd8003, with keypad and cardreader plus my indoor station today, and it seems everything is working as expected. Was just wondering if anyone has found a way to add IP cameras to the indoor station which are not from Hikvision?
I have a couple of Dahua's, but I can't get the Hikvision KH-8350 to show them.

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
I also bought the DS-KD8003-IME.
I was able to get it up and running (and updated) and changed the netword protocol to SIP because I don't want to have a hikvision indoor station with its limited functionality.
I then made a SIP server with FreePBX, witch only the ulaw and x264 codecs enabled. Afterwords I set up some softphones with only those codecs enabled.
I changed the IME1 settings to call the correct extension and connect to the sip server.

When I push the button of the doorbell, I hear it ringing and my softphone gets an incoming video call. When I answer it, the softphone says call is in progress but I have no sound or audio. The doorbell just continues ringing for a minute or so until it times out.
When I let 2 softphones videocall each other, everthing works fine. I tried changing the call station to another softphone with the same problem. I tried running the PBX server on a raspberry pi and on a virtual machine with same results.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my Ds-KD8003-IME1/DS-KH6320WTE combo today, i replaced a dahua vto2111-d that never worked for me, everythink worked without problems, except for one particular the seller gently did the setup for me, and i appreciate it, but having just made the configuration i had no chance to set passwords, for the Kh6320 i discovered that 888999 is working, but when i try to modify settings in ds-kd8003 it request me username and password, i tried with admin/admin or 888999 like the internal display but with no luck.....
Does anybody know if there is a default password or even the hikvision email address where i can request the password reset? Thanks in advance.

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
giangievo, see my post #127. I think my initial problem is the same you are having. It's not quite clear to me where you have tried to put your username/password. If you are using iVMS4200 then your devices should show up as "offline". I had forgotten the admin password and therefore my devices were offline. When I figured out which password I had used in the first place the devices came "online".

Last edited:

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies...... I did not note your post, but i think situation is the same as you, in IVMS it shows as offline, obviously no chance add it without username and password....Without them no chance to add the doorbell to Blue Iris and IVMS, even changing timestamp that actually tells 01-01-1970 is not possible..... For me situation is a little bit more complicated than yours as i received the doorbell just configured, so the password was set by the vendor, i guess, i will try to contact him....

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, you need to get the username (admin) and password from the vendor. Otherwise you can't setup the Hikvision system. I'm sure you will like the system once you get the password sorted out. It's really cool. Good luck.

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved right now, vendor gave me the password, so now everything is ok, thank you for help....... Now i have only one strange problem, when i open the electric door lock the system opens 27 times(!!!!!!:eek:), maybe something has to be configured.....

Railgun

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy all. I've just (finally) started the process of upgrading my door entry setup. The first step being to swap out my old BPT intercom that was all but useless with this and, at least for now, the KH6320.

Everything seems good to go, but I have a more technical spec question with regards to this camera. Within its configuration under iVMS, it claims I can run up to a bitrate of 16Mb. However, anything over 10Mb when attempting to live view will result in an initial still frame, if not after some delay, and another every 30+ seconds or at some random interval.

The question is, simply, is the configuration option within iVMS incorrect in that it shouldn't be there? In other words, the unit can't support that high of a bit rate? Or perhaps is there another issue?

Yes, I'm running the latest FW, in this case it's 2.0.8. I'm running the latest iVMS; 3.2.0.10. I have the cameras on an isolated VLAN, though with my desktop client on the same network, no difference is seen.

I'm curious to know what others have seen in this regard.

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
Inspecting on problem that the electric door lock relay seems to open 27 times the lock before stopping, i found the open duration time in the setup page of the doorbell on IVMS, as default there is no time set, so putting a value of 1 or 2 seconds should solve the problem, but when i try to save i receive an error "HCNetSDK.dll" error 29, and can't save the setting. Anyone experienced this problem? Google tells me it's something about windows 10, but not sure about what i have to do......

Railgun

n3wb
Reaction score
When I push the button of the doorbell, I hear it ringing and my softphone gets an incoming video call. When I answer it, the softphone says call is in progress but I have no sound or audio. The doorbell just continues ringing for a minute or so until it times out.
When I let 2 softphones videocall each other, everthing works fine. I tried changing the call station to another softphone with the same problem. I tried running the PBX server on a raspberry pi and on a virtual machine with same results.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
I assume the softphones are on the same network, and potentially the same network as the PBX? Is the doorbell on the same network as the PBX/phones or did you split it off? I'd expect that behavior if you have them on different VLANs and there are some restrictions in place.

tristan.p

n3wb
Reaction score
hey, I installed my new DS-KD8003-IME2 with DS-KH6320-WTE1 and DS-KAD706. All works fine. But the KD8003 station is making noise all the time. Is this normal? Greats!