Hikvision DS9016HFI-ST Corrupted firmware

Reaction score
Good day,
I have a 9016HFI-ST that corrupted its firmware during an update, which disabled the USB ports. It now will not accept another firmware, even when using Hyperterminal and TFTP as it fails the cross check with the corrupt firmware.
Hikvision want the machine back, but all I want to do is force the firmware across.
Any ideas please?
Cheers

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It now will not accept another firmware, even when using Hyperterminal and TFTP as it fails the cross check with the corrupt firmware.
Is this via the 'serial console'?
If so - that's usually the place of last resort.
If it doesn't work from there, it may be that you need to let Hikvision look at it.

I could speculate that they may be interested in finding out if one of their 'unrollback' (sic) checks is having an undesirable effect.
When changing firmware via that route, it shouldn't matter a jot what's already there, corruption or not.

Reaction score
Is this via the 'serial console'?
If so - that's usually the place of last resort.
If it doesn't work from there, it may be that you need to let Hikvision look at it.

I could speculate that they may be interested in finding out if one of their 'unrollback' (sic) checks is having an undesirable effect.
When changing firmware via that route, it shouldn't matter a jot what's already there, corruption or not.
Thanks Alastiar,

Yes it was via the serial console.

I was hoping not to have to send it back, but the local distributor have already said Hikvision factory is the last resort and was suggesting they may just swap out the motherboard. My issue is that it is out of warranty and a simple firmware update causing the issue is not something that it easy to get a customer to pay for!

Cheers
Robert