Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

marvel

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hiktools utility can change the language flag on a firmware file so that it would not be rejected by a camera or NVR with a 'Language mismatch' error. This would allow you to load an EN or ML firmware file.
But it does not change the language flag that's configured within the flash memory of the camera or NVR.
Thanks for taking your time to look at my post. Yes, I knew that this tool only change the language in the firmware but not the region code in the flash of the NVR. I had already tried 4 different versions of english/ML firmware of 7204HWI-SH including "whoslooking" mentioned baseline firmware and I had applied the correct command "hiktools lang digicap.dav 2" with correct magic number verified. The NVR does take that firmware without the "Language Mismatch", however after the update, NVR can not load the console menu any more(mouse cursor not appear as well, right click nothing happen, the "No Video Input" still in Chinese) or can not access from web interface neither. SADP seeing its IP though with correct loaded modified firmware.

Any other way to change the console menu language? Trying to follow this instruction 'http://diyservice.blogspot.com.tr/2014/12/hikvision-ds-7108n-sn.html' of editing file "1024x768.cfg" but stuck with packing it back to NVR with tar & lzma as NVR not recognize it with its internal tar command.

Many thanks,
Marvel

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for taking your time to look at my post. Yes, I knew that this tool only change the language in the firmware but not the region code in the flash of the NVR. I had already tried 4 different versions of english/ML firmware of 7204HWI-SH including "whoslooking" mentioned baseline firmware and I had applied the correct command "hiktools lang digicap.dav 2" with correct magic number verified. The NVR does take that firmware without the "Language Mismatch", however after the update, NVR can not load the console menu any more(mouse cursor not appear as well, right click nothing happen, the "No Video Input" still in Chinese) or can not access from web interface neither. SADP seeing its IP though with correct loaded modified firmware.

Any other way to change the console menu language? Trying to follow this instruction 'http://diyservice.blogspot.com.tr/2014/12/hikvision-ds-7108n-sn.html' of editing file "1024x768.cfg" but stuck with packing it back to NVR with tar & lzma as NVR not recognize it with its internal tar command.

Many thanks,
Marvel

Try log in via the webpage and from there restore defaults, normally I find after updating a NVR after the first boot it's not all English as it's still held in memory.
Restoring defaults or pulling the power cord for a few minutes normally clears this.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
7204HWI-SH is not a model I'm familiar with.
It's almost like it's the wrong firmware for the hardware, given the partially working symptoms.
You have tried 4 different firmware versions. You therefore have probably tried these - can you check?

Any of these 3
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-72 73 HWI-SH HFI-SH 72HVI-SV DS-73 81 24-ch 32-ch DS-7200HWI-Ex_C/

And second from the bottom on page 2
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89_p2.html

And these 4
ftp://hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_DVR_Firmware/DS-72xx&73xxHWI-SH 960H DVR/

Brenner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It could be, just try it not all 01/2015 will loop, if it does just go back to 5.2.5
Hello,

today I tried to flash my 2332 from January 2015, delivered with 5.2.5. It fails :sad2: with different solutions. Sometimes it falls in reboot loop, sometimes it is still pingable (on 192.0.0.64) but didn´t react with the GUI. So I take the 5.2.5 and TFTP it and "everything" is like before. The diffence now is that I lost multilanguage and now it is completly in chinese speach.

Brenner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there no way yet to get a 5.1.6 to actual model. Doesn´t matter which language!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there no way yet to get a 5.1.6 to actual model. Doesn´t matter which language!
I have posted the working 5.1.6 Full English, most version of manufacturing dates 2015/01 won't work with anything less than 5.2.5 The chinese have found a way but most have faults with them.

phil

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone try it with Baseline Firmware_IPC_En_V5.3.0 150327 on 2xx2 ?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone try it with Baseline Firmware_IPC_En_V5.3.0 150327 on 2xx2 ?
Yes, only works with mtd hack pre 5.2.5 or Orginal region EU/USA china model cause a brick ( can be recovered though)

androtto

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR TV Interface fixed
OK all now tested 7108n/sn 3.10 multi-Language firmware.
It will allow you to upgrade from 3.07 / 3.10 to 3.10 from usb or web. To Replace the Chinese only TV Interface with your own choice of language.
[...]
thanks a lot
it does work!
bye
A

marvel

n3wb
Reaction score
Try log in via the webpage and from there restore defaults, normally I find after updating a NVR after the first boot it's not all English as it's still held in memory.
Restoring defaults or pulling the power cord for a few minutes normally clears this.
Hi whoslooking, I managed to change the conf file to english following the guild from ItuneDVR. It was my TFTP server problem leading to the tar extract problem. However, this still a temp fix unless to change the region code in the NVR.

I have write a bash script if anyone interest to use it(not very professional but same you a bit of time). Usage: hiknvr.sh <original app.tar.lzma from NVR> <model number>. Tested on FW version <= 3.1.1 on DS-7204HW-SH, DS 7604N-SHT/P and DS-8632N-ST

Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [ -z "$1" ]; then
	echo "No argument supplied"
	echo "Usage: hiknvr.sh <targetfile> <modelnumber>"
	exit 1
else

FILE=$2".ori."$1

if [ -e $2".ori."$1 ]; then
	rm -rf $2".ori."$1
fi

mv $1 $2".ori."$1

if [ -d "hikfw" ]; then
	rm -rf hikfw
fi

mkdir hikfw
tar xf $2".ori."$1 -C hikfw
echo "....file extra completed."
cd hikfw
awk '{if (/_cap0=/) {print $0; gsub("_cap0=","_cap1="); print $0} else {if (! /_cap1=/) print $0}}' 1024x768.cfg >> test.cfg
rm 1024x768.cfg
mv test.cfg 1024x768.cfg
find | sudo xargs chmod 777
find | sudo xargs chown nobody:nogroup
tar -cpvf app.tar *
chmod 777 app.tar
chown nobody:nogroup app.tar
lzma --lzma1 -zc app.tar >> app.tar.lzma
rm -rf app.tar
chown nobody:nogroup app.tar.lzma
chmod 777 app.tar.lzma
mv app.tar.lzma ~/$2"EN.app.tar.lzma"
cd ..
rm -rf hikfw
echo "Done! Origin firmware rename to "$2".ori."$1" and new firmware is "$2"EN.app.tar.lzma"

fi
Many thanks for all of your people's help.
Marvel

Last edited by a moderator:

infor4ik

n3wb
Reaction score
This method does not work with fw 5.3 (on chinese dev)
How can i replace IEfile.tar.gz?
Telnet was deleted and ssh circumcised.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I bought camera 2CD3310 fimawere V5.2.3 build 141,024,I have all menù in Chinese ,how in change in English ? Thank you all for the help.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I bought camera 2CD3310 fimawere V5.2.3 build 141,024,I have all menù in Chinese ,how in change in English ? Thank you all for the help.
Just use the 5.2.0 or 5.1.6 firmware that will make you Full English

infor4ik

n3wb
Reaction score
I hurried %)
This program decompresses the firmware on the disk..
Now I need to use GZip with LZMA 23 level compression, because 7z can't support it :(
IEfile.tar -> login.js -> /*$(this).parent().remove();*/
That's all for 5.3 and over.. i think

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
link modified firmware 5.2.0 Multilinguage:

https://yadi.sk/d/DwkkYz-Ug85va

Based IPC_3320_CN_STD_5.2.0_140928 DS-2CD3210 (D) -I3 (5), DS-2CD3220 (D) -I3 (5), DS -2CD3310 (D) I, DS-2CD3320 (D) -I, DS-2CD3410FD- IW, DS-2CD3Q10FD-IW

tested OK on DS-2CD3310D-I Chinese version

Attachments