Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried split-create with f/w 5.3.0 build 1505013 for 2xx2 and the update process via web interface keeps getting failed. If I don't make any changes to the source files and just pack them again, it works. But any, even small change in any of the files (like adding an empty line in initrun.sh) make the resulting dav file unusable. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

BTW, there is no uImage in original 5.3.0, but hImage, so the resulting file order is different from what is specified in release notes.

Anyway, it's a great tool :)

IPC_R2_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip

contains the uImage.
Perhaps in some other firmware it does not contain. Then it is not used for sorting.

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But any, even small change in any of the files (like adding an empty line in initrun.sh) make the resulting dav file unusable. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?
I think you're incorrect pack app.img after modification. It CRAMFS image.

kamokr

n3wb
Reaction score
IPC_R2_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip

contains the uImage.
Perhaps in some other firmware it does not contain. Then it is not used for sorting.
This one has hImage inside:
IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip

I've tried the following:
1. split the firmware
2. created mod_digicap.dav without modifying any file
3. modified initrun.sh by deleting one empty line and adding it elsewhere - the checksum stays the same, because it is a simple sum32
4. created second firmware mod2_digicap.dav - it has the same checksum, since the file sizes are same and their sum32 checksums are also same
Result: mod_digicap.dav uploads fine, mod2_digicap.dav upload fails.

I can't figure out what is wrong.

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This one has hImage inside:
IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip

I've tried the following:
1. split the firmware
2. created mod_digicap.dav without modifying any file
3. modified initrun.sh by deleting one empty line and adding it elsewhere - the checksum stays the same, because it is a simple sum32
4. created second firmware mod2_digicap.dav - it has the same checksum, since the file sizes are same and their sum32 checksums are also same
Result: mod_digicap.dav uploads fine, mod2_digicap.dav upload fails.

I can't figure out what is wrong.
Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/dq98sgjv5552ftm/hiktools05R1.exe?dl=0

kamokr

n3wb
Reaction score
That was quick! I can see that the file order is fixed, but the resulting firmware is still rejected when upgrading via web browser. However, I was able to upload it with TFTP and it works just fine.

Anyway, thanks for help!

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That was quick! I can see that the file order is fixed, but the resulting firmware is still rejected when upgrading via web browser. However, I was able to upload it with TFTP and it works just fine.

Anyway, thanks for help!
In order to understand why the firmware is rejected through a browser, I need hardware. And I have no camera or NVR now. )

hiktools 05R1

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread I have update my NVR to english. Can anybody help me and provide firmware or modified one for camera DS-2CD3T20-I5? Maybe it's similar to DS-2CD3220-I5 but I am not sure.

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cannot use this solution for my chinese Hikvision DS-2CD3410FD-IW with 5.3.0 firmware?

onetech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I m looking too...for 3410 solution working with ezviz ((

Morkon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I try to customize 3.1.3 firmware for DS7208. Extracted CRAMFS image with HIKTools but couldn't unpack lzma files. Are they encrypted? Did anyone succeed to extract archives?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are not encrypted, but an unrecognised format, this is the new challenge.

azn-tuan86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Will it work for a DS-2CD3942F-I camera with 5.2.1 build 141120 firmware?

Thanks

Reaction score
Using tftp is a safe way to try 5.1.6
This firmware is safe and tested it won't brick your camera, the worst that will happen is a shutdown loop, If that happens your camera is one of the newer 5.2.x camera's. To fix the loop just re tftp 5.2.5 back to the camera.
This didn't work for me. I have ip camera DS-2CD2332-I, but 5.1.6 won't install. In fact, I can't even ping the camera after trying. I always have to revert back to 5.2.5. I also tried to upgrade to 5.3 on the U.S. site and it wouldn't take.

Reaction score
2 All

New version 05R of hiktools avaible.
Added support for file order, based on 5.3.0
Test it!
I tested it and couldn't upgrade from 5.2.5 to 5.30. I did change the language of the dav file to "2" per the instructions. Looks like I am stuck with Chinese.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tested it and couldn't upgrade from 5.2.5 to 5.30. I did change the language of the dav file to "2" per the instructions. Looks like I am stuck with Chinese.
Use my custom downgrader to take you back to english 5.2.5,
you can't upgrade a 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 to 5.3.0 for some reason this was a design fault by Hikvision.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use my custom downgrader to take you back to english 5.2.5,
you can't upgrade a 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 to 5.3.0 for some reason this was a design fault by Hikvision.
Am I reading this right, I cant use this tool to upgrade my cams to 5.3.0 from 5.2.5?

onetech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, have find solution for write back mtd files on 3410 china ? If I connect a serial 232 you think is possible ? I ear with the new producion not is possible downgrade under 5.30, you know it ?