Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone that wants to take a crack at the newer protection algorithms IS going to first take a look at the previous algorithms and first learn from that. From that perspective, the work posted by cybergibbons is another resource that I'm sure will be invaluable.
The only thing I'm willing to tell you now - in this case, knowledge of the previous algorithm does not matter to break existing. I know what I'm saying. And you should be listening to this.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just use the one 1 posted for you, not the one on the Chinese site.

It's version 3.07 multi-language both region camera's supported.

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
Just use the one 1 posted for you, not the one on the Chinese site.

It's version 3.07 multi-language both region camera's supported.
well, V3.07 installed.

Now how I can activate the cameras? , what should I do or edit to make the cameras online?

should I connect the NVR with modem while I tried or not?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now how I can activate the cameras?
If it really is 'camera activation', access the camera's web GUI and follow the prompts to create the required strong password.
Then confirm you can log in to the camera OK, and apply the same password to the camera entry in the NVR when you add it.

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
If it really is 'camera activation', access the camera's web GUI and follow the prompts to create the required strong password.
Then confirm you can log in to the camera OK, and apply the same password to the camera entry in the NVR when you add it.
On web GUI - Camera management - status for all cameras which are connected is " Offline(Network Abnormal) "
How can I solve this problem?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On web GUI - Camera management - status for all cameras which are connected is " Offline(Network Abnormal) "
How can I solve this problem?
You access the camera directly, NOT through the NVR, you will have to plug your camera into your router then from your PC change then password.
or do it through SADP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huthaifa

n3wb
Reaction score
You access the camera directly, NOT through the NVR, you will have to plug your camera into your router then from your PC change then password.
or do it through SADP.
I tried many times still not working, so I ask the supplier and he told me: use chinese firmware and now all cameras are working but my NVR on Chinese language -_-

lyjacool

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I bought camera 2CD3310 fimawere V5.3.0 build 150327,I have all menu in Chinese ,how in change in English ? Thank you all for the help.Send for me,mail : ondinh@vuhoangtelecom.vn

wuwku

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the firmware in my signature below, you should be able to use the web gui to update as your on the same firmware, if not you'll have to tftp it on.
Hi, do you have something like that only for ds-7116 n/sn for ch=>english?
7104/7108 firmware not fit it =(

Offical site now already haven't firmwares for it,
there i read like some one take 3.0.10 and with hiktools do english interfase, please give link to EU 3.0.10 (3.0.7) or pached version.

Tnx

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Multi-language firmware and various versions here:
Europe-East
GUI: English, Polish, Czech, Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian, Greek, Serbian, Slovak, Croatian, Slovenian
WEB: English
Europe-South
GUI: English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Spanish, French
WEB: English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Spanish, French
Europe-West
GUI: English, Dutch, French, German, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian
WEB: English
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7100NI-SN/

wuwku

n3wb
Reaction score

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-7108N-SN/P with version 3.13 " English Language "
The cameras working only on chinese
firmware !
How can I fix that?

/

DS-2CD3120F-I & DS-2CD3T20-I3
Works fine with Chinese firmware only, V 5.3.1

Your NVR stayed inside chinese. Apparently the firmware 3.13 to check that the language of the cameras was the same as in the NVR.

Therefore, either the camera must be chinese. Or recorder "should be" inside English. )

nifty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a DS-2CD3345-I, but it's currently in Chinese (I bought it knowing it would be in Chinese). The camera is currently running V5.3.3 build 150613, and I am aware that I cannot use this firmware tool to downgrade it.
But I was wondering if someone could help me get the camera in English. A number of people seem to have this camera with English menus.
I looked for firmware on Hikivision's European site, but given this camera is specifically for China, I didn't see it on there.

Could someone tell me how to convert the firmware into English (or upload the English/ML version of it)?

Thanks!

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
@nifty
I just received mine in multi-language. I just select which language I want at login.
V5.3.3 build 150514
V7.1 build 150613

Do you think that these would work for you?

nifty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi boounga,

That would be awesome! Oddly, enough, my camera (not multi-language - Chinese only) is V5.3.3 build 150613.

What I don't know is how to dump the firmware. I thought someone (forgive me, I can't remember) said that the firmware is protected? But if you can get me a copy of your running firmware, that would be great!

Thanks!

boounga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi boounga,

That would be awesome! Oddly, enough, my camera (not multi-language - Chinese only) is V5.3.3 build 150613.

What I don't know is how to dump the firmware. I thought someone (forgive me, I can't remember) said that the firmware is protected? But if you can get me a copy of your running firmware, that would be great!

Thanks!
Well I've never done any of this before, this is my first camera. Maybe someone can chime in on this?