Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Baudrate is okay. Looks like a Grounding problem for me.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You think that maybe connected to +5v instead of GND ?
Plausible. That would certainly mess up the signal levels.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

LeGenDz

n3wb
Reaction score
Would I be able to upgrade the firmware on my chinese (english language) NVR with this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In principle, yes.
BUT - you'd be entering a quagmire in terms of the likely outcome. Almost anything is possible, depending on the existing firmware, bootloader, new firmware, NVR region, model etc etc.
Probably best not to do this unless you are experienced and prepared for a challenge.

LeGenDz

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to find out if I have an official US version or converted Chinese one? I'm most likely assuming it isn't US but just to make sure?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Check for the letters in the serial number, eg CCCH (Chinese), AARR, CCWR (Overseas) from what I recall, and others that i forget.

LeGenDz

n3wb
Reaction score
Chinese region cameras have a CH in the serial number.

International and USA region cameras will have a WR in the serial number.
Neither..? 0820151110CCRR553040051WCVU is the serial number.

I read that you can tell if it came in a brown box or retail box and this came in a retail box but I'm still skeptical. (Bought it off amazon prime - shipped from a local warehouse)

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's not Chinese.
Cannot be sure, and it may actually be Chinese. I had a Chinese DVR with RR region code and Chinese language code (which was permanently changed to US/English and it now happily takes US firmware).
Technically,they are all Chinese, regardless of he region code and language code. :)

I'll post a new thread explaining how to read serial numbers

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After failed tftp attempts, i am trying to recover my nvr by making serial connection..
i have received the usb to TTL thing, with the cable.
So now i want to connect it to the nvr ( 7608N E2 )in order
to establish a connection with putty, but the pins dont fit the 4pin
small connector.

On the board, there is another white, 4 pin connector, which is
bigger. There is a cable connected there, which goes to the front panel.
Where do i have to connect the pins to?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/km4g02udfy2r8tf/20160722_234316.jpg?dl=0

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There are some links to the needed connectors in this post:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6356-Manual-Create-console-serial-access-to-Hikvision-DS-2CD2032F-I?highlight=uart+manual
here is another usful post
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2666-UART-connection-to-recover-Hik-cameras?highlight=uart
The required connector on the board in your picture is the white one to the left of the middle of the barcode, just below the vertical row of capacitors and PSU inductors marked '100'.

goshi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I'm have the IP cam DS-2CD3Q10FD-IW V.5.3.0_150513 Mfg: 11/2015 Chinese version I would change to be English version, Could you please help me the share how to change to English with step by step details? I 'm newbie. Thank you,

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Alastairstevenson for the reply. I have checked the links. But i cant find the connector which will fit that little connector on my board. Do you maybe have a link where i can buy it? i searched for 4 pin molex connector, but thats giving me another result.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible, that hikvision, somehow changed something in the NEW firmware files, so that this language changer isnt working anymore? because i have done this succesfully before with some older nvr and firmware. But this time it failed while trying to update from 3.3.4 to 3.4.62 ( and in dos command the language became 2 ) so that went ok..and looks like gilnash had the same thing. Unfortunately TFTP also cannot fix it afterwards So maybe if this is the case, it would be good to edit first post, and write a warning, so that other users dont fall in same mistake.
Now i am waiting for serial cable as last hope

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible, that hikvision, somehow changed something in the NEW firmware files
Well, they have certainly changed a lot inside the new firmware, but Hiktools still works OK with NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.62_160503 firmware.

Now i am waiting for serial cable as last hope
For what? What's the problem?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After around 12 beeps ,it reboots.. same process repeats.
This is likely to be the complaint about a region mismatch in the NVR firmware version (internal to the firmware, not in the wrapper header) versus the region of the NVR.
That does not mean that Hiktools no longer works with that 3.4.62 version, it does.