Hikvision live view not working when accessed on browser

Pink Door

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Hikvision DS-7104HGHI-E1 installed. I have been trying to see Live view on the web broswer and have tried all three (chrome, firefox & IE) and all of them are showing blank pages. I am able to access other setting of the Dvr and I am also able to playback the recording but cannot see the live view. Please see the screenshot.

I have installed all the required plug ins but its still the same, even in IE. I am accessing this over my wifi network.

Any help from anyone will be much appreciated. It is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a really dumb question for which apologies:
Have you tried a couple of things -
Select single-camera view and click the camera icon in the camera list top left, trying with both the main stream and the substream selections?
Multi-view by default uses the substream, maybe that's not suitably available.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same issue for me, I just discovered.

Likely has something to do with Hikvision's unsigned WebComponents plug-in ... which is now being blocked by default in browsers, without an easy way to override it, at least such is the case here with Firefox 55.

Solving it may require Hikvision to sign their plugins to comply with browser security.
Or using an older browser version, which one does not update, just specifically for dealing with the security cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Likely has something to do with Hikvision's unsigned WebComponents plug-in ... which is now being blocked by default in browsers, without an easy way to override it, at least such is the case here with Firefox 55
Hikvision's unsigned WebComponents plug-in
What version are you using? There are quite a few around.
I am also able to playback the recording but cannot see the live view
Would that not also affect the ability to play back recordings?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm using IE11.608.XXX ... Live View still works fine here over the browser. What version of IE are you guys using? Certainly doesn't work on Chrome, but that's been the case for a while.

wheelz

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem here, been working fine for year or 2 now cant view using browser. Cams can be seen using iVMS-4200 and on phone but when using 192.168 browser nothing works anymore .

Last edited:

baltomare1

n3wb
Reaction score
Just throwing an idea out there but have you tried adding the link to your camera to the I.E. Compatibility list to see if that works? Or to the safe sites?

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of things brings me to a really good point. I love Hikvision cameras and the various rebrands (etc). Incredible, for both video quality and bang for the buck.

That said, they need to get their ass in gear and redesign how web access is done, pronto. It has long been known that they way that Hik delivers video via the web is a security hole. Browser after browser has been blocking the protocol, and as icerabbit mentioned, without an easy work around available. In police work, we call this a "clue."

Really time for Hik to stop forcing us to run to different browsers and instead create a method of web access that is compliant with modern protocols.

wildlifecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry to bounce an old thread but having this problem after downloading and installing components. Is there a work around with any browser that runs on windows 10?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a work around with any browser that runs on windows 10?
Not so much a workaround, but a requirement to use IE11 with the Webcomponents plugin installed. IE11 is still available in Win10.
The default browser, Edge, does not support these types of plugins.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1 for making certain to use IE and NOT Edge in Win10

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i have a number of cameras that require web components. I have to uninstall web components, then select the camera I want to view directly and install web components. It appears that web components for different cameras is not compatible with each other.

Try Pale Moon 32bit browser.

I no long view cameras directly, it is a big PIA.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i have a number of cameras that require web components. I have to uninstall web components, then select the camera I want to view directly and install web components. It appears that web components for different cameras is not compatible with each other.
That's not something I've seen with Hikvision - never had a need to mess with webcomponents between different cameras.
Are you referring to Hikvision?

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so Live View was working in Chrome in an IE browser extension. Then the NVR got reset and it all stopped working. I checked the NVR and it was alive, but had a popup menu showing. So I closed the popup and confirmed the network address. I was getting the page is unreachable. I launched IVMS4200 and managed to get the NVR online through trial and error. This let me log into the NVR through the browser, but Live View just displays blank pages. I also only see one camera in Hik Connect, I gather this is a recording issue?

At least I can see everything in the IVMS4200 now, after a few YouTube searches and some p[laying.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought -
If the NVR stopped working after a reset, but you found it again and reached the login page, maybe it's set for DHCP and the LAN ip address changed.
Maybe the popup that you closed was the browser asking if you wanted to allow the webcomponents plugin, on the new IP address.
No plugin allowed=no video.