HikVision mobile app help off Wifi

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all
After a long day I have finally got to DVR viewer and playback to work on wifi, for some reason I still cannot get the app to work outside of my wifi network any suggestions why? Or a way to solve this everytime it tried to load a image just says connection failed thanks in advance.

All ports are forwarded and firmware is up to date

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi all
After a long day I have finally got to DVR viewer and playback to work on wifi, for some reason I still cannot get the app to work outside of my wifi network any suggestions why? Or a way to solve this everytime it tried to load a image just says connection failed thanks in advance.

All ports are forwarded and firmware is up to date
Port forwarding is a serious security vulnerability...setup a vpn...there is a sticky that explains how.

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
When I went all ports forwarded I didn't actually mean every single one lol, I only did it to see if it worked and it didn't, I am Using the new Hik-Connect system but really struggling to get anything to work outside of wifi :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I went all ports forwarded I didn't actually mean every single one lol, I only did it to see if it worked and it didn't, I am Using the new Hik-Connect system but really struggling to get anything to work outside of wifi :(
Stop forwarding ports...

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
As I said I'm not as I only did it to see if it would work over 4G and it doesn't, rather than just critising least help people to get it to work I have been trying for the last 2 days and no joy..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I said I'm not as I only did it to see if it would work over 4G and it doesn't, rather than just critising least help people to get it to work I have been trying for the last 2 days and no joy..
Why waste time Port forwarding when it's not a usable solution? Makes no sense...The fact that you can get ot working further increases your risk...

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
Someone who has no idea about VPN it's confusing even reading that sticky post

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone who has no idea about VPN it's confusing even reading that sticky post
Start learning or pay someone... Would you leave the lock off your home because you are not a locksmith?

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
Mate
I have said I have put them back to how they were and I took your advice on that, so leave it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mate
I have said I have put them back to how they were and I took your advice on that, so leave it
Then why do you keep asking how to so it...You make no sense..

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
I mean how to get my HikVison system viewable from outside of my Wifi! Not port forwarding!!

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
Reason why I don't use this forum.. your supposed to be a staff member yet you give people no help what so ever! As I said I have never done VPN before nor do I have any idea how to set it up

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reason why I don't use this forum.. your supposed to be a staff member yet you give people no help what so ever! As I said I have never done VPN before nor do I have any idea how to set it up
First I don't care if you don't use this forum..I provided the link... You are simply a lazy fuck...No one can help you if you are not willing to do the slightest bit of reading...Go hire a professional...

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I pure love it when people believe that they are entitled to get free help by the very virtue of asking for it.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk