hikvision mobile apps - ivms-4500 / ezviz only work on wifi, not mobile network

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far everything is working well with my camera except for mobile apps on the cellular network. If I am on any wifi network, local or work or even public, the mobile apps work just fine. If I am on verizon's 4g mobile network, I get a connection error. Even on cellular, I can log in to the app via the ezviz cloud and see the camera listed.. It just wont connect. The second I turn wifi on (doesn't matter if its my local wifi, work, or even public) it works great. I could have sworn last week when I set it up, it was working on both.. now this week its not. Any thoughts? I don't see it being a porting issue since the wifi networks outside of the home are coming in on the internet.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
none.. as long as I am on wifi it works.. doesnt matter if its home or not. In fact, I can use the web interface from my desk at the office and it works.. its only the cellular network where it does not work from

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you need to setup a VPN, your cameras are not accessible remotely over internet, only locally (ie your wifi) until you set it up for remote access..

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats my point.. if the phone is on wifi.. doesnt matter where.. office, public.. wherever.. it works. As soon as the phone connects to the mobile network (ie.. verizon 4g) it doesn't work. If the phone is on my work network, its no different then being on the mobile network. I could see if it didnt work on any other wifi outside of the house.. but it does which has me scratching my head. Its almost like the app shuts off if its on the mobile network. Does that make sense?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your mobile provider might be blocking that port, if you try to connect to your camera through the regular web browser what type of error does it give you? Host not found? Connection Refused?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, i think i understand now. OP is not using vpn or forwarding but rather hikvisions ezviz http://www.ezviz7.com/index.html
therefore no VPN or port forward is setup..there is just something not playing nice when ezviz is on the cell network...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oah I see, yeah that sounds about right... since your using ezviz's service for remote access there going to be the ones to ask.. maby they have service issues with some providers.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats what I figured.. cant find any settings anywhere to that effect.. more investigating...

sent an email to hikvision.. will see how it goes.. I am also going to check with someone on att

Last edited by a moderator:

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever find anything out on this? My understanding is that Ezviz is p2p so it doesn't require any port forwarding. I can add my camera, see it when i login, but it always fails to play video (both via the browser and iOS app). iOS app works if I'm on the same network, though.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interestingly enough its just started working..not sure if there was anything I did on my end. It now works on wifi as well as verizons network.

Andy6128

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy,

I am having exactly the same issues, can connect on wifi but not on mobile. Are you up and running now, Iv just tried again and still nothing. Had this issue for around a week.

Andy

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yep.. about a month ago, it just started to work on verizon's network.. I didnt do anything except email hikvision via the ezviz website back in October. Never heard anything from them either.

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe it's related to UPNP. I had this off on my router. I turned it on and it's still not working, but I can see it's gotten farther. Can you tell me what your UPNP settings are on your router? I can see the proper ports forwarded (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/853747/Jing/2015-02-19_1328.png), but still seeing an error when I'm on the camera:

# showUpnp
nat type: 7
IP: 192.168.1.184, nat IP: 174.109.xxx.xxx
cmd port: 9010, nat cmd port: 9010
stream port: 9020, nat stream port: 9020
check upnp from stun: fail

Andy6128

n3wb
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to adjust any of these settings. No port forwarding or advanced router settings need to be changed, I think it's either a problem with the service or we both have the incorrect settings. I have tried everything. I have another recorder tested on a few different sites, P2P different brand and works fine.

Andy

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree. I've gone to default settings on 5.2.0 and 5.2.5 and had no luck being on a network other than the LAN. I'm going back to 5.1.6 on this device and forwarding the port. I can't get push notifications, but at least I have the stability of 5.1.6.

Reaction score
I've experienced the same issue with accessing over mobile network on verizon. I've sent the following support request via email Feb 18, 2015, awaiting response.
----------------------

HIK Support:
HIKvision device up and running - DS-2CD2532F-IS with V5.2.0 build 140721.
I've installed iVMS-4500 and while it successfully streams while on Wi-Fi it does not stream over cellular on iPhone.
I get this error:
"Server exception, 340401"

ezviz iPhone app does the same thing and gives this error:
Failed to play video.(340401)

Notes:

• ezviz account is setup and IPCam device is paired into the account.
  • Using ezviz account with plugin from a web browser works fine.
  • In iVMS-4500 app on iPhone I can stream the IPCam device using port forwarding using "Devices" button. App also works when on WiFi.
  • When try to access "EZVIZ Cloud P2P" in iVMS-4500 app, shows logged in, lists the associated IPCam device and provides option to "Start Live View". Then produces "Server exception, 340401"
  • iPhone is on Verizon cellular network.
  • Searched IPCamTalk, CamIT!, CCTV Forum. Several others have same issue but no replies of help.

What might be the problem with streaming using ezviz over cell network?

Thanks,
Brett Mullins

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Brett, please let us know if you get a response. Have you tried 1) another wireless network not on your home network (like work) and 2) tried logging into EZViz account from a machine not on your home network? I was tinkering last night and website worked from home but not from work (remoted in). Same with the app on my phone - worked locally at home but not on cell or via work wireless.

I've decided just to change the port for each camera, forward the port external, give each camera dns entries on my domain so they resolve internal and from the internet so the app works. I'd really like to get push notifications working since my home-grown app I wrote to do this is a cronjob that does Pushover notifications, but it only runs every 5 minutes.

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't know why, but iPad/iPhone app don't work. Also via WiFi on local lan, also via ezviz. :-(