hikvision mobile apps - ivms-4500 / ezviz only work on wifi, not mobile network

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you getting an "error code 153"? In the app?

Reaction score
Clarification of issue:
From an external network on wifi from iPhone using ezviz app and also iVMS-4500 I can log on to my account, see the paired camera, but can NOT get it to stream. Seems this is not a Verizon Wireless problem but rather an external / remote access issue. Only works when on same network. It seems the intended design of these apps is to be able to access remotely for devices paired to ezviz account. No such luck yet.
Brett Mullins

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New version of the iOS app is out. Can anyone confirm if it works better on 5.2.0? I need more than 1 plane traversal or I'd upgrade and try myself.

Reaction score
Update to iOS app iVMS-4500 working only on LAN, but not on WAN:
HIKvision is a DS-2CD2532F-IS with V5.2.0 build 140721. I've not made any other changes but there is a new version of the app. iVMS-4500 version 4.0.0 (build 20150204) was updated on my iPhone 6 and I've confirmed that it works both on the LAN and when on an outside network over the internet over the WAN. In the list of new features on the app it lists "EZVIZ Cloud P2P". Pretty sure it was there as a feature in the previously release but it now suddenly has starting working (yeah!). Perhaps the feature was not fully implemented before this release.
Sometimes when starting "live view" it does not stream but pressing the refresh circle arrow a second time does then start to stream.
I've also tried the iOS ezviz app - and even though there was no recent app update it too has started streaming successfully over LAN and WAN. ezviz app is version V1.9.2.140812.

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That sounds positive. Now I need to figure out how to get the 5.1.6 features (multiple planes) on 5.2 so I can upgrade my cameras and use this. Appreciate the info!

Dlonra1

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm from the Philippines experiencing same problems with iVMS 4500 V4.0.0 using EZViz P2P Cloud. Sometimes I can but many times I can't stream my cameras connected to a Hikvision Turbo HD DVR with iPhones and iPads... but on Android devices is ok. I can view/stream the video remotely outside of my network or if I'm connected to other wifi zone areas. Also, I have relatives in London and Italy can't remotely view also my cameras using iPhones and iPads... Is there something wrong with the Hikvision cloud services or problems with internet connections here and abroad...any help will be greatly appreciated...

darkz59

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe it's related to UPNP. I had this off on my router. I turned it on and it's still not working, but I can see it's gotten farther. Can you tell me what your UPNP settings are on your router? I can see the proper ports forwarded (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/853747/Jing/2015-02-19_1328.png), but still seeing an error when I'm on the camera:

# showUpnp
nat type: 7
IP: 192.168.1.184, nat IP: 174.109.xxx.xxx
cmd port: 9010, nat cmd port: 9010
stream port: 9020, nat stream port: 9020
check upnp from stun: fail

no, u got it wrong,
ezviz is cloud service presented by hik-vision, u dont need uPnP nor port to be forwarded.
some ppl got the same issue on android, but the ezviz app works like a charms on iOS, the problem mostly occured on android users

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mine stopped working again on mobile data.. wifi still good, no luck with mobile data.. Error code 340017

Dlonra1

n3wb
Reaction score
Our problems now with ezviz and iVMS 4500 was after they made update on their system (adding country/region) this March we can not view our cameras outside the Philippines on iOS and Android...but if we setup the system with port forwarding it can be viewed using any browser on PC and laptop by accessing its external IP... no success if using IP/Domain on iVMS 4500 on iOS and Android also...

ccddcams

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, any idea what is the default IP for this camera please? Thanks very much in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, any idea what is the default IP for this camera please? Thanks very much in advance
Welcome to the forum. If you are referring to hikvision the default ip is 192.0.0.64 if your router is on a different subnet you will need to use hikvisions SADP tool available on their website to change the cameras ip...
Or you can changes the ipv4 settings on your pc temporarily to 192.0.0.1 and connect the pc to the camera directly - or both to a switch...

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone figure this out yet???
i have the same issue. 7 cameras all connected and working perfectly over wifi. The second i use cellular data the images load to 93% and them time out. This occurs in both the ezviz and ivms iPhone app.
I am in australia on the boost mobile network which runs through telstra.

Very weird as it loads all cameras and starts to buffer but stops around the 80-90% mark and then times out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone figure this out yet???
i have the same issue. 7 cameras all connected and working perfectly over wifi. The second i use cellular data the images load to 93% and them time out. This occurs in both the ezviz and ivms iPhone app.
I am in australia on the boost mobile network which runs through telstra.

Very weird as it loads all cameras and starts to buffer but stops around the 80-90% mark and then times out.
Most mobile networks will not give you a routeable external ip address unless you pay. Do the port show as open using canyouseeme.org ?

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will check the ports to see which is open tonight.
Yesterday I connected 3 more cameras.
Two cameras are WORKING over 3G and 4G.
They load quickly in the app while all other cameras buffer and time out once it's loaded to 80 or 90%.
They are exactly the same cameras as my others and the 3rd that isn't working over cellular is a dome camera, others are bullets 2032s.

This does not appear to be a config issue from what I can see but your help is greatly appreciated in the puzzle.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Will check the ports to see which is open tonight.
Yesterday I connected 3 more cameras.
Two cameras are WORKING over 3G and 4G.
They load quickly in the app while all other cameras buffer and time out once it's loaded to 80 or 90%.
They are exactly the same cameras as my others and the 3rd that isn't working over cellular is a dome camera, others are bullets 2032s.

This does not appear to be a config issue from what I can see but your help is greatly appreciated in the puzzle.
if you are using the hikvision 4500 mobile app all you need to forward is port 8000 (the media port)...you will have to change the external port number so that its unique for each camera if you are using more than one hikvision camera.

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The two cameras that are working have no additional config in place just like the other 5.
No additional port config.
Makes no sense to port forward when two work but others don't.
Happy to give it a try though as I want this to work :)

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
here is a screen shot of my mobile phone.
IMG_3570.PNG
in the image you can see the two bottom cameras working over 3g/4g.
the other cameras time out. in the IVMS-4500 iphone app they time out with the error code "340406". one camera on my porch times out with error code "340016"

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok so i think this is definetly a routing issue as some of you have suggested.
I can only get 2 cameras at a time to work on cellular and I think it may be related to UPnP config.

If i turn UPnP off and back some not all of my cameras appear in the port map list of devices registering in UPnP. Its always lists some camera settings that populate and not all 7 cameras, not sure why.
Then if I access IVMS app two cameras work and two of those cameras are those listed in my UPnP screen. Other cameras that are NOT listed in the table are not working over cellular.

I tried turning UPnP off and manually forwarding the ports myself but that doesn't work?

I have now turned UPnP bak on and nothing is registering and no cameras are working at all over cellular arghhh

PS: I have assigned all my cameras static IP's on the LAN. Would that be causing a conflict or issue??

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok so i think this is definetly a routing issue as some of you have suggested.
I can only get 2 cameras at a time to work on cellular and I think it may be related to UPnP config.

If i turn UPnP off and back some not all of my cameras appear in the port map list of devices registering in UPnP. Its always lists some camera settings that populate and not all 7 cameras, not sure why.
Then if I access IVMS app two cameras work and two of those cameras are those listed in my UPnP screen. Other cameras that are NOT listed in the table are not working over cellular.

I tried turning UPnP off and manually forwarding the ports myself but that doesn't work?

I have now turned UPnP bak on and nothing is registering and no cameras are working at all over cellular arghhh

PS: I have assigned all my cameras static IP's on the LAN. Would that be causing a conflict or issue??
latest development almost all cameras are working. Logged into cameras via IP. Checked the nat section for the port map table, any cameras that has automatically assigned a different IP to the section seems to work:
eg:
If the port is set to 8000 but the NAT menu port map state 8079 then its working. I have this set to auto.
Should I change all these to Manual and set my own ports from the IP camera gui? Save me doing it in the router and this way i know they will all use different ports to the default ports??

naseemj

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can connect your NVR for remote view through your laptop or pc but you cannot access live ip camera through Android apps then following configuration will help solve your issue.
Also you can connect through local LAN home ip but outside of house any wifi or mobile data you cannot connect.

For model like Hikvision
Click
1) Configuration
2) Networking
3) Basic Settings
4) NAT
5) Check-in Enable UPnP
6) Save
problem solved.

Visit Link http://www.homeprix.com/connection_filed.jpg