HIKVISION mtd Brick Recovery Guide

mamuli

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: I tried TFTP upgrade using 5.2.3 from HikvisionEurope.com, but it did not complete. It got stuck at "Complete file transmit". I tried 5.3.0 from same site, and a couple from overseas.hikvision.com, but same result. Later, I tied 5.3.0 from www.hikvision.com/cn and that succeeded. However, not the web UI is Chinese and the language ID (from prtHardInfo) is 2.

By reading some other posts I understand that I can downgrade to 5.2.5 and using mtd hack, get UI back to English. Is that right? if yes, which 5.2.5 should I use - CN version or EN version?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can try, but as yet no one has posted they have managed to downgrade to 5.2.5 from 5.3.0 l, but if you manage to do it the mtd hack is what would be needed

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have found ebay seller Seeingtec to be very reliable and also helpfull in supplying the firmware.

Also through Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:

mamuli

n3wb
Reaction score
You can try, but as yet no one has posted they have managed to downgrade to 5.2.5 from 5.3.0 l, but if you manage to do it the mtd hack is what would be needed
Should I use CN version or EN version to downgrade? Any suggestion where can I get these from?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CN version then the mtd hack.
Check my posts and I have it listed on my Dropbox.

mamuli

n3wb
Reaction score
CN version then the mtd hack.
Check my posts and I have it listed on my Dropbox.
Thanks @whoslooking. I will give it a shot later today.

Btw, any idea how the eBay sellers manage to put 5.2.5 on 5.3.0 labeled camera?

Also, is there some way to extract firmware files from a working hacked camera and put into another one? I have another DS-2CD2132F-IS, with 5.2.0 running on it. That was also bought from another Chinese seller on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:

mamuli

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh :)

So there some way to extract firmware files from a working hacked camera and put into another one?

elks

n3wb
Reaction score
HI

I have DS-2CD2432F-I(W) 3MP IR Cube Network Camera Baseline Firmware_IPC_En_V5.2.0 140721 and I upgraded the camera to Baseline Firmware_IPC_En_V5.3.0 150513 (2XX2)(New). After upgrade I can not log in the camera anymore. I did a hard reset and in SADP I can see the camera IP 192.168.1.72 and port 8000. I tried to log in on IE and Google Chrome with this IP: http://192.168.1.72:80 and it is coming an error: Access Error:404=NOT Found, firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib

In SADP I can change IP address and port but I can not log in IE or Chrome

Please help me, thank you

elks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi whoslooking

I upgraded my hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW from firmware 5.20 to firmware 5.30 and know I can not log into camera anymore. I can see camera in SADP , I can change IP address and port but not the password. The password is 12345. I can see the camera on android in TinyCamera Monitor Pro and Onvif Device Manager but I can not do any changes in configuration. On screen I see the date , the day is in chinese. When I want to log in IE and Google Chrome with camera's ip and port ex: http://192.168.1.67:80 is giving a error: [h=2]Access Error: 404 -- Not Found firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib[/h]I contacted the seller an I got TFTP Auto-Update with the firmware 5.2.0 and instruction how use. I followed every step but camera is not connecting to pc's address 192.0.0.128, I waited more than 5 min. every time nothing happened in TFTP server. Digicap.dav is in the same folder with Auto Update TFTP and TFTP Auto-Update is in the root of the computer C:/
I turn off widows firewall etc... but there is not connection between pc's address 192.0.0.128 and camera. I did not save mtd files. I'm not an expert in computer so please can you help me? tell me where I did wrong?
How can I downgrade camera from 5.3.0 to 5.2.0 or 5.2.5? Last year I had the other on of my camera in chinese language only and I was lucky CBX helped me to change in English.
Thank you, any help is welcome

mamuli

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: after coming out of boot loop, I was stuck with 5.3.0 version, but Chinese UI. I tried to put many other firmware but failed. Tried to do mtb hack, but never could connect to the camera via telnet.

At this stage I reached out to my eBay seller and he provided me a firmware, which magically worked. It brought the camera to 5.2.5 version, and English UI. And this 'upgrade' just worked using web UI upgrade.

As part of the upgrade instructions, seller asked me to change my PC's mac address to a specific mac address. I did that before upgrading to that firmware, which obviously worked. However, I could not resist doing the same with my default mac address (yes, I did put Chinese 5.3.0 firmware first) and that worked too. This makes me to believe that the whole magic of being able to downgrade from 5.3.0 to 5.2.5, with English UI is confined in the firmware given by the seller.

Any bright minds want to investigate this magical firmware?

elks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I found the problem. My mistake was that I set 192.0.0.128 in wireless adapter and the camera did not connect to pc's 192.0.0.128. I disabled from start wireless adapter and enable Local Connection with cable and set 192.0.0.128 there and than I connected the cables from PC and camera to router and run TFTP. Know the camera is downgraded from 5.3.0 to 5.2.0

I hope this will help somebody else too

elks

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you are right mamuli, I downgrade from 5.3.0 to 5.2.0 with the firmware given by the seller and the camera has multilanguages, not only Chinese.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: after coming out of boot loop, I was stuck with 5.3.0 version, but Chinese UI. I tried to put many other firmware but failed. Tried to do mtb hack, but never could connect to the camera via telnet.

At this stage I reached out to my eBay seller and he provided me a firmware, which magically worked. It brought the camera to 5.2.5 version, and English UI. And this 'upgrade' just worked using web UI upgrade.

As part of the upgrade instructions, seller asked me to change my PC's mac address to a specific mac address. I did that before upgrading to that firmware, which obviously worked. However, I could not resist doing the same with my default mac address (yes, I did put Chinese 5.3.0 firmware first) and that worked too. This makes me to believe that the whole magic of being able to downgrade from 5.3.0 to 5.2.5, with English UI is confined in the firmware given by the seller.

Any bright minds want to investigate this magical firmware?
Can you upload the files & share the instructions?
Was the firmware generated for your specific camera?
What was the mac address he had you use?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I found the problem. My mistake was that I set 192.0.0.128 in wireless adapter and the camera did not connect to pc's 192.0.0.128. I disabled from start wireless adapter and enable Local Connection with cable and set 192.0.0.128 there and than I connected the cables from PC and camera to router and run TFTP. Know the camera is downgraded from 5.3.0 to 5.2.0

I hope this will help somebody else too
Please post this firmware as we need to see how this runs, and what its doing at boot stage.

snoop69

n3wb
Reaction score
I am sorry for my English. On Aliexpress I ordered a camera DS-2CD2732F-IS and web interface update the firmware. After restart , do not connect it to the camera. I tried TFTP, but stops me Completed file[C:\digicap.dav] transmit

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What version of firmware was originally on the camera ( its on the box and the camera sticker)?
What firmware did you try to flash to the camera?

onetech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I brick my 2632..can't downgrade to 5.25 and 5.20 also with china language..Please can you send me your 5.25 for test ?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think you may have that the wrong way round, is 5.30 on the sticker?