HIKVISION mtd Brick Recovery Guide

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure whats happening there, the leds are network and heart beat, both should be flashing.

Ok, you need to tftp 5.2.5 English with the region flag changed or use the Chinses one and do the mtd hack to make it English.

Don't use the downgrader for this just use the normal 5.2.5

freetiger

n3wb
Reaction score
you need to stop the tftp after it is completed and wait. give it atleast 5-10 minutes and it should reboot. if it does not then power cycle it.
Hello, thank you for the answer. The camera finished to install the firmware. Now I can see it with the SADP tool (IP 192.168.1.64). I’ve tried to change the IP but I had the message “Failed to modify the settings.ID:001”. I tried the default password 12345.
The password recovery failed too.

Any idea ?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes your camera is in min-system you have failed to tftp the correct firmware onto the camera.

Looks like you tried to load an English fw to a Chinese camera,

freetiger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I used the Downgrader in the "Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English" and now everything is OK.
Thanks for the help.

Sperti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for the answer. The camera finished to install the firmware. Now I can see it with the SADP tool (IP 192.168.1.64). I’ve tried to change the IP but I had the message “Failed to modify the settings.ID:001”. I tried the default password 12345.
The password recovery failed too.

Any idea ?
Hello,

I have purchased 4 Hikvision 2032 via Chinese seller and received them last week. I tried a firmware upgrade and guess what... I couldn't access anymore. I have done the firmware upgrade to 3 cams and 2 of them I could also restore with the downgrader tftp. but still one camera is in the same state as in this screenshot from SADP, it shows 4.0.8 and I cannot connect to tftp...

any suggestions? (btw I am quite a rookie in terms of ssh, telnet, linux etc)

EDIT: I could solve it by installing a switch between PC and cam. Thanks alot for all your work here :)

Last edited by a moderator:

raaj99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
My problem I am not abl to connect camera 192.0.0.64 it pings only 3 times after that it's gone. after som times it start pinging but only 3 pings then again dead Pls help me

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Put the tftp in a folder in the c drive.

C://tftp
Use a switch or router and straight rj45 patch leads

Will85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Desperate forum noob looking for help!

I have 2 DS-2CD2332-i domes that appear to be bricked.

They used to be set to my own ip range, 192.168.0.94 & 192.168.0.100 before the "upgrade", worked fine.
I "upgraded". Cams upgraded but then got stuck saying rebooting.

Now they are unreachable on their ip addresses.
SADP does not see any ip addresses for them.
Router does not show any ip addresses for them.
"AngryIp Scanner" does not show any ip addresses for them.

Disconnected everything and just connected one camera to poe switch, and pc to same switch. Set PC ip to 192.0.0.128 and ran Hikvision TFTP server, from correct place on C:\ drive and with FW in the same folder - just sits there doing nothing saying "TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized" and no more.

Any help greatly appreciated - a bloody reset switch on the camera would be the most useful thing but obviously not - I am completely at my wits end. I seem to need to get into the camera to change it's ip address in order to get into the camera and the circle goes round and round

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP does not see any ip addresses for them.
Did SADP work OK before the 'upgrade? Just to be sure SADP is installed and working OK.
What firmware and for what model did you use for the 'upgrade', presumably via the web GUI?

It's unusual that SADP does not see the cameras.
Here is a suggestion to try, first for the older camera bootloader versions:
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
Ensure the PC is wired to a port on the switch/router.
Ensure just one of the cameras is wired to the same switch/router as the PC is wired to.
Power off the camera.
At a PC command prompt, type ping -t 192.0.0.64
Power on the camera, and check for any ping responses.
Normal would be 2 or 3 only, a few seconds after power up, not repeating after a few 10s of seconds.

Then repeat for the newer camera bootloader versions:
Set the PC IP address to 192.168.1.128
Ensure the PC is wired to a port on the switch/router.
Ensure just one of the cameras is wired to the same switch/router as the PC is wired to.
Power off the camera.
At a PC command prompt, type ping -t 192.168.1.64
Power on the camera, and check for any ping responses.
Normal would be 2 or 3 only, a few seconds after power up, not repeating after a few 10s of seconds.

Repeat for the other camera.

If you do get a response at all, the camera is still working, but likely changing to an as yet unknown IP address. Normally, SADP would find it.
If you do get a continuous response, the camera is still working, and browser access should be possible at the responding IP address and with SADP.

Will85

n3wb
Reaction score
Did SADP work OK before the 'upgrade? Just to be sure SADP is installed and working OK.
What firmware and for what model did you use for the 'upgrade', presumably via the web GUI?
Yes, SADP worked no problem at all pre-upgrade.
I used the following firmware - "Raptor_2_520_f_10_14_c.dav" in order to upgrade. I have 8 of these same cameras, 6 upgraded fine, using that firmware via the web gui, but these last two have given me the issues. As for pinging, I've used AngryIp scanner to ping all addresses from 192.0.0.0 - 192.168.2.254 all the way through but no responses (other than the expected other cameras/pcs on the network).

Am I putting 2 cameras in the bin?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like the GUI upgrade failed you will have to tftp to restore the firmware, if the camera's were brought before 2015, then use the firmware in my signature 5.1.6 this should restore your camera to a working state.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As for pinging, I've used AngryIp scanner to ping all addresses from 192.0.0.0 - 192.168.2.254 all the way through but no responses
This is not going to yield the same result as the repetitive ping of the 2 default IP addresses that result from a configuration reset, and which normally are only transiently used during bootup while the camera probes for the Hikvision tftp server.
But on the face of it, your scan for a final working IP address is thorough - and presumably took quite a long time!

*edit* And I meant to ask - does anything, such as FW version / date on the label, original serial number format etc, differentiate the 2 problem cams from the rest?

Will85

n3wb
Reaction score
This is not going to yield the same result as the repetitive ping of the 2 default IP addresses that result from a configuration reset, and which normally are only transiently used during bootup while the camera probes for the Hikvision tftp server.
But on the face of it, your scan for a final working IP address is thorough - and presumably took quite a long time!

*edit* And I meant to ask - does anything, such as FW version / date on the label, original serial number format etc, differentiate the 2 problem cams from the rest?
:) :) :) :) I fixed it thank god! Long story short - plug in the 12v power and didn't use the poe supply (put the network cables from pc and camera into the non-powered side of the switch), and then used the 2.5 FW from whoslooking's other sticky thread, finally restored capability. Both cameras however did not reboot automatically after the software update, I left them 20min to ensure full update successfully, and then switched them off and on manually at the 12v supply. This then booted them, reachable on 192.0.0.64 and logged in...etc.

Thanks to you both for your responses! Was alone in the dark world of hikvision for a while there, feels good to have found the light again :D

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, well done for persisting with the troubleshooting and getting there. Curious though about the PoE in the switch being implicated.

Reaction score
I'm stuck in the same place. I see my camera in SADP with the 4.0.8 firmware. I tired the TFTP recovery with POE and 12V DC.

I am able to see the device respond to pings on 192.0.0.64 but only 2-3 times. Then it appears as 192.168.1.64. No telnet, ssh, or http.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is running in what's known as 'min-system mode', it's a recovery mode after trying to flash incompatible firmware. No webserver etc. You should see 'min-system' in SADP as part of the serial number.
What model of camera is it, what version of firmware is on the label?
The fix is to tftp update with suitable firmware - depending on the model and when it was manufactured and what firmware version shows on the label.

Reaction score
2132F-IS. The sticker says 5.2.5. Which it was loaded with.

I read all the threads. So I'm aware about the min-system state. I just need help figuring out how to recover. Someone was talking about the camera trying to reach 192.168.1.1 but I didn't find that true. At least while half falling asleep last night. BTW I was able to recover this camera once before. Just seemed that after it got dark outside. Things went south. Any idea's?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Already tried that and it doesn't work.

In certain case I had to configure the laptop as 192.0.0.128/8. A /24 wouldn't work for whatever reason. Then again I really didn't dig into the issue.

I'll try again today at work or after. It would be great if I can get a list of things to try.

Thanks so much guys.