Hikvision NVR and Motion Detection on IP Camera

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah I don't use connect or its predecessor, I come in via VPN from my phone and then use ivms to view the cameras. CCTV system is entirely isolated on its own vLAN and no outbound access to other vLANs or internet, inbound only from my internal vLANs, hence am not concerned about the security updates in later firmware. If you're exposing to external then security may be as important but that's a personal call we each have to make.

Whether you can revert or not may depend on which firmware you are on, can't advise much there tho others like Alistair may know more, check the release notes for the version you are on and prior ones first tho. I went to v3.4.9x and found motion stopped working so reverted to .62 which works fine on my NVR, does result in a factory reset tho so you'd need to configure from scratch again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Worth remembering also is that ONVIF ProfileS, from what I recall, (and it's a while since I checked) does not mandate motion event subscriptions, they are optional, so not all cameras provide the event notifications that motion recording depends on.
ODM will show if events are generated, and what type.

Barry P

n3wb
Reaction score
you may be surprised...

Sony Starvis IMX290 2MP Mini WIFI IP Camera 1080P Pinhole 3.7mm lens 2 Way Audio Alarm SD Card Slot H.265/H.264 ONVIF IP Camera -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

no IR tho so you'd need to add that somehow if required, a small 1 or 2 LED illimunator if you can find, or rig something suitable inside the bird box. That said I ordered the 2.8mm lens option and that had IRcut glass on the back which would need removing for IR assist to work, so best to check before ordering. I since replaced the lens with treeye starlight ones which are an F stop or so faster glass.
That does sound promising, certainly something I would consider, just wish I knew it would work for sure when I got it.

Thanks for the tip

Barry

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've a few of them on my Hik NVR and working well ;-)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I also have 4 non-Hikvision IMX291 cameras on Hikvision NVRs, no problems, they all work well. It would be good to have smart events, but the motion detection works well.

JoseVD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Barry

I've already connected third brands cameras (One is a PTZ, another is a varifocal and a few fixed lens) All work like a charm when you find the correct protocol. I had a similar problem with a HK ds-2cd2420f-iw camera connected to a HK hybrid NVR... But these one made me said a few bad words. I used HK protocol since its HK camera, but when I changed it to ONVIF the motion detection worked. But, worked like a third brand camera, the colored boxes in the motion detection configuration nvr's gui was not red, but it worked. I had a similar problem with a non-branded PTZ which did record with ONVIF protocol but I wasn't able to move it. I tried with every single protocol until I found one that worked, I think you should try that.

Sorry for my english

Neilno

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Aengus 4h, I am going to downgrade my firmware as I am protected by VPN so am not that bothered about security updates and I am guessing there isn't a lot of feature updates. I don't know if I have left it too long but I have looked at HIKVISION UK PORTAL and I don't seem to be able to find the version to which you refer when your motion detection started to work (.62).
Does anyone have another link for historical firmware, please?
Thanks,
Neil.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have another link for historical firmware, please?
Depending on the (unspecified) model of NVR, there is a fair selection of older firmware here : NVR
And even here : ftp://ftp.hikvision.ru/01.%20%D0%A0%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8B/