n3wb
Reaction score
help me
frimware V3.0.10 Build 141126 Version multilingual Hikvison DS-7104N-SN / P

Attachments

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got a ds-7104N-SN delivered today with a manufacture date of 5-2015 shipped with firmware version 3.0.14 Build 150518
I can get my ESCAM QD900's to show live video just fine and record live streams but when I try to setup motion detection it says "The camera does not support the function" I have no idea what its doing as motion detection works great with the camera firmware itself.
Neil

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a ds-7104N-SN delivered today with a manufacture date of 5-2015 shipped with firmware version 3.0.14 Build 150518
I can get my ESCAM QD900's to show live video just fine and record live streams but when I try to setup motion detection it says "The camera does not support the function" I have no idea what its doing as motion detection works great with the camera firmware itself.
Neil
Welcome to the forum..not all cameras and NVR's work well together, particularity when it comes to motion detection..escam is a really low end brand and i would not be surprised if they dont properly implement onvif...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As @fenderman says - many IP cameras that claim ONVIF compatibility may not even implement the mandatory aspects of the ONVIF specification, and probably haven't had certification testing.
Last time I looked - and I'll admit it was a while back - 'push/pull event subscriptions' which would be used for triggers such as motion detection etc were an optional part of the ProfileS specification, so not often implemented.
The only IP cameras that I have seen so far (maybe 6 or 7 brands) that support motion etc events under ONVIF are Hikvision. But they do have a real ONVIF certification, which generally you won't see on the low-end brands.

There is an easy way to see if the cameras support motion detection events under ONVIF.
Use the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Let it find the camera, and take a look at the 'Events' page.
Create some motion, and see if you get anything like the Hikvision sample below:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you very much alastairstevenson I will give it a go when I get home. I have a feeling I will have to sell off my escams to fund the purchase of a couple of hikvision cameras to work with the nvr. I guess I failed to do my homework past assuming that since it was onvif compliant that they would shake hands and work a little better... I have purchased and installed tinycam pro via my android devices and that software is able to detect and record motion only events off of the escam qd900s so I am hoping I can find a way to make them work but I have messed around quite a bit with no luck so far... I will keep trying...
Neil

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In my experience, ONVIF actually works pretty well for continuous recording even in a limited implementation.
Even if the NVR and the cameras don't communicate well enough to offer and select all the combinations of frame rate, resolution etc, all they have to do to record video is to get an RTSP string right so they can do the RTSP setup dialogues.

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah actually I have all 4 of them hooked up and recording at highest bitrate possible (just playing around). It does not even hiccup recording all 4 1080p streams to that wd purple drive. I would really love to get these guys working with the nvr but if they are incompatible then I guess I will have to go a different route. I have a low profile single blade server running ubuntu and zoneminder which works amazingly well and is able to detect motion via the rtsp stream. That is why im still wondering just why this stuff doesnt work lol.. I figure the zone minder software is what is doing the motion detection as it has a ton of processing power vs the small nvr which is just essentially told when to start recording and when to stop. I will run that onvif software when I get home to see what information I can gather from it.. Thanks again for all the help guys!
Neil

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just downloaded and updated the firmware to v3.0.16 Build 150617 on my chinese DS-7108N-SN/P (using this link, http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_699.html#prettyPhoto and some help from google translate) which appears to work fine (in English) but I can't seem to login to the NVR via the browser. I've tried my old admin password aswell as the default username (admin) and password(12345), but none work. I just get this screen. I've rebooted my box a few times with the same issue.

Any ideas anyone? Has the default password changed on this firmware? I only upgraded to the latest because the existing version was giving me lots of issues.

Thanks

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Petersburg,
Yes the NVR is the chinese version, but I managed to solve the problem by getting the originally firmware from the supplier (when it was in English but older firmware), so everything is now working fine. I'm waiting for a newer English version (higher than 3.0.10 Build 141201) that is compatible with my Chinese DS-7108N-SN/P version.

PETERSBURG

n3wb
Reaction score
i just received my DVR same model you have but all is in Chinese, i used workstation before with Blue Iris and now i invest in NVR, i just upgrade with new version but still in Chinese, can you help me to downgrade to multi language version. signed French Guy.

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Petersburg,
This is the firmware you need,
[h=3]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ok8nyh7g3hqcfq6/AAAvI8rCmQChFcLnmFU7UrBia?dl=0

for the DS-7108N-SN/P (NVR) which will provide you with English GUI. You need to download Hkvision TFTP software and setup your PC/Laptop(windows) with an IP address of 192.0.0.128 (subnet 255.255.255.0) or similar as the NVR when it boots will have an IP address of 192.0.0.64. The TFTP software will upload the firmware to the NVR when you launch the TFTP software and then boot the NVR, obviously the NVR and your PC/Laptop must be on the same network. Do a search on this forum for TFTP and you should be able to get links and better explanation on how to use it.[/h]
I hope that helps, let me know how you get on.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have a choice of firmware for this NVR It's a great little recorder and fantastic value for money

Lastest firmware is 3.13
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua1qo6jhjmjisew/7100 Series Chinese to English 3.13.rar?dl=0

also 3.10 also very good.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y88e19nyaa806fw/tftprc_en.dll?dl=0

and the first release which doesn't care about camera region.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31r2kxv89q2ddgr/AAD4BFjBa__ZHRtwAFcnz7CJa?dl=0

All of the above firmware's are for the Chinese NVR and will make it English for you.

Enjoy